PDA

View Full Version : Billy Payne's Statement on Tiger...

Pages : [1] 2

shankuverymuch
Apr 8, 2010, 10:22 AM
Surprised nobody posted a thread on that....

What do you think ?

unskinnybop99
Apr 8, 2010, 11:05 AM
I read it. My thoughts:

-HYPOCRITE. Why? He stated Tiger should be a role model for young people. FYI, Augusta does not allow women. Thirty years ago, colored skin people could not join Augusta. That Augusta is some role model. NOT!

Billy Payne is old school, out of touch with society and should be ashamed of himself for bringing up Tiger's personal life. What does Tiger's personal life have to do with Augusta Golf Club? Why not mention Fred Couples divorces or Ernie Els autistic son. Some people were surprised he brought up Tiger at all in his speech. What a loser.

setter02
Apr 8, 2010, 11:09 AM
Billy Payne is old school, out of touch with society and should be ashamed of himself for bringing up Tiger's personal life.

Agreed, they all see Tiger for what he is to them, $ signs, nothing more. The fact that some speak out is just silly.

I would love to see Woods bring up the same facts you stated above.

Ger63
Apr 8, 2010, 02:22 PM
Tiger won't say a thing about the dressing down he received because he needs the Masters more than the Masters needs him. I thought it was great that someone in the golf world finally let him have it with both barrels.

Some of you people just don't get it, which is fine, it's a free country. But don't tell the rest of us that how he conducts himself off the course doesn't matter, because it does.

setter02
Apr 8, 2010, 02:27 PM
But don't tell the rest of us that how he conducts himself off the course doesn't matter, because it does.

It doesn't, just like what you do off the course, after work, after logging off doesn't matter to any of us, it is HIS LIFE, HIS, get it through your heads... :cookoo:

Ger63
Apr 8, 2010, 02:52 PM
It doesn't, just like what you do off the course, after work, after logging off doesn't matter to any of us, it is HIS LIFE, HIS, get it through your heads... :cookoo:

I'm not going to even attempt to explain the obvious to you, but let me ask you this, would you be comfortable explaining to someone like your daughter or mother why you hold Tiger in such high regard?

setter02
Apr 8, 2010, 02:55 PM
I'm not going to even attempt to explain the obvious to you, but let me ask you this, would you be comfortable explaining to someone like your daughter or mother why you hold Tiger in such high regard?

Because of his golfing accomplishments, as that is all that I see him as, a golfer. I couldn't care less, just like most on this forum what he does. You people really are silly.

You seem to think that I have it somehow backwards that I don't live my life through others, enjoy missing YOUR LIFE because you take tabloids too seriously... Who cares what he did, he's just a guy who made bad choices and people like you want to crush him. Give your head a shake...

Ger63
Apr 8, 2010, 02:58 PM
Because of his golfing accomplishments, as that is all that I see him as, a golfer. I couldn't care less, just like most on this forum when he does. You people really are silly.

You seem to think that I have it somehow backwards that I don't live my life through others, enjoy missing YOUR LIFE because you take tabloids too seriously... Who cares what he did, he's just a guy who made bad choices and people like you want to crush him. Give your head a shake...

ok buddy, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

setter02
Apr 8, 2010, 02:59 PM
ok buddy, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I wouldn't even agree about that with you...

Ger63
Apr 8, 2010, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't even agree about that with you...

Suite yourself, makes no difference to me.

Bellyhungry
Apr 8, 2010, 03:03 PM
Tiger won't say a thing about the dressing down he received because he needs the Masters more than the Masters needs him. I thought it was great that someone in the golf world finally let him have it with both barrels.

Some of you people just don't get it, which is fine, it's a free country. But don't tell the rest of us that how he conducts himself off the course doesn't matter, because it does.

The Masters have to make a statement to satisfy the public. Billy Payne did it after all the storms were over because it would have the least jolt factor.

They knew that, Tiger knew that. Some of the public knew that.

If the Masters truly want to 'reprimand' Tiger, they would have bar him from entering The Masters which is an 'Invitational' tournament.

setter02
Apr 8, 2010, 03:04 PM
Suite yourself, makes no difference to me.

But Tiger seems to make a difference to you, interesting! Did he personally hurt you? Did you lose money on him because he played poorly and you blame his 'habits' now that you know about them for the lose.

No one, and I mean no can tell him that he is so horrible and deserves to be scrutinized for the rest of his life, especially from people like you, who he owes nothing to.

