PDA

View Full Version : Who's Planning A Trip To A High End Track This Season ??

WILL
Mar 12, 2009, 04:25 PM
I normally have a few rounds planned at high end golf courses for each season but I suspect this year might be an exception. So far, the most expensive round planned is probably at National Pines who's guest fees max out at $100.

Are you planning on playing a high end course in '09 ??

P25
Mar 12, 2009, 04:30 PM
I would love to make a trip up to Muskoka Bay. Leftygolfer mentioned possibly making a roadie. :D

Robocop
Mar 12, 2009, 04:41 PM
I'm trying to keep golf as cheap as possible this summer (aftern spending a little too much this winter on clubs and what not)

However being from Uxbridge and never having played Wooden Sticks, I'd really like to give that a go. I know enough people that work there that I could get the discounted fee if I went out with them. But thats about it for high end if you ask me for this season. Most probably dont consider that a high end course.

landlord
Mar 12, 2009, 04:57 PM
I usually get to play Westmount once a year, but guest fees are less than $100 IIRC.

Other than that, I'm getting so I think $100 is too much regardless. It's just a game.

nearace
Mar 12, 2009, 04:58 PM
I hope to get in a couple of rounds at higher end courses just need to get an invite or a group outing.

goshawk
Mar 12, 2009, 05:20 PM
Not me. I'm going to get enough golf trying out some of the CL courses I've never had access to before.

Bellyhungry
Mar 12, 2009, 05:30 PM
Out of my own pocket: No farking way
Out of business partners: No to super high-end, but solid tracks like Osprey, and MORE.

tywl
Mar 12, 2009, 06:07 PM
Bigwin Island...booked already for October 6...2 for 1 FM93 Golf Tour :)
Eagles Nest a possibility if I join the GTA Golf Club :confused:

Robocop
Mar 12, 2009, 06:14 PM
Bigwin Island...booked already for October 6...2 for 1 FM93 Golf Tour :)
Eagles Nest a possibility if I join the GTA Golf Club :confused:

JOIN IT!!!!!!

Thats the one course I'd love to play, the GTAGC discount this year is better this year I believe as well :):hyper:

focal
Mar 12, 2009, 06:15 PM
cannot afford to after paying my 2009 dues....but maybe I'll invite you guys out to spend lots of money instead :D

I'll be a one man stimulus so that my 2010 dues don't go up....

sellis
Mar 12, 2009, 07:07 PM
I have a trip to Hawaii lined up this year so I'll be hitting Kapulua Plantation / Wailea Gold Course / Ko'Olau GC. Around the GTA I bought one of those Highland passes so I'll be hitting up BH, WS, CC, LH, and AG. I also got another Wooden Sticks pass for free at the Toronto Golf Show.

I'm scheduled for some business trips to California and the UK so I'm hoping to hit Pebble in April and maybe do a weekend tour up in Scotland near the end of the summer.

I also play Cobble Beach a lot when I'm in the area. If you know anyone with a CB voucher they want to get rid of let me know! :hyper:

MannyR
Mar 12, 2009, 07:28 PM
PGA West Stadium Course - April 16
PGA West Norman Course - April 20

Likes The Links
Mar 12, 2009, 07:33 PM
I plan to play possibly three very good courses this year. Haven't decided which ones yet but am looking into what courses I can get onto. Either way as long as I can get on at least three amazing courses, I'll be happy. If not the I'm off to the USA next winter:) :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Samick
Mar 12, 2009, 08:09 PM
Out of my own pocket: No farking way
Out of business partners: No to super high-end, but solid tracks like Osprey, and MORE.

I'm with you. Suppliers of mine usually take me out to places like Copper Creek, Angus Glen, Osprey Valley, Rebel Creek.....Glen Abbey is on the list this year because I have never played it, so is Wooden Sticks..you get the idea.

HOWEVER, I'd like a round at Deerhurst.

Pingnut
Mar 12, 2009, 08:18 PM
If Osprey is considered high end - I'll be playing at least half of my rounds at a high end course :D.. Also want to try and get out to Chambers Bay and or Bandon Dunes this year. We shall see. If anyone needs a playing partner at a high end track this year - I'm in :p

Samick
Mar 12, 2009, 08:43 PM
If Osprey is considered high end - I'll be playing at least half of my rounds at a high end course :D.. Also want to try and get out to Chambers Bay and or Bandon Dunes this year. We shall see. If anyone needs a playing partner at a high end track this year - I'm in :p

To me...anything with these rates is higher than an average course and considered highend enough that I dont want to be paying out on a whim to play every week.

