PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Interview Tonight

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bravesox
Mar 21, 2010, 04:00 PM
http://gawker.com/5498522/espn-to-air-one+on+one-tiger-woods-interview-tonight

sharkhark
Mar 21, 2010, 04:01 PM
new interview? the link doesnt provide much info on when and where this was...is it live?

Bravesox
Mar 21, 2010, 04:04 PM
Tom Rinaldi of espn with tiger woods tonight...7pm eastern...not live...of course...all i got sorry

kingplayer
Mar 21, 2010, 05:33 PM
Tigers interview on the Golf Channel is 7:30 tonight with Kelly Tillman

mdtgolf
Mar 21, 2010, 06:30 PM
On now...weird that GC didnt have much time to advertise this.

brownboi
Mar 21, 2010, 06:38 PM
quality interview

3whack
Mar 21, 2010, 06:38 PM
I was typing that Ari Fleischer is a master at what he does...but then TGC mentioned that Fleischer is no longer working with TW...doesn't mean that this wasn't orchestrated by him, though.

Big Shooter
Mar 21, 2010, 06:39 PM
That's it...5 minutes!!?? :eek::rolleyes:

preceded by and followed by all sorts of speculation!! :(

goshawk
Mar 21, 2010, 06:40 PM
That's it...5 minutes!!?? :eek::rolleyes:

preceded by and followed by all sorts of speculation!! :(That's all the time that was allowed for the interview by Team Tiger.

burkie08
Mar 21, 2010, 06:42 PM
On now...weird that GC didnt have much time to advertise this.

Don't worry though. GC will play it another 2000 times before the Masters

outthere
Mar 21, 2010, 06:44 PM
What about the other interview with Rinaldi? Any links to that around?

mdtgolf
Mar 21, 2010, 06:46 PM
What about the other interview with Rinaldi? Any links to that around?
espn.com

outthere
Mar 21, 2010, 06:53 PM
espn.com

Thank you

Bosco
Mar 21, 2010, 06:59 PM
Don't worry though. GC will play it another 2000 times before the Masters

Yup - there will probably be a "top ten" moments of the interview with Lauren Thompson on GC by the middle of next week. Why can't they just move on and do a proper recap of the Transitions tournament?

mdtgolf
Mar 21, 2010, 07:18 PM
anybody notice is left big tooth, it was discolored, perhaps rumors were true that he lost his tooth

goshawk
Mar 21, 2010, 07:21 PM
anybody notice is left big tooth, it was discolored, perhaps rumors were true that he lost his toothFirst time I noticed it was a few years ago.

mdtgolf
Mar 21, 2010, 07:25 PM
Yup - there will probably be a "top ten" moments of the interview with Lauren Thompson on GC by the middle of next week. Why can't they just move on and do a proper recap of the Transitions tournament?

First time I noticed it was a few years ago.

ok, just something I noticed so I threw it out there.

Bosco
Mar 21, 2010, 07:25 PM
anybody notice is left big tooth, it was discolored, perhaps rumors were true that he lost his tooth

Did you notice the right eye (furthest from the camera) looked a little shut and redish.

BowmanvilleJim
Mar 21, 2010, 07:30 PM
My buddy was over and we had a few beers. That was a much better use of my time for those 5 mins.

Dano Twoface
Mar 21, 2010, 07:32 PM
not really much of an interview
he takes blame for all that happen which he should
and he doesnt really answer some questions and it was 5 minutes long

nothing to see here, please move on

mpare
Mar 21, 2010, 07:32 PM
I thought that Kelly T was very effective in questioning Tiger. The questions were tough and direct. At the same time, I have to give Tiger credit for attempting to answer those questions. Given the personal nature of the issues in play, I cannot fault him for the manner in which the question were answered. There are some things that are best said between a husband and a wife.

pillpickleson
Mar 21, 2010, 07:35 PM
Typical predictable sorry I need my sponsors back interview what the heck do you think he is going to say. I found religion doing my rehab and all will be better with my buddha bracelet. What was interesting was who they picked to interview him. Kelly Tilghman of the lynching days. Was that a coincidence?

