PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Golf

northernpro
Mar 15, 2009, 10:08 AM
How much do you think,corporations will cut back on smoozing their
customers..I think approx 40%..just look at your own company..:cookoo:

RCCHGA
Mar 15, 2009, 10:19 AM
I think way more than 40%! Already I know of 8 charity tournaments east of Toronto that have been cancelled due to lack of the usual corporate sponsorship.

goshawk
Mar 15, 2009, 10:23 AM
I think way more than 40%! Already I know of 8 charity tournaments east of Toronto that have been cancelled due to lack of the usual corporate sponsorship.I'm glad our Breast Cancer tournament hasn't been affected (yet!). :D

cdnputter
Mar 15, 2009, 10:35 AM
I'm glad our Breast Cancer tournament hasn't been affected (yet!). :D

I think the issue that your charity is addressing is very near and dear to all of us. I mean women want to save themeselves, perfectly reasonable, and men love bewbies.... it's a match made in heaven. :D

BTW Lionel I'm considering playing if there's a TGN group looking for a 4th. :cool:

goshawk
Mar 15, 2009, 10:50 AM
I think the issue that your charity is addressing is very near and dear to all of us. I mean women want to save themeselves, perfectly reasonable, and men love bewbies.... it's a match made in heaven. :D

BTW Lionel I'm considering playing if there's a TGN group looking for a 4th. :cool:Haven't seen much interest as of yet (only one person has asked about entry fees), but then it's only March and the tournament isn't until June 22. I'll post further info on that thread when it becomes available.

slider
Mar 15, 2009, 01:43 PM
Haven't seen much interest as of yet (only one person has asked about entry fees), but then it's only March and the tournament isn't until June 22. I'll post further info on that thread when it becomes available.

Equal rights!!! Why do we have to pay for prostate examination?

The stats say that more men die from prostate cancer than women who are diagnosed with breast cancer.

I think its great we have the pink ribbon charity but what about the men?

adultdaycareworker
Mar 16, 2009, 12:35 PM
Equal rights!!! Why do we have to pay for prostate examination?

The stats say that more men die from prostate cancer than women who are diagnosed with breast cancer.

I think its great we have the pink ribbon charity but what about the men?

Our club had an inaugural "blue ribbon" tournament for prostate cancer that was well attended by the men. Quite a few women got into the act as volunteers for registration, hole sponsorship, scoring and the like. All in all a great cooperative effort..........as it should behttp://www.torontogolfnuts.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

RCCHGA
Mar 17, 2009, 04:58 PM
Our club had an inaugural "blue ribbon" tournament for prostate cancer that was well attended by the men. Quite a few women got into the act as volunteers for registration, hole sponsorship, scoring and the like. All in all a great cooperative effort..........as it should behttp://www.torontogolfnuts.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

I assume you mean The Survivors Golf Tournament at Summit promoted by 10 members of Summit who are all 'survivors' of prostate cancer. The 4th annual is scheduled for June 15th, if it's going ahead and I haven't heard otherwise. Each year they raise about $100,000 for the charity.

nearace
Mar 17, 2009, 05:13 PM

BTW Lionel I'm considering playing if there's a TGN group looking for a 4th. :cool:I would have gotten in on this if I was in town,the last time I played there was also for a charity event and the course and food was amazing.

adultdaycareworker
Mar 17, 2009, 05:34 PM
I assume you mean The Survivors Golf Tournament at Summit promoted by 10 members of Summit who are all 'survivors' of prostate cancer. The 4th annual is scheduled for June 15th, if it's going ahead and I haven't heard otherwise. Each year they raise about $100,000 for the charity.

No $100,000 a day for us.......much smaller.

TourIQ
Mar 17, 2009, 07:40 PM
hole sponsorshipCare to explain :rofl:

goshawk
Mar 17, 2009, 07:50 PM
Care to explain :rofl:Play nice in the sand box Harry!! :p

mcgsxr
Mar 18, 2009, 07:23 AM
I am seeing my firm pull almost 100% of golf tournament sponsorship this year, but I have already scheduled a couple of games with clients, so I suspect I will play about as much as last year, but the money will be more focused on 1-1 time, rather than sponsorship at events.