PDA

View Full Version : Time to change spikes... what's your preference?

mirak
Mar 11, 2009, 01:57 PM
I got a new pair of footjoys last year, they came with pulsar softspikes, however I chew them up. (they actually broke some of the legs on the first few rounds I played). So now it's the time to get new ones for the season... I'm thinking of replacing them with Champ Stinger Spikes. Does anybody uses these? Do you like them? If not... what do you recomend?

Leftygolfer30
Mar 11, 2009, 02:02 PM
I've used the Stingers and although they're good, I find they don't last very long - especially if you're walking on paved cart paths a fair bit.

My preference is the Black Widows.

Bluefan75
Mar 11, 2009, 02:32 PM
My preference is metal spikes. But no courses that I have played allow them anymore.

bat1983
Mar 11, 2009, 02:54 PM
I've used the Stingers and although they're good, I find they don't last very long - especially if you're walking on paved cart paths a fair bit.

My preference is the Black Widows.

+1 for the Widows. They're really good but all soft spikes are meant for grass so any walking on paved surface will do some degree of damage.

Bwadd
Mar 11, 2009, 03:02 PM
+2 for the widows.... just switched all mine out.... got 3 sets of flea bay for 12 bucks shipped!:D

Leftygolfer30
Mar 11, 2009, 03:05 PM
[/b]
+1 for the Widows. They're really good but all soft spikes are meant for grass so any walking on paved surface will do some degree of damage.

True. I just find that the scorpions wear out significantly faster than the black widows.

goshawk
Mar 11, 2009, 03:50 PM
I've never tried the Widows yet. I've been using Stingers for 3 seasons so far and have only had to replace 3 or 4 of them during the course of each season, then the entire set over the winter. I guess I'm not walking on enough parking lots! :D

Big Shooter
Mar 11, 2009, 08:27 PM
my faves for the last 2 years are the Callaway (Red & Grey coloured spikes), they fit on FootJoys too!! ;)

they look like these: http://s3.golfballs.com/0/185_225.jpeg

Onin3
Mar 11, 2009, 08:39 PM
I actually find the Pulsar superior in longevity;)

mirak
Mar 12, 2009, 11:52 AM
I found these on eBay I wish I could use them without creating a "problem". They are "acceptable" in Europe....

http://i16.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/28/ee/c811_1.JPG

tk1360
Mar 12, 2009, 02:24 PM
I like the pulsars. Psychologically mostly I suppose. I can feel them spread to grip the tuft. Also at the same time I don't swing out of my shoes and am able to stay anchored which is really all I am looking for.

At the same time I have only replaced my soft spikes with soft spikes. :D