PDA

View Full Version : What else are you NUTS about?

Pages : [1] 2

milner_7
Mar 6, 2009, 08:12 AM
I love Golf. Way too much for my own good:cookoo: However I have found a new passion to keep me busy in the winter. Snowboarding. I have been a few times over the years but this year I went all out. bought a new board. boots bindings and all the outerwear to go along with it. I found myself feeling the same way about getting better at it as I do with golf.

Now I am sad that the season is ending but happy that golf is just around the corner.

Anyone else have a similar situation?

JEBS
Mar 6, 2009, 08:20 AM
Mechanical watches. sad.. expensive.. but true

#1 on my list is being the best father to my son

gimmeabogey
Mar 6, 2009, 08:26 AM
I have tried winter sports to kill time till summer comes around but to no avail. I've tried alpine, nordic, shinny..........the best winter sport I found so far hottubbing and beer drinking :p oh wait, those are year around sports

goshawk
Mar 6, 2009, 08:37 AM
I'm a bit of a fishing addict as well. Living down south, I had a line wet every day, sometimes combining it with golf by doing some bass fishing in golf course ponds. :D But, unlike Howie, Hommie don't do ice fishing!
My other addiction is birds of prey. There are times that I wish I was stll able to practice falconry, but I think those days are gone by now. I still enjoy spotting Redtail Hawks in trees along the side of the highway, or even stopping by the side of the road and watch them hunting.

dks_34
Mar 6, 2009, 08:42 AM
For me it's photography and a little bit of woodworking!

Bellyhungry
Mar 6, 2009, 08:52 AM
I am also nuts about shoes (just not golf shoes though).

I probably have over 100 pairs of shoes of different makes and price points.

milner_7
Mar 6, 2009, 09:45 AM

Sounds like my wife:p

Bellyhungry
Mar 6, 2009, 09:48 AM
Sounds like my wife:p

Hey! No judging :nono:

Feherty Fan
Mar 6, 2009, 09:54 AM
Playing Hockey...

Kace
Mar 6, 2009, 09:59 AM
I'm like you Milner....I got tired of hating winter so I took up snowboarding last year and have done so pretty seriously. It definitely helps me get through the winter a lot easier.

And I also love and play volleyball 2-3 times a week in the winter.

gimmeabogey
Mar 6, 2009, 10:00 AM
You know I was exposed to falconary and pidgeon racing as a kid in Europe, as well hunting. I have since been to see some falconary in Germany but I don't see any of that around here. Pidgeon racing is huge in Europe. I' not sure what it's called but there is also training them for flights in formations too.

I'm a bit of a fishing addict as well. Living down south, I had a line wet every day, sometimes combining it with golf by doing some bass fishing in golf course ponds. :D But, unlike Howie, Hommie don't do ice fishing!
My other addiction is birds of prey. There are times that I wish I was stll able to practice falconry, but I think those days are gone by now. I still enjoy spotting Redtail Hawks in trees along the side of the highway, or even stopping by the side of the road and watch them hunting.

goshawk
Mar 6, 2009, 10:27 AM
The next time during the summer that you go up to play north of Hwy 9, plan on a stop at the Falconry Centre in Tottenham. Very nice facility with shows.

http://www.falconrycentre.com/index2.html

Samick
Mar 6, 2009, 10:50 AM

Hmmm, really....thats.....uuhhhh....hhhmmmm. :D Just teasing!

I have yet to find a hobby for the loooonnnnggg winter months. I had planned on buying a snowmachine, but with the weather being so hit or miss, its hard to justify the cost. Not only the machine, but the trail permits, insurance...etc..etc...

Yea....still looking....

Chambokl
Mar 6, 2009, 11:56 AM

I was wondering if my wife is also on this site...:rofl::rofl:

davevandyk
Mar 6, 2009, 12:06 PM
well when i was in Auz, it was cycling. I got really into it where I went from hating working out to going for 50+km cycles like they were a round of golf! Now thanks to being back in Canada, I have had to buy a good indoor trainer but it is not the same. Can't wait for the spring to come, Ottawa has some decent trails, but right now cycling inside has me stir-crazy!