Please re-write if need be as I'm sure it will go down as a personal attack.

Ger63
Apr 8, 2010, 03:06 PM
The Masters have to make a statement to satisfy the public. Billy Payne did it after all the storms were over because it would have the least jolt factor.

They knew that, Tiger knew that. Some of the public knew that.

If the Masters truly want to 'reprimand' Tiger, they would have bar him from entering The Masters which is an 'Invitational' tournament.

I don't know, coming out with the kind of harsh words they used the day before the tournament started, it seems like they were purposely sending a message.

Ger63
Apr 8, 2010, 03:09 PM
But Tiger seems to make a difference to you, interesting! Did he personally hurt you? Did you lose money on him because he played poorly and you blame his 'habits' now that you know about them for the lose.

No one, and I mean no can tell him that he is so horrible and deserves to be scrutinized for the rest of his life, especially from people like you, who he owes nothing to.

Please re-write if need be as I'm sure it will go down as a personal attack.

I've purchased Tiger products in the past so I disagree. Don't like it? Too bad.

setter02
Apr 8, 2010, 03:10 PM
I don't know, coming out with the kind of harsh words they used the day before the tournament started, it seems like they were purposely sending a message.

Getting supposedly 'ripped' by a old southern white guy the day before the tournament is him doing nothing but ranting like people on this forum. Just the fact that because of his position, he has the opportunity to do it.

No message was sent, as Belly mentioned, its an invitational tournament, don't allow him entrance and see what kid of a response it would garner.

setter02
Apr 8, 2010, 03:12 PM
I've purchased Tiger products in the past so I disagree. Don't like it? Too bad.

OMG, your one of those people who actually purchase items because of who uses them, pathetic, did you think they would make you a better player?

I actually didn't think they existed. I think there are 5-6 guys here with some prime real estate in Florida to sell you if your interested.

Ger63
Apr 8, 2010, 03:14 PM
Getting supposedly 'ripped' by a old southern white guy the day before the tournament is him doing nothing but ranting like people on this forum. Just the fact that because of his position, he has the opportunity to do it.

No message was sent, as Belly mentioned, its an invitational tournament, don't allow him entrance and see what kid of a response it would garner.

No message sent? Ok

Ger63
Apr 8, 2010, 03:15 PM
OMG, your one of those people who actually purchase items because of who uses them, pathetic, did you think they would make you a better player?

I actually didn't think they existed. I think there are 5-6 guys here with some prime real estate in Florida to sell you if your interested.

I not nearly half as worked up as you. Is this your shtick?

setter02
Apr 8, 2010, 03:17 PM
I not nearly half as worked up as you. Is this your shtick?

Now, absolutely, your a unicorn, didn't think they existed, I'm still in awww :eek:

Ger63
Apr 8, 2010, 03:19 PM
Now, absolutely, your a unicorn, didn't think they existed, I'm still in awww :eek:

I don't even know what that means. Are you incapable of debating an issue without resorting to personal attacks?

setter02
Apr 8, 2010, 03:20 PM
No message sent? Ok

What impact did it make? Tiger is still playing golf, so that couldn't have been it. Tiger will play in any event that he chooses, so no effect there. Tiger won't lose any money because of what he said, no effect there. Tiger still means more to golf then Payne does, no effect there.

Tiger won't even think about what he said, just like all the other crap others are saying. Words from an old bigot, racist man in an organization won't bother him. If anything, feel bad for Payne!

setter02
Apr 8, 2010, 03:21 PM
I don't even know what that means. Are you incapable of debating an issue without resorting to personal attacks?

Of course I can, but its hard to discuss anything with people who think the world revolves around them and their chit doesn't stink. I mean really.

Tiger owes you something because you bought some Tiger endorsed items, dear god...

I'm here for discussion and entertainment, just as golf is. Just that so many others care to go on and on about things other then golf, like where Tiger slept last night.

Ger63
Apr 8, 2010, 03:26 PM
Of course I can, but its hard to discuss anything with people who think the world revolves around them and their chit doesn't stink. I mean really.

Tiger owes you something because you bought some Tiger endorsed items, dear god...

I'm here for discussion and entertainment, just as golf is. Just that so many others care to go on and on about things other then golf, like where Tiger slept last night.

Ok, you get the last word. Are you happy little fella?

setter02
Apr 8, 2010, 03:28 PM
Ok, you get the last word. Are you happy little fella?

