Collapse

handicap

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handicap

what is the easiest way to get my true handicap i generally play bogey golf so i thought i would be 18 but my pals say it depends on the course thanks

Re: handicap

There are a few online handicap calculators that will do the calculation for you for free. In a nut shell, your handicap takes into account each course's slope rating and handicap along with your score. Also, you only use your most recent rounds - a round you shot 5 years ago drops off your handicap.

I'm sure there will be a couple of others come along and give you the exact formula for calculating it.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
    TM SLDR 10.5*
    TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
    TM Rescue 22*
    4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
    Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
    Ping Ketch
    Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Offers USGA-comparable handicapping but allows the user to modify the handicap method. Create a custom handicapping system for your casual league.

Now you will need to input course info and round info, but this will generate and track your handicap. As well as scoring average. It's a reasonable program. If you consistantly shoot 18 over your handicap would actually be lower than that, as a handicap represents the best score your can expect to shoot 20% of the time.

Comment

You can use a free online handicap website. This one is affiliated with Mike Weir's website, and is approved by the RCGA.
        http://www.tee-on.com/
        Just sign up for free

Comment

thanks guys tried one last night with not much luck simple needs simple lol

Comment

Tee-on has a lot of the Ontario courses listed in their database. After you sign up all you have to do is pick the course you played, the tee box you played from and your score. If your course is not listed send the information from the score card to the contact on tee on and they will add it quickly. You will need the tee colours and yardages from each and the course slope rating from each tee.
            You have to enter 5 scores to get a handicap, and then an official handicap when you have entered 20 scores.

Comment

www.digitaldivot.com

Its free and has many local Toronto and Canadian courses already inputted. For your handicap, you count 10 best scores out of last 20 played...

BTW. this is a wrong location for your post!
              What's in the bag
              - six pack of Bud light (slightly used)
              - pair of dirty socks
              - stinky towel
              - half a sandwich from two weeks ago
              - two used gloves from last year
              - men's cooking magazine "Golf Tarts"
              - score card which was "doctored" 19 times
              - book of 101 excuses for missing a putt
              - o yea, and bunch of clubs

Comment

ooops me sorry

Comment

There are two ways... join a club and get an official USGA handicap through them. Joining a club is a good way to get your handicap index squared away. The second way is by calculating it yourself. While this is not "official," it will give you the insight as to how a handicap is calculated and give you an idea of what your handicap is. I've written (typed) out the formula below, there are three steps:

1. Calculate your handicap differrential: (score - course rating) x 113/slope

2. Collect the differentials (if less than 5 differentials are used, use the lowest for further calculations. It is best to use 20 scores and then use the lowest 10 for further calculations.)

3. Average the differentials and multiply that figure by 0.96 The resulting number is your handicap index.

More information can be found at http://www.usga.org

Hope that helps!
                  Bag o' Trix

Ping G5 10.5, 15, 18
                  Ping S59 3-9
                  Vokey Oil Cans 50, 56, 60
                  Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 3
                  Titleist Pro V1

Comment

You might want an RCGA handicap in this country

Comment

Fair enough... is there a big difference between an RCGA and USGA handicap?
                      Bag o' Trix

Ping G5 10.5, 15, 18
                      Ping S59 3-9
                      Titleist Pro V1

Comment

Originally posted by nearace
                        what is the easiest way to get my true handicap i generally play bogey golf so i thought i would be 18 but my pals say it depends on the course thanks
                        A bogey golfer will have a course handicap of approximately 20 on a course of average difficulty. If the course was quite difficult then the bogey course handicap would obviously be higher.

Golf courses have two ratings: one for the scratch golfer and one for the bogey golfer. The slope rating is computed using the difference between the course rating and the bogey rating.
                        Slope rating (Men) = 5.381 X (Bogey rating - Course rating)

A golfer who averages 1 over the par per hole, (bogey golf) is actually better than a bogey golfer.

Comment

RCGA Handicap Manual
                          Bag o' Trix

Ping G5 10.5, 15, 18
                          Ping S59 3-9
                          Titleist Pro V1

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews