PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite and least favorite golf commentators?

Bellyhungry
Nov 25, 2005, 11:05 AM
I like:

- Peter Alias
- Nick Faldo/Azinger combo
- Ken Venturi
- Johnny Miller

Dislike:

Not a lot of dislikes, but sometimes Johnny Miller seems to stretch a little, but most of the time, he is right on the money. Generally, I find the announcers on the TGC for the European tours not as lively as I would expect given that they are from the British isles.

I also find TGC's women's golf commentators more like cheer leaders to the golfers. In their minds, pretty much every women golfers 'work very hard on their game', yet their short games are atrocious in general relative to the men's.

westbeach
Nov 25, 2005, 11:29 AM
I like Peter Aliss the most probably. Nick Faldo is pretty good as well.

Curtis Strange and Johnny Miller just has too much ego to commentate in my opinion.

Carlton
Nov 25, 2005, 11:31 AM
What? No Rod Black love here? LOL

sharkhark
Nov 25, 2005, 11:41 AM
I like feherty, good sense of humor. Faldo is starting to grow on me.

Dislike all golf channel announcers (except rich lerner) and pretty much any other announcer as they "won't shut up!". They fear dead space.
Sometimes there is a critical shot or putt, and instead of describing it a bit, then going quiet while they prepare to swing, then do.

They instead talk constantly filling every second. Kills suspense.

DubRepublic
Nov 25, 2005, 02:32 PM
Renton Laidlaw and Ron Black.

Big Shooter
Nov 25, 2005, 02:58 PM
Like...David Feherety

Dislike...Rod Black (as per my Rod Black thread)

awoon
Nov 25, 2005, 03:09 PM
HATE ken venturi, old timer who rambles.

Faldo and McCord are colourful and tell it how it is

ForeontheFloor
Nov 25, 2005, 03:55 PM
Like Faldo and Feherety sometimes McCord (body bags and bikini waxes... that's just good stuff).

Would rather listen to a baby cry then listen to Mr. State the obvious Ken Venturi (if I have to hear about that US open again I am going to cry like a baby. Also don't like Kraig Kann, stop trying to come up with witty sayings

sharkhark
Nov 25, 2005, 04:05 PM
Like Faldo and Feherety sometimes McCord (body bags and bikini waxes... that's just good stuff).

Would rather listen to a baby cry then listen to Mr. State the obvious Ken Venturi (if I have to hear about that US open again I am going to cry like a baby. Also don't like Kraig Kann, stop trying to come up with witty sayings
Your right, forgot about McCord and I too loved his "I no longer cover the masters cuz I referred to bikini wax greens" comment.

P.S. I have to expect Kann to try being witty after his too cute parents gave him that witty name. Signed shark aka Craig (the way it's supposed to be spelt)