Collapse

World Cup: World Golf Championships

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup: World Golf Championships

The following countries/players will be participating in the upcoming World Cup with the following schedule:

Thursday, Nov. 18: Four-ball Format
    Friday, Nov. 19: Foursomes Format
    Saturday, Nov. 20: Four-ball Format
    Sunday, Nov. 21: Foursomes Format

When I look down that list, I would have to think that Spain and Ireland are favoured to win the Cup. It's a shame there isn't too many world class players in the field....Weir also isn't playing. Immelman/Sabbatini are the defending champions.

==============================================

Argentina
    Eduardo Romero

Angel Cabrera

Australia

Stephen Leaney

Nick O'Hern

Austria

Markus Brier

Martin Wiegele

Canada

Stuart Anderson

Darren Griff

Colombia

Manuel Merizalde

Jose Garrido

Denmark

Anders Hansen

Soren Kjeldsen

England

Paul Casey

Luke Donald

France

Raphael Jacquelin

Thomas Levet

Germany
    Marcel Siem

Kariem Baraka

Holland

Robert-Jan Derksen

Maarten Lafeber

Ireland

Padraig Harrington

Paul McGinley

Italy

Allesandro Tadini

Andrea Maestroni

Japan

Shigeki Maruyama

Hidemichi Tanaka

Mexico

Pablo del Olmo

Alejandro Quiroz

Myanmar

Kyi Hla Han

Soe Kyaw Naing

New Zealand

David Smail

Craig Perks

Scotland

Scott Drummond

Alastair Forsyth

South Africa

Trevor Immelman

Rory Sabbatini

South Korea

Kim Dae-Sub

Shin Yong-Jin

Spain

Sergio Garcia

Miguel Angel Jimenez

Sweden

Frederick Jacobson

Joakim Haeggman

Taiwan

Wang Ter-Chang

Lu Wei-Chih

United States

Bob Tway

Scott Verplank

Wales

Bradley Dredge

Phillip Price
    Feherty: " 270 to carry the water, you might want to lay up SnowFlake "

I'm somewhat surprised that M.Weir and S.Ames did not participate this year....they would have done well against that field...
    You may contact me with general questions about the forum.
    Advertising requests should be emailed to advertise@torontogolfnuts.com.
    Contact us to organize a TGN golf day/TGN tournament at your golf course, email events@torontogolfnuts.com.
    Thank you to all our members and sponsors for your continued support. Looking forward to a brand new golf season.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen of the Beach
      I'm somewhat surprised that M.Weir and S.Ames did not participate this year....they would have done well against that field...
      M.Weir didn't participate, but also I believe S.Ames is not able to represent Canada as of yet.....I believe he has to have been a citizen for atleast 2 years.....I also read that he's not much of a fan of team golf competitions so he probably wouldn't participate even if he were eligible......

Comment

wow, what a rather weak field...i would take the Spaniards to win this one too...I also like the French pair...doesn't even make it interesting to watch with this weak field...i guess everyone's gearing up for the next season...
        "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
        Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
        Winston Churchill

Comment

I guess the World Cup isn't as prestigious? I don't recognize any names! I think I would only recognize names from Canada, US, South Africa and some other random players in Europe.

Comment

Looks like the Women's World Cup doesn't have a list of contestants. I'm gonna make a separate post

Comment

Originally posted by Ems
              I guess the World Cup isn't as prestigious? I don't recognize any names! I think I would only recognize names from Canada, US, South Africa and some other random players in Europe.
              Yeah, I never realized that the end of year WGC tournament has a lot of world class players missing....I recently watched a preview of the WGC Cup the past week and saw that Love III/Couples won the tournament the past four years from the period of '92-'95 I believe.....it may have been more popular in the past?

It may not be as prestigious because we have the Ryder Cup/President's Cup each alternating year......

Comment

Originally posted by Ego Woods
                Yeah, I never realized that the end of year WGC tournament has a lot of world class players missing....I recently watched a preview of the WGC Cup the past week and saw that Love III/Couples won the tournament the past four years from the period of '92-'95 I believe.....it may have been more popular in the past?

It may not be as prestigious because we have the Ryder Cup/President's Cup each alternating year......
                Still made for some pretty entertaining and quality golf though...Luke Donald has a crazy hot streak of putting making 4 straight birdies. I found it very questionable for Garcia and Jiminaz's judgement to go for the green on the 16th green from the rough. (Garcia then put it in the drink and killed their chances). Why didn't he just lay up and get a bird and move on? They were only 1 stroke back! Oh well, proably the home crowd made them go for glory!
                "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
                Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
                Winston Churchill

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X