PDA

View Full Version : The most important thread this week

corchard
Jun 23, 2009, 07:32 AM
THE LCBO MAY GO ON STRIKE!:hyper:

I can't believe this hasn't been discussed yet. There was a free for all type atmosphere at my local store. The shelves were essentially empty. I had to beat down a old lady for a bottle penfolds bin 50. She was remarkably strong for her age but I had mass on my side.

Who else thinks this may be the most catastrophic thing going on in the city/province right now?

ontario
Jun 23, 2009, 07:37 AM

I can't believe this hasn't been discussed yet. There was a free for all type atmosphere at my local store. The shelves were essentially empty. I had to beat down a old lady for a bottle penfolds bin 50. She was remarkably strong for her age but I had mass on my side.

Who else thinks this may be the most catastrophic thing going on in the city/province right now?

I might have to develop a cannabis habit. Anyone know a good dealer?

coe14
Jun 23, 2009, 07:43 AM

What? Do you have a link to a news story?

Bellyhungry
Jun 23, 2009, 07:44 AM

Just head over to the nearest native reserve; plenty and cheap.

focal
Jun 23, 2009, 07:44 AM
aren't there a few heavy wine drinkers on this board with cases of red wine in the basement?

corchard
Jun 23, 2009, 07:52 AM
aren't there a few heavy wine drinkers on this board with cases of red wine in the basement?

I used to be one but after looking at my cellar I relaized The cupboard is bare.

Problem is that everything is being hoarded.

Mule56
Jun 23, 2009, 07:54 AM

Unofficial word is the pickets lines will be up tomorrow.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/7000-lcbo-employees-prepare-to-hit-picket-line/article1193042/

corchard
Jun 23, 2009, 08:10 AM
Unofficial word is the pickets lines will be up tomorrow.

NONONONONO

Samick
Jun 23, 2009, 08:17 AM
More than welcome to raid my liquor cabinet. I keep getting $50 gift certificates and don't know what to do with them. About the only thing I will touch every now and then is a drink of Crown Royal. Other than that, Gibsons, Captain Morgan, Lambs, Hennesey, Schmirnoff......theres tons of stuff in there that hasnt had the seal broken. :hush:

corchard
Jun 23, 2009, 08:30 AM
We have to get you into fine wine my friend. That stuff is for grand parents and drunks. :)

Jeffc
Jun 23, 2009, 08:32 AM
come to ottawa! we just simply have to drive over the river and voila, problem solved!

guitarman
Jun 23, 2009, 09:07 AM
Just head over to the nearest native reserve; plenty and cheap.

Nice:mad:

QA10
Jun 23, 2009, 09:10 AM
More than welcome to raid my liquor cabinet. I keep getting $50 gift certificates and don't know what to do with them. About the only thing I will touch every now and then is a drink of Crown Royal. Other than that, Gibsons, Captain Morgan, Lambs, Hennesey, Schmirnoff......theres tons of stuff in there that hasnt had the seal broken. :hush:

Please PM me your address and I will see you Saturday afternoon!!! :p

QUICKME
Jun 23, 2009, 09:18 AM
Does that mean that people here will be willing to BST booze now on this forum also? I have a half bottle of Grey Goose in my freezer that I will trade for a box of TM red balls... any takers? :D

Samick
Jun 23, 2009, 09:30 AM
We have to get you into fine wine my friend. That stuff is for grand parents and drunks. :)

Oooohhh boy...dont bring wine near me, it doesn't agree with me one bit. Could be that one night, when I was much younger when I participated in a little house party and I had (of all things) a HUGE magnum of wine that was consumed too fast for fear it would go bad! :$ I can't even stand the smell of it.

Please PM me your address and I will see you Saturday afternoon!!! :p

Might be a bit of a drive for you...but definately worth your while. :rofl:

QA10
Jun 23, 2009, 09:33 AM
Might be a bit of a drive for you...but definately worth your while. :rofl:

Just an excuse for me to get out and try a new course.

Samick
Jun 23, 2009, 09:35 AM
Just an excuse for me to get out and try a new course.

More than welcome to drop by anytime, an open invite for all! :D