Rates
Weekdays: Mon.-Thurs.
Weekends: Fri. - Sun. & holidays
Twilight: Mon. - Sun. & holidays
Weekdays - $84Weekends - $99Twilight - $69

hannah
Mar 12, 2009, 09:27 PM
I normally have a few rounds planned at high end golf courses for each season but I suspect this year might be an exception. So far, the most expensive round planned is probably at National Pines who's guest fees max out at $100.

Are you planning on playing a high end course in '09 ??

There are a few of us that have been talking road trip, Big Shooter, Beeker, myself and a few others that have mention this.

We went 2 yrs back and had a great day, I think maybe we should rent a big Van and pack us in and take a roadie for a day and play.

I'm sure we can arrange something in transportation and a dozen guys, even if we make a tail gate party up the 400 somewhere, could be a blast.:D

WILL
Mar 12, 2009, 09:32 PM
Did you discuss a course, Tom ??

hannah
Mar 12, 2009, 09:42 PM

There was a few that came to mind, The Ridge, back to MB, still love Deerhurst, still want to play the Rock, L. Bay, Batteaux, ( Taboo, Excuse the spelling )

I think the idea of another road trip was exciting and there are enough great tracks that we could pick from.:)

Robocop
Mar 12, 2009, 09:48 PM
There was a few that came to mind, The Ridge, back to MB, still love Deerhurst, still want to play the Rock, L. Bay, Batteaux, ( Taboo, Excuse the spelling )

I think the idea of another road trip was exciting and there are enough great tracks that we could pick from.:)

Doesnt the Rock have a deal along the lines of play unlimited for the day? or was that at the end of last year???

That would make for a great road trip. 18 in the morning. Beers/lunch. 18 holes in the afternoon

Maybe you could get us a few Land Rovers for the trip :hyper:

Leftygolfer30
Mar 12, 2009, 09:51 PM
Doesnt the Rock have a deal along the lines of play unlimited for the day? or was that at the end of last year???

That would make for a great road trip. 18 in the morning. Beers/lunch. 18 holes in the afternoon

Maybe you could get us a few Land Rovers for the trip :hyper:

I would prefer removing my spleen with a butter knife over playing 36 holes at The Rock.

Robocop
Mar 12, 2009, 09:53 PM
I would prefer to removing my spleen with a butter knife over playing 36 holes at The Rock.

that can be arranged :rofl:

Section ThirtyOne
Mar 12, 2009, 10:07 PM
My SVP is a member at Olympic Club in San Fran and the Royal Montreal.

If I am anywhere to close to either city, i'll be playing them. As for the guest fees, I don't know and I don't care. :D

sharkhark
Mar 12, 2009, 10:13 PM
I have plans but only due to a voucher i got with priviledged play that gets me a free green fee with a paid partner. Obviously i am going with someone and splitting it 50/50.
It includes alot of avg courses they have but a few like Taboo stand out. At half price i should pay no more than $75 or less to play including a cart and a free golf lesson at the course.
Otherwise....i dont pay those high rates. Eagles nest at $70 last yr was as high as i go:$

Big Shooter
Mar 12, 2009, 10:25 PM

This one is top of the list: http://www.ridgeatmanitou.com/

...I would also like to get back to the Carrick Courses: Muskoka Bay & Cobble Beach, both FANTASTIC layouts.

High-end for me, will be Chicagoland visit, I want to head up to Wisconsin...maybe Whistling Straits or Black Wolf Run: http://www.destinationkohler.com/golf/golf_index.html :)

igoping
Mar 12, 2009, 11:23 PM
Also want to try and get out to Chambers Bay and or Bandon Dunes this year. We shall see. If anyone needs a playing partner at a high end track this year - I'm in :p
Pingnut - I've got Bandon Dunes/Pacific Dunes on my hit list as well but because it is not within driving distance, I don't know when that will happen.

I joined both PPlay and GTA so Taboo for the 2 for 1, and EaglesNest/Whistle Bear come to mind.

I do have plans to play Rocky Crest and Seguin Valley on the third week of August lined up.

Robocop
Mar 13, 2009, 02:45 AM
I'm always lookin for other GTAGC members to play with! What courses do u plan on playing with it??PM me!

Pingnut - I've got Bandon Dunes/Pacific Dunes on my hit list as well but because it is not within driving distance, I don't know when that will happen.

I joined both PPlay and GTA so Taboo for the 2 for 1, and EaglesNest/Whistle Bear come to mind.

I do have plans to play Rocky Crest and Seguin Valley on the third week of August lined up.

