PDA

View Full Version : High School Golf

carsonl92
Mar 10, 2009, 08:47 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if there were any other high school golfers here

Im moving up to senior this year (grade 11) at St. Mikes and the tryouts are right around the corner (two weeks after march break)

Leftygolfer30
Mar 10, 2009, 08:55 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if there were any other high school golfers here

Im moving up to senior this year (grade 11) at St. Mikes and the tryouts are right around the corner (two weeks after march break)

I think there's a few your age.

I haven't been in high school for 24 years but I might know one of your teachers :D

carsonl92
Mar 10, 2009, 08:57 PM
I think there's a few your age.

I haven't been in high school for 24 years but I might know one of your teachers :D

haha and who would that be?

Leftygolfer30
Mar 10, 2009, 08:59 PM
I sent you a PM.

chrisw
Mar 10, 2009, 09:42 PM
hey man im playing high school golf right now... your school been to ofsaa yet? and you on your A team or B? and handicap?

carsonl92
Mar 10, 2009, 09:51 PM
last year we came in second in cisaa (private schools) to royal st. george's in senior

our jr. team that i played on won cisaa

Im a sr. now, my handicap was 8.4 last year and im hopin to lower it to below 5 by the end of this season

what school do you play for?

chrisw
Mar 10, 2009, 09:53 PM
last year we came in second in cisaa (private schools) to royal st. george's in senior

Im a sr. now, my handicap was 8.4 last year and im hopin to lower it to below 5 by the end of this season

Timmins High And Vocational School
in timmins up north
so u guys didnt go to ofsaa? or private schools just dont go.?

carsonl92
Mar 10, 2009, 09:56 PM
Timmins High And Vocational School
in timmins up north
so u guys didnt go to ofsaa? or private schools just dont go.?

no from cisaa only one team qualifies and we came in second we hav 5 of 8 srs returning so we should have a good team this year

were you at ofsaa last year

ontario
Mar 11, 2009, 06:49 AM

The RSGC team is even better this year and will be until 2011 when their two best golfers graduate. You St. Mike's boys better get used to second place <G>.

carsonl92
Mar 11, 2009, 02:58 PM
The RSGC team is even better this year and will be until 2011 when their two best golfers graduate. You St. Mike's boys better get used to second place <G>.

haha we'll see in about a month

chrisw
Mar 11, 2009, 02:59 PM
haha we'll see in about a month

are u on your A team(senior) or B team?(senior) and whats the handicaps of the other 3 guys on the same team as you?

carsonl92
Mar 11, 2009, 03:03 PM
are u on your A team(senior) or B team?(senior) and whats the handicaps of the other 3 guys on the same team as you?

ours is different we only have 1 team at sr and 1 at jr

you rank your players from 1-8

1-4s scores count, but if one gets dq'ed then it goes to your 5th player

and for handicaps our are +2, 1, 3, 4, 7, 8(me), 8,9

chrisw
Mar 11, 2009, 03:09 PM
ours is different we only have 1 team at sr and 1 at jr

you rank your players from 1-8

1-4s scores count, but if one gets dq'ed then it goes to your 5th player

and for handicaps our are +2, 1, 3, 4, 7, 8(me), 8,9

thats so much different then public schools...

ours we have 4 guys on the A team and 4 guys on the B team and so on until about the D team

and in tournaments we use the top 3 scores out of 4 in each group and combine them for a total of 3 scores combined and lowest overall group wins. each school does this. the winners get to go to ofsaa as a team and the same rules that i listed apply there.

and also the 2 lowest male scores under 13 get to go to ofsaa and the lowest 2 scores for above 13 also get to go to ofsaa and the same goes for the ladies. ===> this is to go to ofsaa as individuals u can go to ofsaa as an individual and as a team also.

carsonl92
Mar 11, 2009, 03:13 PM
thats kinda the same except top 4 lowest scores

then the top team overall qualifies, tottal scores from 5 or 6 tournies

and then 2 wildacrds, who arnt on the championship team, but have lowest individual scores

chrisw
Mar 11, 2009, 03:17 PM
yeah we have 2 grade 10's on our A team were both about an 8 handicap or less. and there are two seniors that are about an 8-10 handicap as well.. so were all very close so thats pretty good for tournaments.

carsonl92
Mar 11, 2009, 03:26 PM
i think we have 3 grade 12s and 5 11s on the team this year, ill probally be 5 or 6, just because they usually reserve 3 of 4 starter spots for srs

chrisw
Mar 11, 2009, 03:31 PM
yeah ... u guys in private school though have lots of cash flow and can pros to help u and that all the time which is super sweet... i mean i get lessons from good players up north here but not pga pros i dont mind though i play like 300 rounds a summer so im sure my handicap is going to drop at least 4 stokes.

carsonl92
Mar 11, 2009, 03:35 PM
i just started lessons with a coach last year, but before that
ive been all on my own and managed to drop my handicap by 4.5 just by playing alone.

I always work an opening shift at my course (6-2) then go to the range for hour then go play
during the summer i played maybe 150 rounds

ontario
Mar 11, 2009, 04:13 PM
carson:

Are you working at The Country Club or are you a member there? I played there until I just resigned. We've probably met.

carsonl92
Mar 11, 2009, 05:00 PM
i work there