PDA

View Full Version : Ball Retriever

Bunker_Play
Mar 10, 2009, 02:01 PM
Should I carry one? I can't remember the last time I used it to get my ball, but I have for my friends.... When I send a ball into the drink...I am not going swimming to get.

guitarman
Mar 10, 2009, 02:18 PM
I stopped carrying one. I don't want any TGN'ers laughing at me.

goshawk
Mar 10, 2009, 02:20 PM
Don't talk about my 14th club like that!!

mirak
Mar 10, 2009, 02:34 PM
As long as you get a Callaway one.... LOL it even comes with a head cover...

nearace
Mar 10, 2009, 05:51 PM
never carry one,if a ball is gone for a swim it stays there.

landlord
Mar 10, 2009, 06:01 PM
Don't you have to be 65 to get one? Same rule as for Buicks.

laps
Mar 10, 2009, 06:50 PM
I have one, but I don't use it - I leave it in the garage. I don't buy expensive balls, so by the end of the round, I am usually even or ahead.

cobbie_90
Mar 10, 2009, 06:56 PM
used one once and it got all my grips wet ...never again

Chambokl
Mar 10, 2009, 07:08 PM
Should I carry one? I can't remember the last time I used it to get my ball, but I have for my friends.... When I send a ball into the drink...I am not going swimming to get.

* NO *

Leftygolfer30
Mar 10, 2009, 10:03 PM
never carry one,if a ball is gone for a swim it stays there.

Ditto.

As I say, if a ball goes in the water it's because "it" wanted to. Taking it out will only result in "it" going back in the water the next chance "it" gets.

The above is the same reason I never fish for balls in a pond or stream - if "it" went there once, "it" belongs there - "it" will just keep going back :D

Likes The Links
Mar 10, 2009, 10:30 PM
I walk and carry a bag so no need for any extra weight

setter02
Mar 10, 2009, 10:50 PM
If the ball goes in the water it was defective and shouldn't be played again, only play the ones that go in the hole in 4 or less strokes!

imAnewbie
Mar 10, 2009, 11:45 PM
If you have one, that means you are expecting to lose one to the water LOL:rofl:

guitarman
Mar 11, 2009, 09:30 AM
If you have one, that means you are expecting to lose one to the water LOL:rofl:

So should I get rid of my sandwedge so that I won't be expecting to go in the sand bunker?:D

just123123
Mar 11, 2009, 10:06 AM
Don't you have to be 65 to get one? Same rule as for Buicks.

hahahahaha good one

I can remember many many year's ago I used to have one. But I'll never forget when talking to the Pro at a course one day he looked in my bag and said; "...what's that....with all that fancy equipment you've got in your bag you must be good...whaddya need that for...."?

Never carried one again...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: EGO BOYS, EGO

goshawk
Mar 11, 2009, 10:38 AM
Actually, my stepson bought me one for Christmas years ago. The next season, I put it in his bag. He likes to fish for balls that he can see/reach, but not if it's going to hold up play.

cdnputter
Mar 11, 2009, 10:39 AM
If the ball goes in the water it was defective and shouldn't be played again, only play the ones that go in the hole in 4 or less strokes!

so.... if you have a hole where you have 5 or more shots, what do you do with the ball? Toss it into the nearest pond? ;)

I've been known to send a few balls to their watery grave after a round. If I see one that I know is freshly swimming, I might try to get it out with my wedge, anything that requires more effort is too much effort.

gr8glfr
Mar 11, 2009, 10:44 AM
If you can't retrieve your ball from water with an iron than the ball is not worth the extra effort. I say let the d@mn thing drown!

MannyR
Mar 11, 2009, 12:06 PM
Great for loosening balls that are lodged in palm trees.

sloniu260
Mar 11, 2009, 01:27 PM
I dont have a ball retriever but I do carry waders just incase.:D

dekker
Mar 11, 2009, 02:04 PM
nothing wrong with packing a ball retriever if your riding. While your at it pack some Water-Wings, just in case .They'll help float you till real help comes since your group is rolling in the grass at that point. Keep egg cartons in the cart so you can pack and sort between holes. Bring a bath towel to dry your balls.

Cybergolfer
Mar 11, 2009, 02:56 PM
Just remember to grip it

Big Shooter
Mar 11, 2009, 08:43 PM
I used to have "the longest one on the market", but it broke.
...I used to joke with friends, that if I got THEIR ball out of the water, I should keep it, since they had no chance of retrieving it!!?? ;)