PDA

View Full Version : That's personal. Thank you.

Pages : [1] 2

Torontonian
Apr 5, 2010, 01:21 PM
Why won't Tiger reveal what he went into rehab for? The more he says "It's personal"... the more we speculate it was for the worst thing imaginable.

He is opening so much more in this Masters News Conference but by not answering this question, I have trouble still trusting him.

Thoughts?

setter02
Apr 5, 2010, 01:22 PM
Why won't Tiger reveal what he went into rehab for? The more he says "It's personal"... the more we speculate it was for the worst thing imaginable.

He is opening so much more in this Masters News Conference but by not answering this question, I have trouble still trusting him.

Thoughts?

Why does it matter to you? I mean really, please lock this thread up as the topic is dead...

Torontonian
Apr 5, 2010, 01:26 PM
Why does it matter to you? I mean really, please lock this thread up as the topic is dead...

Because he is a role model to a lot of people maybe? How can this topic be dead? It is very relevant still.

P25
Apr 5, 2010, 01:27 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to be your role model - get over it. It's none of your business. Wow...

racmbs
Apr 5, 2010, 01:28 PM
I don't care what he went into rehab for......as long as he's acknowledged to himself and his family that he has a problem and that he's taking all the steps necessary to address them, that's good enough for me.

I agree this thread should be locked as it's beating yet another dead horse.

Torontonian
Apr 5, 2010, 01:31 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to be your role model - get over it. It's none of your business. Wow...

Wow, remind me not to share a beer and chat with you after a round! I didn't say he was my role model either... wow!

P25
Apr 5, 2010, 01:35 PM
Wow, remind me not to share a beer and chat with you after a round! I didn't say he was my role model either... wow!

Seriously - this topic has been debated ad nausiem on this board. It was getting old about 3-1/2 months ago.

setter02
Apr 5, 2010, 01:35 PM
Because he is a role model to a lot of people maybe? How can this topic be dead? It is very relevant still.

Tiger wasn't really a 'role model' for anyone. People would appreciate his overwhelming talent, but outside of that, there is nothing to be considered a 'role model' worthy.

He's cold on the course as he just goes about his business. He over reacts and swears like a sailor, basically acting like a spoiled child at times.

Just because he plays a sport well doesn't mean he's a role model, that label gets thrown around by those who'd rather put less effort into things then actually stepping up and becoming an actual 'role model'!

If he comes back and plays well, even if he doesn't, but has a happy healthy home life, is able to do wonderful things with the money he's earned through his foundation and other such avenues, then he can be a 'role model'.

racmbs
Apr 5, 2010, 01:36 PM
Lot's of Wow's in here......

Sham Wow! :D

Torontonian
Apr 5, 2010, 01:38 PM
Seriously - this topic has been debated ad nausiem on this board. It was getting old about 3-1/2 months ago.

I apologize if it was debated ad nausiem, I did not see all those threads and was just talking about his Masters press conference today.

I thought today he was much more himself and answered all questions but that one again and that is why I brought this up.

ocat
Apr 5, 2010, 01:38 PM
Is the interview over?

Anyone know where I can read it?

P25
Apr 5, 2010, 01:41 PM
I apologize if it was debated ad nausiem, I did not see all those threads and was just talking about his Masters press conference today.

I thought today he was much more himself and answered all questions but that one again and that is why I brought this up.

He's answered way more questions than he is obligated to answer. Just let the guy get on with his life.

Lock it up...

racmbs
Apr 5, 2010, 01:48 PM
He's answered way more questions than he is obligated to answer. Just let the guy get on with his life.

Lock it up...

Locking.......

Who's got the key? :D

Andru
Apr 5, 2010, 01:49 PM

It's none of your business. You need to find something else to satisfy your insatiable appetite.

Torontonian
Apr 5, 2010, 01:51 PM
It's none of your business. You need to find something else to satisfy your insatiable appetite.

I have an insatiable appetite for sushi, Indian food and wine so I don't need to find something else thanks! wow!

racmbs
Apr 5, 2010, 01:52 PM
I have an insatiable appetite for sushi, Indian food and wine so I don't need to find something else thanks! wow!

NOW we're talkin'.

That's a topic you'd get plenty of hits on. :D

jcggolfer
Apr 5, 2010, 02:02 PM
Maybe now people will start talking about the Masters from a golf point of view.

