PDA

View Full Version : Finally Broke 70...

chrisw
Jul 2, 2009, 06:54 PM
its been along time and finally i put it together today and shot my best score ever... shot a 3 under, 69!... i'm very glad because this weekend is The Amateur which is the only singles event up north.. its a pretty big event and i'm super pumped that im playing well at this time... :D:D:D

The Troll
Jul 2, 2009, 06:58 PM
It always feels good to get that first putt past the windmill. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously, congrats. Great showing.

AlfaGolfer
Jul 2, 2009, 06:59 PM
Chris, if you shoot 69 in your tournament, you'll be looking at a win!:)

Leftygolfer30
Jul 2, 2009, 07:14 PM
its been along time and finally i put it together today and shot my best score ever... shot a 3 under, 69!... i'm very glad because this weekend is The Amateur which is the only singles event up north.. its a pretty big event and i'm super pumped that im playing well at this time... :D:D:D

69 for the front 9 isn't really worth bragging about :eek:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just yankin' your chain Chris - WTG!

Samick
Jul 2, 2009, 07:50 PM
Sweet score man....keep it in the groove!!

Sunshine
Jul 2, 2009, 08:11 PM
nice work!

travis
Jul 2, 2009, 08:36 PM
Wow man, great score. Well done!

hogannut
Jul 2, 2009, 09:05 PM
It always feels good to get that first putt past the windmill. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously, congrats. Great showing.

lol...good one.

I have done this accomplishment twice in my life, it was about 12 years ago now. Keep it going....:D

neeber34
Jul 2, 2009, 09:32 PM

Just think how low you'll go with that sweet *** new R9 3 Wood!! :omg:

P25
Jul 2, 2009, 09:34 PM
Nice round - congrats! Keep it up! :D

forgedblade
Jul 2, 2009, 09:44 PM
Chris, if you shoot 69 in your tournament, you'll be looking at a win!:)

Think that way during the tournament and you will shoot an 89.

Congrats on the achievement though. Don't let it enter your mind during the tourny though.

Doba
Jul 2, 2009, 09:59 PM
wow congrats on a personal best and a very impressive score.. lets see more of them

knowlzey
Jul 2, 2009, 10:03 PM
Impressive score! Thats very well done.

dentonia
Jul 2, 2009, 10:05 PM
Good job man! Hope you break it some more!!

carsonl92
Jul 2, 2009, 10:22 PM
good job mann

i have two 71s right now but still looking to break into the 60s

hopefully by the end of the year itll happen

sennawcf1
Jul 2, 2009, 11:08 PM

Very nice.... Great score - good luck in your tourney.:)

WhiZ
Jul 2, 2009, 11:28 PM
Well done! :clap:

Peace

WhiZ

TourIQ
Jul 3, 2009, 12:17 AM
its been along time and finally i put it together today and shot my best score ever... shot a 3 under, 69!... i'm very glad because this weekend is The Amateur which is the only singles event up north.. its a pretty big event and i'm super pumped that im playing well at this time... :D:D:DCongratulation Chris on such a remarkable score. Now if only Jeff could do the same :rofl:
How many years have you been playing now?

golf nut
Jul 3, 2009, 12:22 AM
Great round Chris, I couldn't break 70 unless I quit on 14.

Big Shooter
Jul 3, 2009, 01:47 AM
I couldn't break 70 unless I quit on 14.

I'm not sure about that!? ;)

Hombre Lefty
Jul 3, 2009, 08:19 AM
great round, hopefully you keep it going... for me been it's like the stanley cup, some guys get there once and never again. been almost 3 years since my last under 70 round, and i don't seem to be getting any closer :mad: here's hoping now that you've done it, it becomes a regular occurrence...

btw was your round @ spruce needles?

Anthony
Jul 3, 2009, 09:01 AM
Wow.... I have seen it playing with "professionals", but still quite a feat. Sure it is pretty standard on TV, but when you think what needs to be done, you really understand how difficult it is.

1. Must be accurate off the tee
2. Have to hit GIR's (probably 14 minimum)
3. No loose shots
4. Make 1-2 bombs
5. Don't miss anything under 5'
6. Make an up and down or two....
7. Take advantage of par 5's (-2 I imagine)

Now please don't tell us you played whites and a course with a 100 slope....:rofl:

chrisw
Jul 6, 2009, 10:33 AM
great round, hopefully you keep it going... for me been it's like the stanley cup, some guys get there once and never again. been almost 3 years since my last under 70 round, and i don't seem to be getting any closer :mad: here's hoping now that you've done it, it becomes a regular occurrence...

btw was your round @ spruce needles?

no my round was at Hollinger... and Tour IQ this will be my 4th summer

also for the amateur i shot an opening 80 which i wasnt too impressed about.. i made the middle of 1st flight which was okay.. then i posted a 79 the second day from the tips with a triple bogey and a missed 2 footer... ended up 4th in 1st flight cuz i was 3 back to start the second day so it was hard to make up strokes with that triple...

chrisw
Jul 7, 2009, 06:19 PM
oh yeah ahah forgot to mention on the saturday i was 4 over my last 3 holes to shoot the opening 80!:mad::mad::mad:

Bosco
Jul 7, 2009, 10:30 PM
keep it up punk...just remember i want another shot at making my money back...that 5 bucks means a lot to me!!

chrisw
Jul 7, 2009, 10:31 PM
keep it up punk...just remember i want another shot at making my money back...that 5 bucks means a lot to me!!

ahah thanks man... posted another low score today shot a 73... im just lovin golf right now aha! :D

and yeah yeah you'll get your chance ! :D