P25
Mar 6, 2009, 12:10 PM
Baseball for me...definitely more of a summer guy.

cobbie_90
Mar 6, 2009, 12:17 PM
I love Golf. Way too much for my own good:cookoo: However I have found a new passion to keep me busy in the winter. Snowboarding. I have been a few times over the years but this year I went all out. bought a new board. boots bindings and all the outerwear to go along with it. I found myself feeling the same way about getting better at it as I do with golf.

Now I am sad that the season is ending but happy that golf is just around the corner.

have the same problem as you..... girlfriend worked at the ski hill last year and said you should try snowboarding ..... picked it up very easy and love it !!!also play hockey and some indoor basketball

TORAIDER
Mar 6, 2009, 12:19 PM
My wife would say football...

BowmanvilleJim
Mar 6, 2009, 01:16 PM
have the same problem as you..... girlfriend worked at the ski hill last year and said you should try snowboarding ..... picked it up very easy and love it !!!also play hockey and some indoor basketball

do they have a basketball league for little people in Newcastle? :D

imAnewbie
Mar 6, 2009, 01:20 PM
For me photography, currently setting up portfolio website... it's either I give a golf day or earn $$$ during weekends... :D I hope the wedding's on a golf course and I can get free rounds! :rofl:

Also, graphics and web designing! xD

Leftygolfer30
Mar 6, 2009, 01:20 PM
I'm kookoo for Coco Puffs. :p

BowmanvilleJim
Mar 6, 2009, 01:24 PM
You're just plain kookoo

stew962
Mar 6, 2009, 01:39 PM
does sex and beer count?

BowmanvilleJim
Mar 6, 2009, 01:48 PM
Yes they do but don't let your wife catch you enjoying either of them.

Muggs
Mar 6, 2009, 02:01 PM
I'd have to say music/dj ing, ping pong! (oh and being a good dad or "the best daddy" as my son told me this AM ):D:D:D

Anyone nuts about interior house painting and want to paint mine over march break while i'm golfing in florida??? :D:D:D:D

herbert
Mar 6, 2009, 02:07 PM
I'm very well balanced (er equally obsessed about a number of things):

hockey though I only play twice a week thru the winter, once a week in the summer
drumming - bought an electronic set last year -- love them
cycling - finally bought a good bike last year and am trying to ride a few times a week
woodworking and renovating - though house is almost done now ... time to buy a new one:eek:
absolutely addicted to the show "Lost" -- watched the 1st 4 seasons in about 3 months and am now watching it live on tv ... can't handle the 7 day wait between episodes thoughI think I need help. I think I'll go play drums for a bit, the golf's on tv at 2:30 then I've got hockey at 5.

nearace
Mar 6, 2009, 04:25 PM
ice fishing,here are a few I caught todayhttp://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t234/nocod/DSCF2009.jpg

landlord
Mar 6, 2009, 04:49 PM
I'm just mad about saffron ...

WILL
Mar 6, 2009, 05:18 PM
I'm generally NUTS about Muskoka, camping, snow boarding, wake boarding and golf.

milner_7
Mar 6, 2009, 06:25 PM
does sex and beer count?

Of course thats a given:)

I'm like you Milner....I got tired of hating winter so I took up snowboarding last year and have done so pretty seriously. It definitely helps me get through the winter a lot easier.

And I also love and play volleyball 2-3 times a week in the winter.

Looks like there are a few of us. Maybe we can hook up for some boarding outings next winter. I am sure we can round up spme more peeps

golf nut
Mar 6, 2009, 06:51 PM
Saltwater fish and coral. and the occasional track day.

luv2golow
Mar 6, 2009, 09:11 PM
Wrestling with wild animals.