AverageJoe
Apr 5, 2010, 02:23 PM
What really bothers me is that Tiger makes comments like this:

"Winning Championships is not important"

Then

"How you live your life is what matters"

So lets get something straight....if "how you live your life" is what matters why is it that every time a "personal" question is asked it's never answered? Why is it that we are wrong to judge Tiger on "how he lives his life" when it's exactly what he believes to be the most important defining character of a human being?

It seems to me that he doesn't want to be judged by his golf career because that isn't "what matters" and hates being judged by "how he lives his life" because he never answers questions about it and that can only leave one thing....he should have no respect at all for either his golf game or the way he lives his life which in essence makes him useless as a human being.

Thanks for clarifying Tiger :confused:

hitblade007
Apr 5, 2010, 02:32 PM
lock this one up! lock this one up! lock this one up! please.

Let's moving forward!

davevandyk
Apr 5, 2010, 02:58 PM

While I personally don't care what he was in for, who are you to determine wether a topic is dead??? Judging by 18+ replies and 120+ views I would say it's not dead!

Here's an idea for those that think it's dead... Don't open the post an certainly don't reply to it. The easiest way for a topic to "die" is to have nobody reply an have it fall down the list of topics. I think as long as people want to discuss it, it's not dead even if I think it should be.

Torontonian
Apr 5, 2010, 03:03 PM
While I personally don't care what he was in for, who are you to determine wether a topic is dead??? Judging by 18+ replies and 120+ views I would say it's not dead!

Here's an idea for those that think it's dead... Don't open the post an certainly don't reply to it. The easiest way for a topic to "die" is to have nobody reply an have it fall down the list of topics. I think as long as people want to discuss it, it's not dead even if I think it should be.

Thank you! I agree and wonder why those that think this topic is dead insist on posting and saying "lock er up"!

If you don't like the topic, don't read it, move on to another post. What is with the overzealous members here who think they speak for everyone on here?

If you don't like the topic, don't read the thread, and, above all, don't post "shut this down" thinking you are the be-all-end-all of the forum.

golfingoalie
Apr 5, 2010, 03:06 PM
Way to bring common sense into the thread Dave...you've pretty much wrecked this thread now ;)

AverageJoe
Apr 5, 2010, 03:06 PM

Amen!

landlord
Apr 5, 2010, 03:07 PM
If there's any unhealthy preoccupation in this thread, IMO it's not coming from the original poster. Methinks some of you doth protest too much.

The "type of rehab" is a perfectly reasonably topic, whether it was debated ad nauseam or not. Drugs or no drugs, Tiger: that's all the curious might still be curious about. In fact, I'd say "the rest of the field" has a right to know.

That said, it's also perfectly reasonable (but food for suspicion) for Tiger not to answer the question. That's okay with me, since Tiger is neither role model nor hero, but the cloud over his head will last a little longer that way.

TourIQ
Apr 5, 2010, 03:15 PM

Here's an idea for those that think it's dead... Don't open the post an certainly don't reply to it. The easiest way for a topic to "die" is to have nobody reply an have it fall down the list of topics. I think as long as people want to discuss it, it's not dead even if I think it should be.Well stated Dave.
Imagine if a forum locked every thread someone didn't like ... it wouldn't be a forum for very long :rofl:

Andru
Apr 5, 2010, 03:44 PM
Asking to lock er Up is as much an opinion as any.

I simply stated the obvious. There are some things that are just none of your business. I don't understand this insatiable need to make it your business.

It's his life he can share whatever he wants. If someone asks you about your personal life you can choose not to answer. That's your right as a person.

guitarman
Apr 5, 2010, 03:57 PM

Thoughts?

Stop the presses, call out the national guard. Tiger didn't reveal everything and now torontonian can't trust him

davecanuck416
Apr 5, 2010, 04:03 PM
There are some things that are just none of your business. I don't understand this insatiable need to make it your business.

It's his life he can share whatever he wants. If someone asks you about your personal life you can choose not to answer. That's your right as a person.
well said. Tiger is a golfer. I love watching him golf. that's it. woulda loved to hear more questions about the state of his golf game, or his memories from previous years at Augusta, or the evolution of his swing from his record setting win in 1997 to now.

jmac
Apr 5, 2010, 04:05 PM
Personally I am tired of all of this, and just want to see Tiger back on the course. But, we live in a celebrity culture and there are millions of people who do want to know about this stuff.

