PDA

View Full Version : Where else but TGN to post career round....

Anthony
Jul 1, 2009, 07:10 AM
First round in 2 weeks..... Been looking forward to just getting out as had played really well prior. Played right tees (Whites) in the rain late afternoon (little roll).... Hit ball very well, which obviously really is the key... Played both front nines of Lionhead, so someone can tell me it was not an official round:D. Don't track handicap so I don't care.

The difference was the short game, as I made great chips (usually just off the green or collar to kick in distance) and right club choices, using 5I, 7I or PW where needed. On Masters 2, I chip a 7I from 60' to 2", make a 12' on 3, chip from just off the 4th to 1', 5 I lip my par putt, on 7 another 60-70' chip from the front of the green to 3', bad 3 putt on 8 and a real (by that I mean a nice pitching wedge from the rough just off the side) up and down from just off the green to 3'.... A freaking 38!!!!!

Went to Legends and still played the whites, solid play still there but not the same up and downs..... Good bogey on 1 (third was from a 160 yards just over the green), miss an 8' par putt on two, bad chip on 3, another bogey, lip a 7' birdie putt on 4, another 8' missed par on 5, regulation par on 6, bogey 7, make an incredible chip on 8 from the 9th tee, tracking into the heart of the cup and stops an inch short:mad: and indifferent chip on nine comes up 30' short and 2 putt..... I knew it without counting...... an 80....

BTW, all in under 3 hours....

Doubt I could play any better ever.... Will try though....

My wife doesn't want to hear about it, so I had to post here and smile.....

goshawk
Jul 1, 2009, 07:21 AM
Nice round Anthony. You just keep posting those low rounds here. We don't care if she wants to hear it or not!! :D

gimmeabogey
Jul 1, 2009, 08:32 AM
:clap:Congrats, well done. Like Lionel said we want to hear these stories even if your wife doesn't want to.

:beer:Cyber beers for everyone.

Asim

WILL
Jul 1, 2009, 08:38 AM
Well done.

Anthony
Jul 1, 2009, 08:57 AM
Well done.

Will, you too, I dream of breaking 80 and you are grinding for those 60's..... I guess I better hit some executive courses to hit those #'s....:rofl:

Thanks Goshawk and Gimmeabogey, really appreciate the support, though my sandbagging days are over with members of TGN....

WILL
Jul 1, 2009, 09:18 AM
Will, you too, I dream of breaking 80 and you are grinding for those 60's..... I guess I better hit some executive courses to hit those #'s....:rofl:

Thanks Goshawk and Gimmeabogey, really appreciate the support, though my sandbagging days are over with members of TGN....

Yeah, money games get tougher to find and everyone wants shots. :rofl:

It's pretty easy to go low on your home course. Take those low scores on the road and then you've got something. Playing a course for the first time is real tough to go sub par.

One less stroke, Anthony and you'd really be celebrating. :hyper:

travis
Jul 1, 2009, 09:27 AM
:clap:

Career rounds always feel great, congrats!

carsonl92
Jul 1, 2009, 09:32 AM
good job man:D

Chambokl
Jul 1, 2009, 10:18 AM
Good work Anthony... and under 3 hours...wow!

landlord
Jul 1, 2009, 10:36 AM
Besides TGN, I'd be stopping strangers in the street, knocking on doors in neighbourhoods I've never been to, cold-calling random numbers out of the
White Pages, and maybe even going down to Norway Cemetery and telling my Mom & Dad.

WILL
Jul 1, 2009, 11:48 AM
Besides TGN, I'd be stopping strangers in the street, knocking on doors in neighbourhoods I've never been to, cold-calling random numbers out of the
White Pages, and maybe even going down to Norway Cemetery and telling my Mom & Dad.

And going to the local HoppyCopy for some collated copies of my score card. :D

imAnewbie
Jul 1, 2009, 11:55 AM
Great round Anthony! :D Never doubt you can do it again! There's only one way to go, that's going 70s! :D

First round in 2 weeks..... Been looking forward to just getting out as had played really well prior. Played right tees (Whites) in the rain late afternoon (little roll).... Hit ball very well, which obviously really is the key... Played both front nines of Lionhead, so someone can tell me it was not an official round:D. Don't track handicap so I don't care.