As said in his press conference the only way to know if he is remorseful is to show it in his actions that will take years not a month. Will Elin be at the Masters, no way in frigin heck would do I think after the last text messages that would has anything to do with him. She may be paid off to live her own life and live quietly on her own but do you think they will reconcile? About as much as John Edwards wife did! We'll see next prediction divorced within the year. Probably after he starts golfing if all goes well for his career she will then divorce him once the dust settles. Payoffs for now keeping her quiet. ONLY IMO of course.

pillpickleson
Mar 21, 2010, 07:36 PM
not really much of an interview
he takes blame for all that happen which he should
and he doesnt really answer some questions and it was 5 minutes long

nothing to see here, please move on

+1 totally agreed

Dano Twoface
Mar 21, 2010, 07:36 PM
at least he is now manning up and taking ALL the blame
at least it sounds a little more honest and not so fabricated

goshawk
Mar 21, 2010, 07:40 PM
Some people are not going to be satisfied until he confesses how many times and with whom. And to put it simply.....that ain't happening in this lifetime. And even that probably won't be enough.

Weirfan
Mar 21, 2010, 07:44 PM
Some people are not going to be satisfied until he confesses how many times and with whom. And to put it simply.....that ain't happening in this lifetime. And even that probably won't be enough.

as he said....one is enough....doesn't matter 1 or the 16 +

both interviews similar, sililar responses almost to the word....obviously had the questions prepared and he prepared for the responses...

somewhat more believable than the previous interview

his handlers have him taking the right step in rebuilding his image

3whack
Mar 21, 2010, 07:46 PM
http://www.locatetv.com/tv/oprah-winfrey-show/710645

Not before The Masters, I expect.

mpare
Mar 21, 2010, 07:48 PM
I agree with you completely. These folks would not even accept a mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

tomahawktim
Mar 21, 2010, 07:48 PM
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b172719_tiger_woods_tells_golf_channel_i_hurt.html #ixzz0irLNx9om

....with a link to the full interview.

P25
Mar 21, 2010, 07:49 PM

For some, it'll never be enough Lionel. I've come to accept that some people are just perfect. :)

First, they wanted him to talk. That of course wasn't enough because it was a 15 minute long speech that was scripted - he was supposed to wing it I guess. He also didn't field any questions, so they wanted him to do that.

Now he's fielded questions, but because he wanted some details to remain private, and because it was only 5 minutes, that's not going to be enough either.

Of course, he doesn't OWE us anything. I'm just looking forward to watching him play golf again.

P25
Mar 21, 2010, 07:51 PM
as he said....one is enough....doesn't matter 1 or the 16 +

both interviews similar, sililar responses almost to the word....obviously had the questions prepared and he prepared for the responses...

somewhat more believable than the previous interview

his handlers have him taking the right step in rebuilding his image

I disagree that they were prepared questions by the Tiger camp. Call me naive, but I don't think they would have asked some of the car crash questions had they been prepared in advance. I do think Tiger was prepared for just about every possible question they would have asked him though...pretty predictable.

tomahawktim
Mar 21, 2010, 07:53 PM
Mr. Woodlands looks unwell. (yellowish cast to his complexion)

Big Shooter
Mar 21, 2010, 07:55 PM
NOTHING about these interviews was a surprise to Tiger...

...it wasn't LIVE, so could easily be EDITED!!

kingplayer
Mar 21, 2010, 08:00 PM
I think he was being a little more sincere and from the heart. Sure I wish he would have given more details about that night but I also respect his privacy in that personal incident.

I'm not so sure either reporter had to submit the questions beforehand or at least thats the feeling I got from listening to the Golf Channel. In my humble opionion the guy on ESPN did a better interview then Kelly on the Golf Channel.

pillpickleson
Mar 21, 2010, 08:02 PM
For some, it'll never be enough Lionel. I've come to accept that some people are just perfect. :)

First, they wanted him to talk. That of course wasn't enough because it was a 15 minute long speech that was scripted - he was supposed to wing it I guess. He also didn't field any questions, so they wanted him to do that.

Now he's fielded questions, but because he wanted some details to remain private, and because it was only 5 minutes, that's not going to be enough either.

Of course, he doesn't OWE us anything. I'm just looking forward to watching him play golf again.

I have never wanted him to actually talk I think it's pointless talking. I actually said he should just get on with what he does the best which is golf and shut up. So the opposite because anything he says is of course going to be the correct thing to say. So actually I wish he would stop talking and just play as that's about all people care about you doing anymore. His life who cares go live it anyway you want now.

Bwadd
Mar 21, 2010, 08:03 PM
Just hard to believe he is being sincere... really hard!

P25
Mar 21, 2010, 08:04 PM
I have never wanted him to actually talk I think it's pointless talking. I actually said he should just get on with what he does the best which is golf and shut up. So the opposite because anything he says is of course going to be the correct thing to say. So actually I wish he would stop talking and just play as that's about all people care about you doing anymore. His life who cares go live it anyway you want now.