Scotch, wine, and cigars.

Buying stuff with 3rd party, post-dated cheques.

:cool:

Bellyhungry
Mar 6, 2009, 09:20 PM
Saltwater fish and coral. and the occasional track day.

Salt water fish..Hmmm, as in eating them?

Big Shooter
Mar 6, 2009, 09:25 PM

Looks like there are a few of us. Maybe we can hook up for some fraudulent outings next winter. I am sure we can round up some more peeps :D

Kace
Mar 6, 2009, 10:26 PM
Looks like there are a few of us. Maybe we can hook up for some boarding outings next winter. I am sure we can round up spme more peeps

Definitely. I have a 5x7 at Blue this year and will likely pick one up last year too.

Leftygolfer30
Mar 6, 2009, 10:38 PM

You really shouldn't talk about your lovely wife like that :p

tasker
Mar 6, 2009, 11:08 PM
Vinyl and finding old Lenco turntables to restore/revive and CDs for when i can't find the vinyl.

And photography .....

Chris

milner_7
Mar 6, 2009, 11:09 PM
Looks like there are a few of us. Maybe we can hook up for some fraudulent outings next winter. I am sure we can round up some more peeps :D

Hey be nice;)

luv2golow
Mar 7, 2009, 02:57 PM
You really shouldn't talk about your lovely wife like that :p

You haven't met her.....:eek:

Samick
Mar 7, 2009, 03:24 PM

We are going to have to get together and share stories...I have a beauty about having a deer in a headlock while about 20 observers were gasping at the sight! :rofl:

WILL
Mar 7, 2009, 03:27 PM
We are going to have to get together and share stories...I have a beauty about having a deer in a headlock while about 20 observers were gasping at the sight! :rofl:

Thats no way to treat your mom, even if you did call her "dear" :rolleyes:

It wont be long now, buddy. If it would stop friggin rainin we could go now. :hyper:

Samick
Mar 7, 2009, 03:42 PM
Thats no way to treat your mom, even if you did call her "dear" :rolleyes:

It wont be long now, buddy. If it would stop friggin rainin we could go now. :hyper:

:rofl: :rofl: Oh no you didnt! I smell a match a brewing with some bucks on the line!:D Ok...at least a snickers. :rofl: :p

luv2golow
Mar 7, 2009, 03:43 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Oh no you didnt! I smell a match a brewing with some bucks on the line!:D Ok...at least a snickers. :rofl: :p

I think this calls for a "yo momma" thread......:rofl:

WILL
Mar 7, 2009, 03:48 PM
yo momma is soo ugly .... we have to tie a T-bone round her neck so the dog will play with her. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bigshot
Mar 7, 2009, 04:08 PM
For me it's photography and a little bit of woodworking!

+1
Even though, like golf, I'm not that good at either :D

goshawk
Mar 7, 2009, 04:08 PM
yo momma is soo ugly .... we have to tie a T-bone round her neck so the dog will play with her. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And so it starts!!!!! :hyper:

hoganapexplus
Mar 7, 2009, 09:00 PM

Yo mama is so fat when she broke her leg, gravy came out.

Sunshine
Mar 7, 2009, 09:27 PM
I guess you could say I'm nuts about my car

sloniu260
Mar 7, 2009, 09:32 PM
Yo momma is so fat...when she jumped for joy...she got stuck!:rofl:

ontario
Mar 7, 2009, 11:07 PM

I started snowboarding when I was 40 because I got bored with skiing. Then I got bored with snowboarding and discovered *alpine* snowboarding. Ever see guys in hard boots and long skinny boards ripping high speed carves and leaving pencil-thin trenches? That's alpine snowboarding.

http://www.snowycolorado.com/stories/alpine-carving-lessons.jpg

Try it and you will be hooked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae3UQ7wJCpc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6byVjzZYO6I&feature=related

I can even loan you some equipment.