PDA

View Full Version : Jim Furyk...somebody shoot me !

davepratt
Mar 21, 2010, 03:04 PM
I like Furyk but good God his pre shot routine especially over putts has become ridiculous. Something has to change because I'm not sure I can watch 14 more holes of his snail's paced game.

moneyjism
Mar 21, 2010, 03:09 PM
and the swing....kids turn away.

Big Shooter
Mar 21, 2010, 03:11 PM
I like Furyk but good God his pre shot routine especially over putts has become ridiculous. Something has to change because I'm not sure I can watch 14 more holes of his snail's paced game.

Seen this movie before...Ben Crane was a Winner this year!:(

sharkhark
Mar 21, 2010, 03:36 PM
furyk and crane should take a lesson from jb holmes who got tired of the tour telling him his slow play needed a speed boost..he is taking advice....i cannot remember who...i think a older pga guy...on changing his routine...i have not seen such a drastic change..not only is it faster...its almost too quick....not quite fowler quick..but almost.
and what did it do to his game? he is in contention more than ever.

furyk and crane etc..and their pre shot routines are agonizingly slow...

TourIQ
Mar 21, 2010, 03:38 PM
furyk and crane etc..and their pre shot routines are agonizingly slow...I cannot stand to watch Furyk. I've played with slow but faster players than Jim and it was really anoying.

Bravesox
Mar 21, 2010, 03:42 PM
they will wait til the 16th or whenever it is crutial to tell him to speed it up. Either way, i hate slow play....no time for it:p

Dano Twoface
Mar 21, 2010, 03:42 PM
i can understand lining up his putts for that long
especially in the wind that is howling
but ALL of his shots?????

he should play with SNEDEKER
line up the shot
set up and bang
ball is on its way!!!

CHOI is on fire
and Furyk's swing is awful to watch but it works
and if it aint broke why fix it?
i

laps
Mar 21, 2010, 03:51 PM
Do you think that Furyk will smile if he wins today? He always looks grumpy!

Dano Twoface
Mar 21, 2010, 03:56 PM
GAME FACE is on for all these guys right now

Garcia looked grumpy all week
but that is what happens when you are in the PLUSES
and your sponsor dresses you like a dork

"hey sergio we think you will look great in this canary yellow outfit, real HIP!!!!!!!????"

Big Shooter
Mar 21, 2010, 05:13 PM
6pm, and the final group is only on #12???
...they're in Florida!! WTF????

...cutting into prime-time, I know where this is headed...

Weirfan
Mar 21, 2010, 05:16 PM

believe there was a lengthy rain delay so late start

as for Furyk.. he is very mechanical and that is his schtick....

I dont see him being put on the clock so slow but within the rules and very effective

Bravesox
Mar 21, 2010, 05:16 PM
good ole florida rain

WILL
Mar 21, 2010, 05:23 PM
Fluff is looking anchient these days. He can barely walk without the tour bag much less with it. Reminds me of Yoda.

No one is making a run. Hard to believe.

Lefty17
Goosen missed his putt on one hole and Furyk put his ball down I turned to the Lightning/Panther game watched a few seconds then a 40 second fight and the after math and then turned back to see Furyk taking his final practice stroke before he putted.....hurry the hell up..

WILL

Hopefully to a playoff. :hyper:

SQMan
Mar 21, 2010, 05:25 PM
The showed how he turned his putter grip upside down.
My question is what does he cover top of the shaft with if he had to cut the top of his grip?

wc17
Mar 21, 2010, 05:51 PM
When he goes through the whole thing...takes a practice swing...then backs off AGAIN...I feel like SCREAMING at the tv!!

Big Shooter
Mar 21, 2010, 05:53 PM
Fluff is looking anchient these days. He can barely walk without the tour bag much less with it. Reminds me of Yoda.

Yeah, but looks like he lost a lot of weight?
2-for-1 lapband with JD?

RiskyBusiness
Mar 21, 2010, 06:03 PM
I kinda like slow play...well, "slower" anyway...

- RB.
________
Magic flight launch box (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

Lefty17
Mar 21, 2010, 06:28 PM
Shank...:eek:

goshawk
Mar 21, 2010, 06:28 PM
Now that's what I call a bad time for a shank!!

Lefty17
Mar 21, 2010, 06:32 PM

Best part is he told the people to move back...:rofl:

Almost killed Maltbie and that bald headed dude..:rofl:

goshawk
Mar 21, 2010, 06:42 PM
Best part is he told the people to move back...:rofl:

Almost killed Maltbie and that bald headed dude..:rofl:You're right. I'll bet Roger hasn't moved that fast since he was in college!! :D

Big Shooter
Mar 21, 2010, 06:43 PM
...cutting into Tiger's interview....very sneaky Jimmy, Srixon put you up to that!!?? :p

Phnert
Mar 21, 2010, 06:46 PM
worse than Furyk's slow play?
Seeing that damn Honda commercial with that crying hockey player in his living room!!!
CAN'T STAND THAT AD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and airing once every second commercial break

RiskyBusiness
Mar 21, 2010, 07:00 PM
I flipped repeatedly between the Tiger/Tilghman show and the last hole.

That was a S**** but who cares if you win I guess...?

-RB.
________
Dodge coronet (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Coronet)

brownboi
Mar 21, 2010, 07:01 PM
Its a shame that they played the interview during the final moments of a big tournament

RiskyBusiness
Mar 21, 2010, 07:20 PM
Yeah timing was less than optimal.

- RB.
________
JEEP CHEROKEE (XJ) (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Jeep_Cherokee_(XJ))

Big Shooter
Mar 21, 2010, 08:00 PM
Tiger can't be faulted for slow play!

sharkhark
Mar 21, 2010, 08:01 PM
Shank...:eek:
please...oh ...please no..not that word.

Albert Hacker
Mar 27, 2010, 11:43 AM
What makes me crazy is you watch Furyk go through that ridiculously slow routine over a 2 footer and the man finally steps up as if to hit it, then stops, steps back and plumb bobs that midget 2' putt... crazy, it grates on the nerves.

ninja
Mar 27, 2010, 09:28 PM
Furyk is the reason I got a PVR.....always fast-forward through that ridiculous routine.

Lund Pro V
Mar 28, 2010, 08:59 AM
Got to love it when double digit handicappers offer up comments about slow play from professional players given their level of expertise. Perhaps if they took some time in preparation themselves, they would be able to lower their handicaps or stop their balls from going in the rubarb and then slowing play for every group behind them as they spend 5 minutes looking for their ball.

I'm not expert, but I'm not one to comment on a pro (other than Ben Crane) since I suck myself.

The Troll
Mar 28, 2010, 09:39 AM
Got to love it when double digit handicappers offer up comments about slow play from professional players given their level of expertise. Perhaps if they took some time in preparation themselves, they would be able to lower their handicaps or stop their balls from going in the rubarb and then slowing play for every group behind them as they spend 5 minutes looking for their ball.

Double digit handicaps aren't double digit handicappers because they play too fast.... :D