The difference was the short game, as I made great chips (usually just off the green or collar to kick in distance) and right club choices, using 5I, 7I or PW where needed. On Masters 2, I chip a 7I from 60' to 2", make a 12' on 3, chip from just off the 4th to 1', 5 I lip my par putt, on 7 another 60-70' chip from the front of the green to 3', bad 3 putt on 8 and a real (by that I mean a nice pitching wedge from the rough just off the side) up and down from just off the green to 3'.... A freaking 38!!!!!

Went to Legends and still played the whites, solid play still there but not the same up and downs..... Good bogey on 1 (third was from a 160 yards just over the green), miss an 8' par putt on two, bad chip on 3, another bogey, lip a 7' birdie putt on 4, another 8' missed par on 5, regulation par on 6, bogey 7, make an incredible chip on 8 from the 9th tee, tracking into the heart of the cup and stops an inch short:mad: and indifferent chip on nine comes up 30' short and 2 putt..... I knew it without counting...... an 80....

imAnewbie
Jul 1, 2009, 11:56 AM
And going to the local HoppyCopy for some collated copies of my score card. :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Reminds me of that FEDEX commercial when the guy got his first ace :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Troll
Jul 1, 2009, 02:02 PM
Take those low scores on the road and then you've got something.

Shoot a low score during a six hour round and then you've got something. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Leftygolfer30
Jul 1, 2009, 02:18 PM
Shoot a low score during a six hour round and then you've got something. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Even better, do it without any "reloads" or "do overs" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

goshawk
Jul 1, 2009, 02:19 PM
Even better, do it without any "reloads" or "do overs" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:What's a "reload"? :confused:

Leftygolfer30
Jul 1, 2009, 02:21 PM
What's a "reload"? :confused:

I seem to recall Anthony using the term for when he "reloads" off the tee without counting it as 3 off the tee, in other words a mulligan. :D

Anthony
Jul 1, 2009, 02:23 PM
Everyone knows I love reloads, mulligans and 6' gimmes..... There were plenty yesterday along with a couple of foot wedges as well.....:rofl: Oh yea forgot top mention I played two balls and only marked the better score...

The Troll
Jul 1, 2009, 02:38 PM
Everyone knows I love reloads, mulligans and 6' gimmes..... There were plenty yesterday along with a couple of foot wedges as well.....:rofl: Oh yea forgot top mention I played two balls and only marked the better score...

And played a scramble format.... :cool:

Anthony
Jul 1, 2009, 06:12 PM
And played a scramble format.... :cool:
Heck, shouldn't I have shot a 56 then????:rofl:

gr8glfr
Jul 1, 2009, 06:23 PM
Anthony: Can you send some of that MOJO my way. I have a 2 day event at Horseshoe this weekend and could really use some help:help:
Nice shooting for 18 holes even if they were not the same course.
Keep it up:):):)

golfnguru
Jul 1, 2009, 06:28 PM
Played both front nines of Lionhead, so someone can tell me it was not an official round:D.

Maybe she didn't want to hear because it was not official. :hush:

Anyway good game.

Anthony
Jul 1, 2009, 06:52 PM
Anthony: Can you send some of that MOJO my way. I have a 2 day event at Horseshoe this weekend and could really use some help:help:
Nice shooting for 18 holes even if they were not the same course.
Keep it up:):):)

I like Horseshoe, just keep it out of the woods and wear lot's of bug repellent.... Forecast is good.... Best of luck....

Queen of the Beach
Jul 1, 2009, 10:09 PM

Congrats on having such a great round! That's one way to celebrate Canada Day.

WILL
Jul 1, 2009, 10:18 PM

Now I know you're lying. You'd never take the time to play 2 balls. :rolleyes:

WILL
Jul 1, 2009, 10:19 PM
Heck, shouldn't I have shot a 56 then????:rofl:

Settle down. :rolleyes:

chrisw
Jul 1, 2009, 10:52 PM
Yeah, money games get tougher to find and everyone wants shots. :rofl:

It's pretty easy to go low on your home course. Take those low scores on the road and then you've got something. Playing a course for the first time is real tough to go sub par.

One less stroke, Anthony and you'd really be celebrating. :hyper:

Good job man!

and Will next time im down there we should play... maybe even invite swainer if hes up to it...

i'd play ya for some cash :P