Collapse

That's twice!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's twice!

Played today, scored 45 on the front nine and was doing great in the back nine. Bogey, birdie, par, double, 4 straight pars and I just can't stop thinking I might break 40 on the back nine. Was giving myself great looks 3 of the par holes but couldn't roll them in for birds. Come to 18 and I know there's a chance to break 40 for the back.

Sure enough, doubled the last hole to shoot 40.

That's the second time in 6 days where I did that. Last wed I did the same thing except I finished with +3 over the last two holes to shoot 40.

I know it's just a number, and I need to tell myself that 39 and 40 shouldn't make that big of a difference.

Re: That's twice!

Pretty sick you've been able to post these scores so soon after not playing for so many years. I'm sure you'll post a sub-40 9 real soon.
    Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
    TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
    TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
    Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
    TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
    Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
    Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
    LAB Mezz, Accra
    Current hcp ~ 14

Comment

Put your focus on each shot and save the math for the ride home.

Comment

Originally posted by SW20 MR2 View Post
        Pretty sick you've been able to post these scores so soon after not playing for so many years. I'm sure you'll post a sub-40 9 real soon.
        The greens helped a ton. When they break about the same as I read them and there were no funky bumps and what not despite the heavy traffic today, I never enjoyed putting so much before.

Nick: deep down, I know that; but you don't need to add stuff up when the worse hole was a double

Comment

take it from someone who knows, mental image is everything. i have myself so freaked about the south course at station creek i automatically score rather lousy on it even for me. rofl.
          come to think of it im playing that course tomorrow and only using 3 clubs and a driver! ahhhhh. ok, think positve, and you will do what ever you think you will acheive.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStarchuk View Post
            Put your focus on each shot and save the math for the ride home.
            I try this all the time too, one round I was scoring alright on the front nine, and I didn't total my scores on the back nine, come 16th hole I saw that I was 1 under for the back 9, sure enough I ended up 2 double bogeys to finish the round. Ruined everything basically So I try not to look on the total of my score...
            Cobra King F7
            Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
            Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
            Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
            Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
            Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

I bet you would have shot better if you a golf cart...hehe...
              I think about breaking 80 when im shooting real low...then I usually screw up since Im putting a lot of pressure on my self.
              I played my best when i work a 12 hour night shift prior to the round, and with no sleep.
              As long as Im not walking, I dont think as much since Im so damm tired...
              Sunmountain 3.5LS
              Cobra
              Fly Z+ driver, Fly Z+ 3 wood, Fly Z 2 & 4 hybrid
              Mizuno
              MP 59 5-PW, S5 52, 56 & 60 - KBS Tour S
              Scotty Cameron
              Newport 3

Comment

Originally posted by Borbor View Post
                Played today, scored 45 on the front nine and was doing great in the back nine. Bogey, birdie, par, double, 4 straight pars and I just can't stop thinking I might break 40 on the back nine. Was giving myself great looks 3 of the par holes but couldn't roll them in for birds. Come to 18 and I know there's a chance to break 40 for the back.

Sure enough, doubled the last hole to shoot 40.
                That comes down to your personal comfort level. Said another way, it's where you feel you belong, and so you are more comfortable at that number.

If you didn't add up your scores, you wouldn't really know how your numbers looked and would probably do just fine. As soon as the conscious mind kicks in and finds out what you're up to, it says, "OH, wait a minute here, I'm not comfortable in the low 80s, so we'll fix that."

Often times we're worried that once we attain a certain score, we'll have to maintain that, and it would add pressure. Or maybe, someone wouldn't like the fact that you were improving.

Hey, could be numerous things, but until you start focusing on the game, and not the score, you'll probably repeat this over and over.

:o(

Comment

That's one reason why I'm glad I bought the iGolf Triton. I enter the score on the way to the next tee and immediately go to the next hole's graphics. No way can I look at the total unless I make a conscious effort to do so. When I write my score and other info on a score card, I do not add it up, even when I finish the front 9. I just don't want to know. I know when I'm having a good round going, but not sure just HOW good it is.
                  This happened at Royal Ashburn a few years ago. I knew it was a good round but I didn't add things up until I got into the truck. Turned out to be +3 for the day with only 2 birdies and a LOT of par saves (only 5 GIR). I had to add it three times!
                  Mark down the score for the hole and put the pencil down!!!!
                  U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

I do mark it and put it away, I just need to mark it and forget it.

It's the forgetting part that I'm having problems with

Comment

I do mark it and put it away, I just need to mark it and forget it.

It's the forgetting part that I'm having problems with
                      Do you mark down the actual number of strokes or just the score's relation to par (+1 or -1)?
                      If it's the latter, try using the actual number of strokes. It's more difficult to remember the entire round once you get on the back nine.
                      U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

five numbers per hole on my card

the total number of strokes and relation to par in the corner
                        then i have fairways, green and # of putts below
                        and then up/down

i think i'll just skip the relation to par next time out and just mark down the strokes. You're right, it's way easier to add and subtract 1's then it is to add 3s 4s and 5s.

Comment

37 back nine today.

had something else to keep my mind occupied, and that was how to get myself out of a 3 down mess by hole 12 and at least bring the match to 18.

ended up winning 2 and 1. the front was a complete joke however

Comment

the front was a complete joke however
                            I know the feeling shot a 47-39 yesterday, on the weekend I shot a 39-45... Can't seem to keep it consistant.

Comment

Playing St Andrews last weekend I was -1 thru the first 4 holes. My buddy said "Hey, feel free to slow down any time" and I promptly took a 9 on the 5th hole. The rest of the round I couldn't string together two good holes - par - bogey - par - double. Finished with a blowup on 18 and lost to my friend by 5 strokes - the second consecutive blowup on 18 to lose to this clown. I considered breaking every club in my bag - then thought about breaking every club in his bag. I'll settle for not playing another round with him this year.
                              We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                              Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                              Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                              Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                              Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                              Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                              Srixon Star XV
                              Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X