RCCHGA
Mar 13, 2009, 07:56 AM
However being from Uxbridge and never having played Wooden Sticks, I'd really like to give that a go. Most probably dont consider that a high end course.

Even though its not high end, its a track everyone should play at least once just for its qwirkieness!

Qball
Mar 13, 2009, 09:23 AM
Not big adventures for me this summer.

Having joined CL at the end of last season, I am hoping to enjoy as many of their courses as possible.

Really hoping to get out to Wyndance this summer and back to Rocky Crest.

Q

hannah
Mar 13, 2009, 10:50 AM
This one is top of the list: http://www.ridgeatmanitou.com/

...I would also like to get back to the Carrick Courses: Muskoka Bay & Cobble Beach, both FANTASTIC layouts.

High-end for me, will be Chicagoland visit, I want to head up to Wisconsin...maybe Whistling Straits or Black Wolf Run: http://www.destinationkohler.com/golf/golf_index.html :)

The Ridge is what I had in mind, but MB and CB I would like to get back to, we'll discuss time in the near future.:D

I know Jeremy would be game and what ever happen to Mr. Sleepy head:D ( Jayda ) where are you, when are you going to surface.

sloniu260
Mar 13, 2009, 12:38 PM
Not much of a trip, but Deerhurst and Muskoka are in the works for a nice sunny weekend.

KiwiGolfer
Mar 14, 2009, 10:29 PM
I played Taboo last summer while on a short weekend getaway, I dont know if ill be able to afford to go up this year though id like to, but with the cost being 180-220, not including the gas, it might be a lil out of the question this year.

Especially when the 9 hole par 3 course near me has 7 day memberships for $225.

Im wondering if allot of the High end places that are a lil further away like Taboo will throw out some cheap deals this summer with the economy the way it is, there going to have to do something to get ppl golfing up there.

Gas prices hurt allot of courses last summer, and this summer itll be the economy.

mrvelani
Jul 29, 2009, 08:53 AM
Playing Copper Creek on Aug 9th with my foursome. Looking forward to it, I finish my exams on the 8th (Sat), will look to get there early and enjoy what clearly will be the best track I play on all year.

Will also look to get in Deercreek, Grey Silo and Royal Woodbine in the month of August. Trying to squeeze in as much golf as possible one month, before I go back to studying for my Entrance Exams.

Is it any good this year? Have things gotten better or worse with the guarantee? What's the condition of the course?

Thanks guys.

igoping
Jul 29, 2009, 10:11 AM
Eagle's Nest is on my list but I don't know when I'll ever get around to it.

I'm not complaining because so far, I played Lionhead (both), Royal Ontario, Deerhurst, Grandview this season.

My brother-inlaw wants to get out to Grand Niagara.

In August, I will play Rocky Crest and The Ridge.

In September I may get on The Raven (but I definitely will play Batteaux Creek).

Who knows, if business keeps growing, I may try Pebble again in October!

JR59
Jul 29, 2009, 10:12 AM
I played @ Lora Bay and Wooden Sticks earlier in the year. On my Muskoka Trip at the end of the summer I'll be playing Deerhurst.

I played Deerhurst last year and I can't wait to get back.

onishenko
Jul 29, 2009, 11:38 AM
RedTail landing whenever I can get out... but I usually play the twilight rate (Edmonton). Kaninaskis in August. Troon North and Sun Ridge Canyon On Sept. long (Scottsdale). And when I get back to Waterloo in September, I'd like to try Rebel Creek, Mystic and Grey Silo (all decently priced... so not that pricey).

December in Hawaii... we'll see. We usually play the Makaha Valley Shereton course as that is where our condo is close to, but perhaps we'll get a couple rounds in somewhere else too.

carsonl92
Jul 29, 2009, 12:07 PM
i played tpc tampa bay at march break

for my dad it was like 180ish and 48 for me (gotta love being a junior):D:D

Maverickping
Jul 30, 2009, 08:26 AM
I played Glen Abbey on July.4 and the course was getting close to the Tour standards and was far to difficult for me.
Planning to go back early September and see how I do. Probably the same...:D but this time I will know what to expect :)

Rick

nihmon
Jul 30, 2009, 01:34 PM
Would like to give Rebel Creek a go this year. That's high-end for me.

Bluefan75
Jul 30, 2009, 02:21 PM
PLayed We Ko Pa and Eagle Mountain in Phoenix in January....

PLayed Shepherd's Hollow as well near Detroit....one of the great things is how inexpensive golf at great courses is in Michigan compared to the GTA in particular.

We've found such great values over there that my buddy actually finds Eagle Eye's $89 rate too much and won't pay that, not when courses like SH and The Orchards can be had for under $50.