PDA

View Full Version : GT's website a completely different store?

Bluefan75
Jul 2, 2009, 07:47 PM
I was in the local GT tonight asking about a club that I saw on the website, and I know I saw in the store last week. I asked the guy if there were any, and he looked on the rack, and then went in the back room, and then came out said "Nope. nothing" without breaking stride and walked off. No offer to look one up, see if they could get one in. Before he went in he said head office sometimes pulls stock in for the website, but that is it.

Do the stores operate completely independently from the website? I don't want to write off GT off this, because they did help me a few weeks ago with ferrules for my irons, but this did seem a little quick to brush someone off...

esidirop
Jul 2, 2009, 08:01 PM
The G/T website tends to have more products then the most stores will carry. Many times, you will not find "clearance or End of life" items usually listed online in a store etc, there is sheerly too much stock for most stores to handle.

If you wanted something from the website, that was not at the store, the salesperson should have looked up the inventory for you and arranged to have it brought in.

For them to brush you off is a complete "No No" in the golftown Customer service world. You should voice your displeasure via email, and I am certain they will take care of you. They take C/S seriously.

Cheers!

Netz
Jul 2, 2009, 08:08 PM
I live north of the city and I do my golf buying at Targetline in Newmarket, they went out of thier way to get me a Sunday bag which none of the big chains could not be bothered ordering.

Big Shooter
Jul 3, 2009, 01:37 AM
I live north of the city and I do my golf buying at Targetline in Newmarket, they went out of thier way to get me a Sunday bag which none of the big chains could not be bothered ordering.

...actually, you're south of the city! (Barrie) :D:rofl:

Bluefan75
Jul 3, 2009, 11:22 AM
Checked my email at about 11:30 and already had an email from the store manager looking for the club already. Good show so far.

Bluefan75
Jul 6, 2009, 09:37 PM
Should fill everyone in on the rest of this story. The store in question was in London, and as I mentioned the manager was in contact with me the next day. He had gotten the Windsor store to send a club to them ASAP. That was Friday.

Got a hold of the assistant as the manager appeared to be off today, and they had the club, he set me right up and even threw in a couple sleeves of ProV1s for my trouble! Had a good conversation with him as well, an excellent handling of the situation in my estimation.