PDA

View Full Version : Which discount golf company did you join?

Focker Singh
Mar 13, 2009, 01:15 PM
Many of you have joined a discount golf company to lower your green fee`s. Which one did you join this year?

northernpro
Mar 15, 2009, 10:36 AM
I'm a Canadian PGA member..the ultimate discount coupon..;)

sharkhark
Mar 15, 2009, 10:47 AM
I mainly use LMG supplemented by privledged play, rcga card and finally southern ontario coupons.
ps and other discounts received by begging fellow golfers...

gimmeabogey
Mar 15, 2009, 02:01 PM
I am a member at a private club.

In addition I scored about 10 free or discounted rounds at the Golf and Travel Show.

I use LMG and Golfnow.com

I use discount books as well

I sign up for email specials on courses web sites. I love getting golf spammed.

Come to think about it I must be really cheap. :confusen:

WILL
Mar 15, 2009, 02:02 PM
Im not putting money in the pocket of another middle man. It goes against my basic principles.

The industry of golf is in bad enough shape without someone else sticking their hand out and skimming from the pot.

Desi2007
Mar 15, 2009, 02:15 PM
I put down did not join....as I am still awaiting. I am a member of LMG but I still buy some sort of deal. I am waiting for angus glen to come out with a package and probably will do that....but still waiting. Was very tempted with GTA offer....but could not really make up my mind.

Big Shooter
Mar 15, 2009, 02:23 PM
I've been with LMG for 5 years now, but will probably add PrivPlay (thru my AirMiles) once the season starts

compugeek
Mar 17, 2009, 08:06 PM
I put down did not join....as I am still awaiting. I am a member of LMG but I still buy some sort of deal. I am waiting for angus glen to come out with a package and probably will do that....but still waiting. Was very tempted with GTA offer....but could not really make up my mind.

LMG alone is not enough I find.

dks_34
Mar 18, 2009, 06:47 AM
I use PrivPlay and a member of LMG. Plus I try to find deals out there. At the golf show I bought a round at Tarandowah for $30 including tax that can be used anytime during the season, Deerhurst was giving away 2 for 1 also good throughout the whole season and thanks to my Mike Weir visa card I have a 2 for 1 at Taboo.....

Big Shooter
Mar 18, 2009, 07:48 AM
I use PrivPlay and a member of LMG. Plus I try to find deals out there. At the golf show I bought a round at Tarandowah for $30 including tax that can be used anytime during the season, Deerhurst was giving away 2 for 1 also good throughout the whole season and thanks to my Mike Weir visa card I have a 2 for 1 at Taboo.....

^^ are we Twins!? :D

setter02
Mar 19, 2009, 12:38 PM
Been a member of LMG for a few years now so will be using them as well as working at a club this year.

sloniu260
Mar 19, 2009, 01:57 PM
LMG plus a lot of courses have pretty good "early bird" rates as well.

Lennox
Mar 25, 2009, 12:10 PM
I've been looking at the LMG website, but I don't see a "benefits" page. Can someone explain the benefits of using LMG and how they personally go about racking up points and redeeming points? What best suits you?

The PrivPlay sounds great ... 20% off, plus other benefits. A lot of the courses are on the more expensive side.

The RCGA/GAO membership sounds great too... just not many courses in the GTA (mostly elsewhere in ON). Plus you get the handicap tracker (I've joined so many handicap websites only to have them disappear on me :(... I need something stable).

Cheers!

goshawk
Mar 25, 2009, 01:01 PM
Here's the "why join" page from their website.

http://www.lastminutegolfer.com/main/WhyJoin.asp

Basically, the green fees for each of their member courses is listed as "advance" and "last minute". They also have "red flag" days where the green fees are drastically reduced. LMG has just recently added a couple of private courses as well (Bridgewater and Mandarin).
You decide on the course you want to play and go to the "tee time" page to get the times available, along with the green fees for that day. Once you reserve your tee time and pay online, you earn points (yards) toward free golf. I haven't earned enough yet to find out how to redeem the points.