PDA

View Full Version : Sick Day of Golf

knowlzey
Jun 22, 2009, 09:33 PM
First and foremost, because this morning was my last exam, I ended up starting my golf day at around 12pm.

After a warmup I headed out at around 1, and was able to play 45 holes from 1-9:30 P.M. (5 nines at Carlisle)

First 18 wasn't great at 84, but the 2nd 18 I played better and was able to achieve my first ever eagle. After my drive went into the bunker, I hit a 230 yard bunker shot to 8 feet and sunk the put, probably the best golf shot I've ever hit. On the next hole, also a par 5, I hit an unbelievable drive and hit a 215 yard 4 iron to 10 feet but I did not make the putt which was so disappointing!

In the end I ended up winning $10 on a bet for the 2nd round ended up shooting an 81 even with the eagle... Speaking of which, if your handicap is at a certain level and you get a bad score, do you still enter it in? I don't really know the rules for this...

Leftygolfer30
Jun 22, 2009, 09:55 PM
First and foremost, because this morning was my last exam, I ended up starting my golf day at around 12pm.

After a warmup I headed out at around 1, and was able to play 45 holes from 1-9:30 P.M. (5 nines at Carlisle)

First 18 wasn't great at 84, but the 2nd 18 I played better and was able to achieve my first ever eagle. After my drive went into the bunker, I hit a 230 yard bunker shot to 8 feet and sunk the put, probably the best golf shot I've ever hit. On the next hole, also a par 5, I hit an unbelievable drive and hit a 215 yard 4 iron to 10 feet but I did not make the putt which was so disappointing!

In the end I ended up winning $10 on a bet for the 2nd round ended up shooting an 81 even with the eagle... Speaking of which, if your handicap is at a certain level and you get a bad score, do you still enter it in? I don't really know the rules for this...

You can't pick and choose the scores you enter for your handicap.

knowlzey
Jun 22, 2009, 09:56 PM
You can't pick and choose the scores you enter for your handicap.
I am aware of that. Is there not some sort of guideline where if you are like a 2 handicap you can't enter in a double bogey as a score? Does the RCGA website automatically do this for you?

Leftygolfer30
Jun 22, 2009, 10:07 PM
I am aware of that. Is there not some sort of guideline where if you are like a 2 handicap you can't enter in a double bogey as a score? Does the RCGA website automatically do this for you?

Now you're talking about Equitable Stroke Control, completely different than "not entering a score", as you originally posted.

If you enter the round score only, you have to take ESC into account for the total score you enter. If you enter the hole by hole score, I believe that the RCGA site takes that into account.

Hope that helps.

knowlzey
Jun 22, 2009, 10:23 PM
Now you're talking about Equitable Stroke Control, completely different than "not entering a score", as you originally posted.

If you enter the round score only, you have to take ESC into account for the total score you enter. If you enter the hole by hole score, I believe that the RCGA site takes that into account.

Hope that helps.
Yeah sorry for my misuse of words. That's what I meant though. Thanks for your help.