PDA

View Full Version : WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THIS HAPPENING!?

jnj37
Mar 6, 2009, 06:30 PM
Like, I suppose, many of you, I took off for the range this afternoon, The Docks. Half-way through a bucket of balls, working on swing changes, a camera crew from the CBC showed up. They were doing a piece on the unseasonably warm temperatures. They shot a bunch of footage, did a brief interview, and took off. I caught the news at 6:00. (Okay, it was an ego thing.) They open with a shot of me, then go into their "weird weather" piece. The first bit was Nathan Phillips Square, and all the people skating in the sunshine. A young guy skates up to the camera and they do an interview with him. Ho-hum. Except the young guy they interview is my SON! How many people live in the GTA, 4 million? What are the odds of both of us appearing on the same day, in the same program, about the same topic!? Maybe the stars are aligned. Maybe I should buy a Lottery ticket.
p.s. My new swing looked good. But then again, I'm biased.

Chambokl
Mar 6, 2009, 06:38 PM
That is awesome. I will have to watch the news later tonight...lol. I will let you know about your swing...:rofl:

MannyR
Mar 6, 2009, 06:40 PM
Amazing coincidence...will have to watch the news later.

nearace
Mar 6, 2009, 07:26 PM
go buy that lottery ticket,thats some crazy coincedence.

cobbie_90
Mar 6, 2009, 07:29 PM
lol that is pretty crazy

dekker
Mar 6, 2009, 07:59 PM
Run and get a lottery ticket, then call up the CBC and tell them about the coincidence and that you bought the tickets. :rofl:Maybe they'll send out a crew for the news at 11. Good luck on the lottery.

BowmanvilleJim
Mar 6, 2009, 08:31 PM
What would really be funny is if you called in sick to play golf, get interviewed and then see your boss in the same piece doing the same thing.

Bellyhungry
Mar 6, 2009, 08:36 PM
The dad at The Dock; the son at Nathan Phillips SQ; How come neither was at work and school? :confused:

And where is the mother?

hogannut
Mar 6, 2009, 08:42 PM
Like, I suppose, many of you, I took off for the range this afternoon, The Docks. Half-way through a bucket of balls, working on swing changes, a camera crew from the CBC showed up. They were doing a piece on the unseasonably warm temperatures. They shot a bunch of footage, did a brief interview, and took off. I caught the news at 6:00. (Okay, it was an ego thing.) They open with a shot of me, then go into their "weird weather" piece. The first bit was Nathan Phillips Square, and all the people skating in the sunshine. A young guy skates up to the camera and they do an interview with him. Ho-hum. Except the young guy they interview is my SON! How many people live in the GTA, 4 million? What are the odds of both of us appearing on the same day, in the same program, about the same topic!? Maybe the stars are aligned. Maybe I should buy a Lottery ticket.
p.s. My new swing looked good. But then again, I'm biased.

I was at the docks around 6:00, it was nice. Very cool story.

Queen of the Beach
Mar 6, 2009, 10:32 PM
Wow thanks for sharing your story. That is pretty cool. You and your son should both buy a lotto ticket! :)

jnj37
Mar 6, 2009, 11:12 PM
Dad after work. Son on lunch hour. Mother/ex-wife...who cares.

landlord
Mar 7, 2009, 06:30 AM
That's odd. On CityPulse yesterday I saw one of those street interviews with a woman, didn't catch her name, who mentioned a son who liked to go to City Hall Square during lunch, and an ex-husband who ... well, she didn't elaborate but just made a funny face and changed the subject.

"Isn't this weather fantastic!?" she finally said.

j/k ;)

jnj37
Mar 7, 2009, 09:05 AM
That's odd. On CityPulse yesterday I saw one of those street interviews with a woman, didn't catch her name, who mentioned a son who liked to go to City Hall Square during lunch, and an ex-husband who ... well, she didn't elaborate but just made a funny face and changed the subject.

"Isn't this weather fantastic!?" she finally said.

j/k ;)

That's very funny.

It might have been my ex-wife...did she look like she had a lot of money?

cdnputter
Mar 7, 2009, 09:33 AM
That's very funny.

Not like she had any of her own money, someone else's for sure.... very smug look. ;)

swaaain
Mar 7, 2009, 10:27 AM
That's very funny.

She looked like she had alot of your money!

jnj37
Mar 7, 2009, 11:08 AM
She looked like she had alot of your money!

Jeff, you're confusing her with my lawyer.

(Enough with my sordid personal life. After over six years of a still unresolved combat, even I'm bored with the subject. How do we CLOSE this thread?)

compugeek
Mar 7, 2009, 06:13 PM
So did you win? maybe I will buy one for tonights draw for you.:)

jnj37
Mar 7, 2009, 06:26 PM
So did you win? maybe I will buy one for tonights draw for you.:)

Bought a couple of tickets, but I don't know how aligned the stars really are - burned breakfast, someone stole my morning paper, and I just ran out of scotch. Doesn't bode well.