OK - I wasn't referring to you specifically

Weirfan
Mar 21, 2010, 08:22 PM
I disagree that they were prepared questions by the Tiger camp. Call me naive, but I don't think they would have asked some of the car crash questions had they been prepared in advance. I do think Tiger was prepared for just about every possible question they would have asked him though...pretty predictable.

No , the questions would have come from the interviewers, provided to his camp prepared and given to him in advance......

the extent and limit of his responses is what would have been crafted set up by the camp

pretty standard fare

Leftygolfer30
Mar 21, 2010, 08:23 PM
I want to know what hogannut thinks... :rofl:

Bellyhungry
Mar 21, 2010, 08:24 PM
I think he was being a little more sincere and from the heart. Sure I wish he would have given more details about that night but I also respect his privacy in that personal incident.

I'm not so sure either reporter had to submit the questions beforehand or at least thats the feeling I got from listening to the Golf Channel. In my humble opionion the guy on ESPN did a better interview then Kelly on the Golf Channel.

Agreed. I think Tom Rinaldi did a much better job than Kelly Tilghman. And I think Tiger's answers were more spontaneous and candid (especially when asked about what reaction he would expect) as well with the Rinaldi interview.

Hmmm....'strip away denial and rationalization, you start coming to the truth to who you really are'...Good line I should use when conducting employee performance reviews...:)

P25
Mar 21, 2010, 08:28 PM
No , the questions would have come from the interviewers, provided to his camp prepared and given to him in advance......

the extent and limit of his responses is what would have been crafted set up by the camp

pretty standard fare

Perhaps...I just don't think there were any earth shattering questions asked, so he obviously was prepared for what he was asked. Whether he knew the ACTUAL questions or not is not really relevant.

golfhacker
Mar 21, 2010, 08:40 PM
If he wins the Grand Slam this year, all is forgiven and world order in the golfing world is restored.

Weirfan
Mar 21, 2010, 08:45 PM
Perhaps...I just don't think there were any earth shattering questions asked, so he obviously was prepared for what he was asked. Whether he knew the ACTUAL questions or not is not really relevant.

what typically happens in these situations is is the questions the interviewrs want to ask are sent to the handlers.

handlers eliminate questions that they don't want asked and or say that we will allow this or that....it is all decided on in advance.

there is some give and take as the interview is beneficial to both parties

all the right questions and answers were given.....

they have drawn the line and shown that that they will not discuss certain topics at all like the car accident, what happend that night etc....in other words we answered that so sont ever ask again ...anybody

he addressed the multiple affairs so that is done with

he addressed the fact that he was wrong and owed everybody an apology for letting them down

The evidence that this is all set up in staged is in the fact that it was not done live but taoed and editted

Even moreseo it has to do not in what was asked but what was not asked. ( i mean allowed)

no questions about the marriage ..is it on/off

no direct questions about drugs, alcohol that night....just a general question what happened...and an evasive answer

no questions regarding the validity of all the claims
no questions on the text messages and their content , authenticity

these would likely would have been stricken upon review by Tigers handlers

in the end both TGN and ESPN get the interview and Tiger some image building and can avoid these things now ....win win

P25
Mar 21, 2010, 08:48 PM
in the end both TGN and ESPN get the interview and Tiger some image building and can avoid these things now ....win win

TGN got the interview?!?! Is that where Hogannut's been all day?!?!! :p:rofl:

3whack
Mar 21, 2010, 08:49 PM
If he wins the Grand Slam this year, all is forgiven and world order in the golfing world is restored.

Who will forgive him?

His wife? His mother? His sponsors? The women on this planet that currently despise him?

Weirfan
Mar 21, 2010, 08:50 PM
TGN got the interview?!?! Is that where Hogannut's been all day?!?!! :p:rofl:

oops it's the golf channel not network:(

Weirfan
Mar 21, 2010, 08:52 PM

less than a 0 chance he wins the slam...

Fore Play
Mar 21, 2010, 08:55 PM
Why did these interviews have to air at the same time as a PGA tournament is ending?.............I realize the tournament would have ended at 6:00 if there hadn't been a rain delay.............but a decision should have been made to air the interviews later tonight or even sometime later this week

Richd
Mar 21, 2010, 08:56 PM
tillingham said noting was off limits for the interview ...do you think she is misrepresenting the truth?

Gonegolfing
Mar 21, 2010, 09:02 PM
I was typing that Ari Fleischer is a master at what he does...but then TGC mentioned that Fleischer is no longer working with TW...doesn't mean that this wasn't orchestrated by him, though.

Ari is part of the problem. Just be honest and own your shite and you won't need meds to sleep at night Tiger.