Tiger is a massive public figure and for all the benefits that come with being famous and successful, there are also a number of pitfalls such as lack of privacy and media pressure.

Tiger created this problem himself, from his original actions to the brutal way he tried to deal with it. Hiding in a cocoon might have been the way to deal with scandals 40 or 50 years ago, but nowadays you need to get out in front of them (a la Letterman). By hiding for months all he did was add fuel to the fire, creating an even bigger situation.

As for this thread, if people want to talk about the news conference, they should be free to. If you don't want to, then ignore it. Like it or not, it's the biggest sports/celeb story and people eat that stuff up.

Bellyhungry
Apr 5, 2010, 04:07 PM
Stop the presses, call out the national guard. Tiger didn't reveal everything and now torontonian can't trust him

Who is Torontonian? What is his motive? What is he not telling us? :cool:

I don't trust him.

Torontonian
Apr 5, 2010, 04:12 PM
Who is Torontonian? What is his motive? What is he not telling us? :cool:

I don't trust him.

I was in sex rehab with Tiger and I refuse to tell you any more details. Lock er up!

pkirby
Apr 5, 2010, 04:38 PM

It should matter to everyone, He has made 100 million plus from PUBLIC companies each year in endorsements. SO therefore he made this money from the public supporting those companies because of him. So really it is not publc if he is making that much money from the public

setter02
Apr 5, 2010, 05:17 PM
It should matter to everyone, He has made 100 million plus from PUBLIC companies each year in endorsements. SO therefore he made this money from the public supporting those companies because of him. So really it is not publc if he is making that much money from the public

Please explain what Public companies he works for?!?!?1 Have to shake my head on this one. Just because a company is publicaly traded, doesn't mean its a public company, and the company gets nothing of the value of its shares unless it owns a ton of them after the initial sale of the shares. Do you trust Dollars For Gold because their a publically traded company, hell they even tell you that themselves that you can trust them.

As for saying this thread should be locked, and then the response says it shouldn't, over half the replies are with me...

This topic is dead, and no thread should be open about it, its stupid and really isn't golf related, unless talking about his play, but I guess that isn't as juicy for some who have lived vicariously through Tigers exploits, give me a break...

dmcdam
Apr 5, 2010, 05:28 PM
"How you live your life is what matters"

So lets get something straight....if "how you live your life" is what matters why is it that every time a "personal" question is asked it's never answered? Why is it that we are wrong to judge Tiger on "how he lives his life" when it's exactly what he believes to be the most important defining character of a human being?

I think his point was that the only people who should judge how he lives his life are those that are actually "in" his life. Why should he be expected to lay his whole personal life out there for you to judge? How about we have a press conference starring you - can we pelt you with deeply personal questions, then define whether you're a good person or not? His point seems pretty straight forward and valid to me.

Leftygolfer30
Apr 5, 2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.adverblog.com/archives/shamwow1.jpg

Ignatius Reilly
Apr 5, 2010, 05:51 PM
As for saying this thread should be locked, and then the response says it shouldn't, over half the replies are with me...

This topic is dead, and no thread should be open about it, its stupid and really isn't golf related, unless talking about his play, but I guess that isn't as juicy for some who have lived vicariously through Tigers exploits, give me a break...

No thread should be open about it? The topic is dead? If it was dead you wouldn't respond to it. More than once.

I have no interest in many threads here - but I just ignore those. I don't ask them to be locked, even ones that seem to be stupid to me. If this thread doesn't interest you, then just like a thread on equipment you don't need, or instruction, or courses or other subjects - don't respond. It's actually easier than responding.

As for Tiger's interview and return to golf - it is the biggest story in sports this week, and that includes hockey teams trying to get into the playoffs, college basketball and the start of baseball. Since it's the biggest sports story, and it's about a golfer, this is a good forum for it.

Tiger hasn't played yet this year. That's different. Tiger is playing the Masters this week. That's of interest. Tiger is coming back from a long layoff - last time this happened there were a lot of questions about his knee and his conditioning and readiness to play. This is just the same, except it's a moral injury that has had a huge impact on his life, his family, his friends, other golf pros, and the Tour.

