Collapse

Junior

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior

I was sent this video by a junior who plays a few events. He asked me for my thoughts so I thought I would post his action, since its pretty nice.

Re: Junior

Nice swing on the kid....is it just me, or is he really closed at address?

Comment

I think the camera man wasn't quite down the line on this shot.

Comment

man...that is a nice easy lookin swing. Exactly what my instructor is trying to get me to do with the quiet legs/hips, etc.

Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStarchuk View Post
          I was sent this video by a junior who plays a few events. He asked me for my thoughts so I thought I would post his action, since its pretty nice.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Since I dont believe that you can tell anything from a swing I can only assume this young guy hits the ball well.But he has a bent left arm at impact .
          These amateur videos of swings without seeing or knowing the ball flight are somewhat irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerstone View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZecVi...eature=related

Since I dont believe that you can tell anything from a swing I can only assume this young guy hits the ball well.But he has a bent left arm at impact .
            These amateur videos of swings without seeing or knowing the ball flight are somewhat irrelevant.
            You think so? I'll sometimes watch a guy teeing of from a distance and I can tell you if it's going to be a slice or hook. Slice swings are really easy to spot. And I'm a rank amateur. I think a teaching pro can tell a lot without ever seeing the ball flight.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerstone View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZecVi...eature=related

That's what we're working on. He has an amazing game however and was 67 today with me.

Comment

Watching all the swing video makes me want to quit golf

Comment

update on Junior. He's playing a big event next weekend and emailed me his goals:

1. to have no emotional attachment to any shot
                  2. to have enough to eat and drink during his round
                  3. to visualize each 1st putt on every green before he addresses it

These are some great goals to have. He can control them all, they are specific, and none of them relate to the result of the shot or his score. I am pretty impressed. Not bad for 15 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStarchuk View Post
                    update on Junior. He's playing a big event next weekend and emailed me his goals:

1. to have no emotional attachment to any shot
                    2. to have enough to eat and drink during his round
                    3. to visualize each 1st putt on every green before he addresses it

These are some great goals to have. He can control them all, they are specific, and none of them relate to the result of the shot or his score. I am pretty impressed. Not bad for 15 years old.
                    I would add being completely indifferent to what his playing partners are doing whether good or bad.

P.S.Not to belabour a point N.S. but junior has a very cupped wrist at the top.Im not saying its bad or good ,just noting it.

Comment

I think just give a chance to juniors, afterall they also have an capacity to do right.
                      Tiger

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X