Collapse

Most memorable shot...

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most memorable shot...

describe your most memorable shot(s)/hole here!

mine is my first time on a course and on the second hole, it was like 80 yards or so long and i just bump-n-runned it all the way to the green on 1 shot then 2 putt for a par. heh...

Good topic Mok! It's on par 4 17th hole at Cobalt Course at Granite Ridge for me......

1st shot I slice the ball onto the fairway of another hole! I used a 7-iron to put ball back into play, but over shot the fairway and put the ball on the rough on the left side of the 17th fairway. Still 100 yrds away and hole was uphill, used a PW and ball took a couple bounces before it went into the hole for birdie! I did not see it, but my friends who were already near the green did see it go in!
    Feherty: " 270 to carry the water, you might want to lay up SnowFlake "

Comment

hahaha...I am one of those witnesses to that shot by Ego Woods...btw wasn't it to save par? Nonetheless, it was a great shot...

I don't think I really have a most memorable shot...no hole in ones or holing out from 100 yards...I'm just happy when I make a good par save from really awkward positions or lies after hitting a terrible shot...or just getting really really close to the pin on an approach...knowing I hit the shot I meant to hit is rewarding enough...
      "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
      Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Focker Singh
        hahaha...I am one of those witnesses to that shot by Ego Woods...btw wasn't it to save par? Nonetheless, it was a great shot...
        Hey focker can you count? It's birdie! driver-7iron-pw ! No penalties!

Comment

Originally posted by Focker Singh
          I don't think I really have a most memorable shot...no hole in ones or holing out from 100 yards...I'm just happy when I make a good par save from really awkward positions or lies after hitting a terrible shot...or just getting really really close to the pin on an approach...knowing I hit the shot I meant to hit is rewarding enough...
          Every golfer should have that memorable shot that they don't forget! Come on, share!

Comment

Originally posted by Ego Woods
            Every golfer should have that memorable shot that they don't forget! Come on, share!
            haha...all my shots are so memorable i can pick out just one! haha...kidding...i guess getting an eagle is quite exciting.. Bloomington Downs, 10th hole...green on 2, 1 putt...another one is a chip in from about 40 yrds in the rough over a bunker at the former Aurora Golf Club with a tight pin placement...
            "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
            Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

this is only my second year playing, but my most memorable shot was actually from my first year playing. deer creek south, hole #8. my first birdie! it was a par 3 and i used an 8 iron at the time and had a 12 ft putt. in the last 6 inches, the ball moved 6 inches to the right into the heart of the cup. priceless!!!

now i get them all the time (j/k) but for me that is the most memorable. still chasing after that hole in one.
              Jaydog

Comment

Re: Most memorable shot...

Just thought I would bring back a very old thread

My most memorable shot this year was a 5 iron from 200 yards to the green at St Andrew Valley a month or two ago.

The lie was too perfect for me to not attempt it with an iron....I hit it high and straight and the ball took a couple of bounces and landed 20 feet away.

I think I three-putted after but I did not care...

Comment

I drained what seemed like an 80 footer on 7 at Mayfield for eagle - that started and eagle, par, birdie, eagle stretch.
                  This might have been 2 decades ago though.

Crap I'm getting old, and it's sad that I haven't had anything more memorable since
                  TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                  TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                  TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                  Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                  Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                  100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

For me this year was a shot I hit on a par 5 at Braeben. I was 190 out to a tight pin and managed to stick it PGA-style to 3 feet.

Yes I made the put.
                    Cobra S2 10.5 - Stock Fuji
                    Cobra Baffler TWS 20 - Aldila NVS
                    Cobra Baffler TWS 23 - Aldila NVS
                    5-PW Mizuno MX23 - DGS300
                    Mizuno MP-R 52.07 - DGS300
                    X-Forged MD 56 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
                    X-Forged MD 60 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
                    Odyssey Black Tour Design #9
                    Titleist ProV1x

Comment

Sh*t Belly, thats one heck of a shovel you used to dig this one outta the archives.

So let me set the stage.

I'm finally golfing one day (I know I know, same ol story. But it's true) with a really good friend and we're out at Innerkip Highlands which I've only played the one time.

I've bogied the second hole with a 3 putt , missed a 5 footer for bird and a 200 yd par 3 and I'm still 4 under.

We go to #10 which is a par 5 and I hit a 318 yd drive about 1 yd off the left side of the fairway. I've got 190 something uphill to the green and select a 5 iron.

I absolutely stripe this 5 iron only it's headed just a tad left of the left hand fringe. The wind gusts and now the ball manages to squeeze over another 2 yards left. It takes it's first and second bounce on the paved cart path and doesn't stop until it's 40 yards past the green under a HUGE A$$ tree.

Now I've got head high branches to go under and a 15 foot high hill to go over and back down to the green. I punch a 4 iron into the hill intending to trickle it down the opposite side onto the green. The shot comes off quite well but I'm almost off the front of the green now with a back pin.

I 3 putt and scramble the back 9 away with tiny miscues off almost great shots that cost me bogies and end up carding a crowd pleasing 73.

Now if you had of just said I shot 73 the story would be of a mostly pleasing round for me. But when you had it 4 under .....
                      Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

The most memorable shot of the year, hmm tough question didn't have many. But one sticks out, is on the 18th at highland gate hit my 2nd shot a little long and it was on the back fringe and the flag was at the front. Well Scott comes down from the club house and says Dave birdied this hole for skins, so knowing that I grabbed my putter knowing I wasn't going to chip in or I wasn't going to leave the putt short, so i just give it a big whack and as soon as I hit it I was like uh oh thats gone but luckily I left the pin in and the ball hits the pin and drops. Funniest shot because it was such a bad putt but hey it went in and I chopped Dave for skins
                        Driver- Callaway FT-9 / Accra Dymatch S3 75 M4
                        Fairway- Miura 3 wood / Accra XE80 M5
                        Hybrids- Adams Idea Pro 3 with Accra XH85
                        Irons- Adams Pro gold PVD 4-pw w/KB tour X-flex
                        Wedges- Srixon WG706 50*,TM Z-Smoke 54, 58* w/ KBS tour blacks
                        Putter- T.P. Mills Custom Huey

"Resolve never to quit, never to give up,no matter what the situation."

Comment

215 yard par 3 playing into a 20+k breeze hit a hard hooking punch 2 iron to a foot. That was purest 2 iron I've ever hit. That was 4 years ago.
                          Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                          Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                          Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                          Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                          Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                          Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                          Ping Hoofer

Comment

blind par 3, 109 yds, pitching wedge for a hole in one.

Comment

Originally posted by nearace
                              blind par 3, 109 yds, pitching wedge for a hole in one.

What kinda crappy a$$ par 3 is a mere 109 yds and still a blind shot ??
                              Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X