Call me crazy - but that's not out of place in a golf forum.

dmcdam
Apr 5, 2010, 05:55 PM

If anyone supports a company simply because Tiger endorses it, then they're a marketer's wet dream. And quite possibly an idiot as well...

SliceHooker
Apr 5, 2010, 06:19 PM
If anyone supports a company simply because Tiger endorses it, then they're a marketer's wet dream. And quite possibly an idiot as well...

Nike spelled backwards is toidi. :D

northernpro
Apr 5, 2010, 07:49 PM
Tiger & his team call press conferences and then only answer what they
want to..Tiger lived a lie in the past & now hopes all of us should
believe his next lie..great golfer yes..great person..not in my books

sharkhark
Apr 5, 2010, 08:30 PM
http://www.adverblog.com/archives/shamwow1.jpg

maybe sham wow guy has more to do with this thread than all the 'wows'.....he was arrested for getting into a ruckus with a hooker....very tiger like.....

pic below..........but really...dead topic...its beyond a beaten horse..

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0327092sham1.jpg

setter02
Apr 5, 2010, 08:32 PM
Stick to opinions on a golfer's personal life. Your facts on shares of publicly traded companies is dead wrong and that's not a matter of opinion.

And why do people who think this thread is a waste of time even posting here or taking the time to read posts on this thread?

Then please inform our people Money Markets teacher he is wrong, a has a PH.D and is amazingly smart, but wrong.

setter02
Apr 5, 2010, 08:34 PM
No thread should be open about it? The topic is dead? If it was dead you wouldn't respond to it. More than once.

I reply as i think its known I'm one for arguing... It's fun! But just as everyone else is saying, this topic is old, please move on. The only reason this thread is still going on is because of me... So I would like some thanks for entertaining you all once again...

Bellyhungry
Apr 5, 2010, 08:34 PM
http://soupisnotafingerfood.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/deadhorse.jpg

setter02
Apr 5, 2010, 08:38 PM
He does not hold the opinion you wrote. You are misquoting him or not understanding what it is he is teaching you.

The share price is very important to a publicly traded company for a variety of reaons, one being future financing or debt ratings. I will let you take ii from there as you can find large books written on the subject.

Good reading.

No thank you, I'm quite happy to be done with those classes.

Hackandduffit
Apr 5, 2010, 08:41 PM
I reply as i think its known I'm one for arguing... It's fun! But just as everyone else is saying, this topic is old, please move on. The only reason this thread is still going on is because of me... So I would like some thanks for entertaining you all once again...

Must be nice to have the reputation of being argumentative. You seem to be proud of it as well. You seem to be in dire need of validation. :help:

Pingnut
Apr 5, 2010, 08:42 PM
I was in sex rehab with Tiger and I refuse to tell you any more details. Lock er up!

And for the record, you are the only poster in this thread that can make this request. I don't believe you really want it closed though.. so it shall remain.

I don't care to know what Tiger is in rehab for... Even if it was for all the bad things we can think of.. Perscription drugs, alcohol?, sex addiction, steroids???, homosexuality???? (he is in the US - I'm sure there are rehab centers to make you not be Gay)... Whatever - I don't care.

Fantasy09
Apr 5, 2010, 08:43 PM

Thoughts?
He told me personally that he went there to reattach his "driver" which was chopped off by his wife just before the car accident.:D

Torontonian
Apr 5, 2010, 08:54 PM
I just want it noted that I find it hard to believe that my topic is beating a dead horse... it's not like I am talking about Michael Jackson in a golf forum...

Fantasy09
Apr 5, 2010, 08:56 PM
I just want it noted that I find it hard to believe that my topic is beating a dead horse... it's not like I am talking about Michael Jackson in a golf forum...
Why, you are getting 3 pages of responses.:p

P25
Apr 5, 2010, 09:03 PM

Please - do a search on Tiger Woods with threads since this all started. This topic has been discussed over and over. People first wanted a statement, and that wasn't good enough. Then they wanted him to answer questions, so he did that too. Nope - not good enough again. They wanted a less scripted interview, and they wanted him to address his relationship with Dr.Galea, and STILL - there are things people whine about. The guy is a public figure who has a private life - he has every right to remain as private as he wishes.

Feel free to continue discussing though.