PDA

View Full Version : Tad Moore Collectibles

mygolfgarage
Jun 28, 2009, 09:53 PM
Hi All, Would anyone happen to know the potential value of a Tad Moore Tour Issue Handmade Flame Wizard putter? Apparently there were only 10 of these made. Thank you for any input.

mygolfgarage
Jun 29, 2009, 10:02 AM
Am I in the right forum or should this be posted elsewhere? Thanks.

spackler
Jun 29, 2009, 02:34 PM
Try PutterTalk (http://www.puttertalk.com/community).

mygolfgarage
Jun 29, 2009, 05:17 PM
Try PutterTalk (http://www.puttertalk.com/community).There are so many knowledgeable people here that I thought for sure someone would know about this putter. Oh well. Thank anyway.

Maverickping
Jun 29, 2009, 05:39 PM
How's your Softtail ? Mine is still the King! :D

Rick

Try PutterTalk (http://www.puttertalk.com/community).

Maverickping
Jun 29, 2009, 05:43 PM
Why not contact them. They are always eager to talk about their putters. You will certainly get your answer and probably a lot more :)

http://www.tadmoore.com/contact/index.html

Rick

spackler
Jun 29, 2009, 07:16 PM
How's your Softtail ? Mine is still the King! :D

Rick

Mine is more the prince. :$ I just find it a bit too heavy for my liking, which is too bad, because I love the way it looks and feels. It gets most of it's use in the spring and fall when the greens are a bit shaggier. Been switching between a SD5 and a Ping BeNi Scottsdale Anser for the most part this year. Eagerly waiting on the Trad IIs that are coming down the pipe, but Jay tells me they will be on the heavy side as well. :(

sharkhark
Jun 29, 2009, 08:51 PM
i can only speak to the resale values on ebay which typically are really low. i have seen people on putter talk forum mention how rare a tad moore putter is...then on ebay it sells for 50 bucks...
...any talk of a rare betti or scotty or byron and the resale is in the high hundreds..or even thousands...but tad moore....nope
they look nice on the bay...and in pics...but the resale is generally just not there...i see mint units going for as low as 20 bucks and even rare ones rarely break a hundred...hope this helps.

mygolfgarage
Jun 29, 2009, 09:36 PM
i can only speak to the resale values on ebay which typically are really low. i have seen people on putter talk forum mention how rare a tad moore putter is...then on ebay it sells for 50 bucks...
...any talk of a rare betti or scotty or byron and the resale is in the high hundreds..or even thousands...but tad moore....nope
they look nice on the bay...and in pics...but the resale is generally just not there...i see mint units going for as low as 20 bucks and even rare ones rarely break a hundred...hope this helps.Thank you for an actual response. It is much appreciated. Also, thank you for staying on topic.

carsonl92
Jun 29, 2009, 11:07 PM
can you post a pic ive heard about tad moores before but nver actually seen one

Maverickping
Jun 30, 2009, 06:52 AM
That is nice to hear about the Trad 11 coming. I want one, I had a Tradition but I gave it to my brother for Christmas. The Tradition was a monster weight wise, it made my Softtail feel like my Klassic which is light compared to the Softtail.

Rick

Mine is more the prince. :$ I just find it a bit too heavy for my liking, which is too bad, because I love the way it looks and feels. It gets most of it's use in the spring and fall when the greens are a bit shaggier. Been switching between a SD5 and a Ping BeNi Scottsdale Anser for the most part this year. Eagerly waiting on the Trad IIs that are coming down the pipe, but Jay tells me they will be on the heavy side as well. :(

Maverickping
Jun 30, 2009, 06:55 AM
http://www.tadmoore.com/catalog/index.html

Rick

can you post a pic ive heard about tad moores before but nver actually seen one

mygolfgarage
Jun 30, 2009, 09:46 AM
That is nice to hear about the Trad 11 coming. I want one, I had a Tradition but I gave it to my brother for Christmas. The Tradition was a monster weight wise, it made my Softtail feel like my Klassic which is light compared to the Softtail.

RickThis is a thread on a Tad Moore putter. Perhaps you'd like to start your own thread on T.P. Mills putters.

sharkhark
Jun 30, 2009, 09:50 PM
Thank you for an actual response. It is much appreciated. Also, thank you for staying on topic.
no problem at all...and yes we are all guilty at times of drifting off topic..myself included..but hope my info helps.
I actually know them a fair bit as i heard talk in puttertalk forum about them and was suprised that the guy who makes them is well regarded and has some unique looking quality stuff..but with a few exceptions...does not get one quarter the recognition of a scotty.
I still hear (and from pics online) see a really nice variety of models, a few have a copper like insert in face that is cool and can be had for less than 50 bucks,
...your model just sold (doubt to you as you would already know the price) on ebay and it shows to be a rare and actually in demand model that went for $281US...so alot higher than the typical 25-50

mygolfgarage
Jun 30, 2009, 10:24 PM
no problem at all...and yes we are all guilty at times of drifting off topic..myself included..but hope my info helps.
I actually know them a fair bit as i heard talk in puttertalk forum about them and was suprised that the guy who makes them is well regarded and has some unique looking quality stuff..but with a few exceptions...does not get one quarter the recognition of a scotty.
I still hear (and from pics online) see a really nice variety of models, a few have a copper like insert in face that is cool and can be had for less than 50 bucks,
...your model just sold (doubt to you as you would already know the price) on ebay and it shows to be a rare and actually in demand model that went for $281US...so alot higher than the typical 25-50Tad Moore does craft some fine putters. Everyone seems to want the Scottys and Bettinardis, etc. but his putters look every bit as nice. I've even emailed the man and he actually is the one who responds.