PDA

View Full Version : Golf poll 2009

Bellyhungry
Mar 4, 2009, 10:22 PM
As the golf season approaches, how would the recent economy development impact your golf game in term of rounds played, equipment purchases, other auxiliary golf spending?

Leftygolfer30
Mar 4, 2009, 11:29 PM
I picked "cut back" as I will NOT be spending anywhere near what I did on clubs last year. The irons I have are planted firmly in the bag for awhile - I may be changing the shafts but that will be it.

I caught a bit of racmbsitis last year and had 3 different sets of irons, new wedges, purchased 4 putters, a new hybrid and new driver.

Not doing that alone will lower my spending. :rolleyes:

As for actual playing, I hope to do the same as last year. :D

goshawk
Mar 5, 2009, 06:46 AM
I chose cut back because of my part-time job as a course marshall (thanks Dave! :D ). I don't plan on spending a lot on green fees this season, except for "road trips".

bigshot
Mar 5, 2009, 08:17 AM
I said "little impact" but I actually plan to play more - maybe even spend more overall.

In 2009, less equipment (bought new everything in 2008 in my first full year of playing) but more golf, plus trip to Myrtle Beach.

Have to spend the big bonus cheque somehow in order to help the economy!:D

Bellyhungry
Mar 5, 2009, 08:31 AM
I will be cutting back on equipment purchases unless something really attractive (the R9 driver is mighty tempting) comes along.

As far as rounds played, I would cut back on those impromptu spur-of-the-moment kind of rounds where I just go play mindlessly without focus.

Also, planning on hitting up business partners to have off-site meetings more.

goshawk
Mar 5, 2009, 08:51 AM
Also, planning on hitting up business partners to have off-site meetings more.
Gotta love those 18 hole meeting!!! :p

compugeek
Mar 5, 2009, 09:00 AM
Plan on golfing more and spending less. See what the summer brings regarding the cost of greens fees. One more year of public golf for me. Who knows maybe more.

Maverickping
Mar 5, 2009, 09:17 AM
I think it will balance out.

Money spent on equipment won't be necessary this year (thinking about the KBS shafts though). I am set for my clubs, have 8 doz. of the Z Star balls.

But, I am taking lessons and will continue them into the summer as well. Then the very real possibility to have some time to play golf will see an increase due to greens fees.

So, I would say everything balances out in my direction :)

Rick

nearace
Mar 5, 2009, 01:19 PM
the season will be as usual for me:)

I chose cut back because of my part-time job as a course marshall (thanks Dave! :D ). I don't plan on spending a lot on green fees this season, except for "road trips".where will you be working?

setter02
Mar 5, 2009, 04:23 PM
I will be playing more only as I will be working for a club, and will play at friends clubs too. As for spending on equipment, that remains a mystery as I can both see myself retooling the whole bag, or just adding/changing a few pieces.

Leftygolfer30
Mar 5, 2009, 05:29 PM
I chose cut back because of my part-time job as a course marshall (thanks Dave! :D ). I don't plan on spending a lot on green fees this season, except for "road trips".

If you run across Jeff while you're working, make sure you tell him to speed up and keep pace - his reaction is priceless :eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bellyhungry
Mar 5, 2009, 05:44 PM

Where are you marshalling this year?

goshawk
Mar 5, 2009, 05:45 PM
Where are you marshalling this year?I managed to get on at Rolling Hills.

If you run across Jeff while you're working, make sure you tell him to speed up and keep pace - his reaction is priceless :eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That would almost be worth it, even if he's NOT behind pace!!:D

Bellyhungry
Mar 5, 2009, 05:50 PM
I managed to get on at Rolling Hills.

Nicely done....With all the insights here on this site about marshalling, I am sure you are well versed in dealing with those slow-paced buggers.

Good luck!