Nah, I'm sure others will read the discussion, find some humor in it and post something else, then it'll all start up again.

Leftygolfer30
Apr 8, 2010, 03:33 PM
Nah, I'm sure others will read the discussion, find some humor in it and post something else, then it'll all start up again.

I'm finding it funny :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

setter02
Apr 8, 2010, 03:34 PM

I knew I couldn't be the only one ;)

just123123
Apr 8, 2010, 05:24 PM
TIGER....WOW!

blade_runner
Apr 8, 2010, 05:38 PM
Old school definitely, he's on his way out and younger guys who have open minds will take over. Payne's statements will be forgotten and will probably not even make it as a footnote in history compared to Tiger. Billy who??

grayrhino
Apr 8, 2010, 07:18 PM

+1, good stuff, found this interesting as well...

Letter to Jesse James

You Dummy! You cheated on Sandra Bullock?

How in the world can you be so stupid? You are married to one of the most beautiful women in the world; she has a body to die for, and her current wealth and predicted wealth is shadowed only by Oprah, who even Steadman will tell you, isn't attractive.

But your wife, who recently beat out Julia Roberts in the polls and is now the named "America's Sweetheart"; you also remember she just won an Oscar (which translates to more money per picture she makes in the future)...while you were shagging with that tattooed freak, who just happens to be a former stripper and is someone's mommy.

You are really a piece of work! You are the most hated a**hole cheater on the planet! And while the State of California is a no-fault state whereby you may be able to take half of your wife's wealth, in doing so you would only be hated even more...especially after Sandra speech during the Oscars in which she did nothing but praise you. How can you live with yourself after she even cared for your children?

I only have one thing to say to a despicable, miserable, cheating piece of c*ap that you are:

Thank You!! You really helped to take the heat off of of me. Lets do lunch sometime and compare notes.

~Tiger Woods

Bellyhungry
Apr 8, 2010, 08:11 PM
+1, good stuff, found this interesting as well...

Letter to Jesse James

You Dummy! You cheated on Sandra Bullock?

How in the world can you be so stupid? You are married to one of the most beautiful women in the world; she has a body to die for, and her current wealth and predicted wealth is shadowedonly by Oprah, who even Steadman will tell you, isn't attractive.

But your wife, who recently beat out Julia Roberts in the polls and is now the named "America's Sweetheart"; you also remember she just won an Oscar (which translates to more money perpicture she makes in the future)...while you were shagging with that tattooed freak, who justhappens to be a former stripper and is someone's mommy.

You are really a piece of work! You are the most hated a**hole cheater on the planet! And while the State of California is a no-fault state whereby you may be able to take half of yourwife's wealth, in doing so you would only be hated even more...especially after Sandra speechduring the Oscars in which she did nothing but praise you. How can you live with yourselfafter she even cared for your children?

I only have one thing to say to a despicable, miserable, cheating piece of c*ap that you are:

Thank You!! You really helped to take the heat off of of me. Lets do lunch sometime and compare notes.

~Tiger Woods

Had you caught a glimpse of Sandra Bullock at the recent Academy Awards red carpet show, you would have understood why her husband strayed.

WILL
Apr 8, 2010, 08:33 PM
Add me to the D bag list that still respects and cheers for Tiger Woods.

Because of his golfing ability, in case you're stupidly incapable to recognizing the simple fact. He's the best player ... ever. I don't care WTF he does outside the ropes. IMHO, his life outside the ropes is none of your F'n business.

Ignatius Reilly
Apr 8, 2010, 08:44 PM
Old school definitely, he's on his way out and younger guys who have open minds will take over. Payne's statements will be forgotten and will probably not even make it as a footnote in history compared to Tiger. Billy who??

While Tiger is and will be a bigger figure in golf history, Chairman of Augusta National is nothing to sneeze at. One of the reasons the Master is a big deal is because it's old school. I'm not sure there is a lot of young guns in the AGNC membership. It's just not set up that way.

landlord
Apr 8, 2010, 09:12 PM
When I was young I thought older people were narrow minded. Now that I'm older I realize I had it backwards.

landlord
Apr 8, 2010, 09:57 PM
Billy Payne can say what he said because he is not a role model. Many members indulge as Tiger put it.

Becoming a hypocrite is something that happens to most as they get older too.
Well you have a lot to look forward to then.

I don't think hypocrisy gets worse with age. It's probably true that you get better at not getting caught though.

'Nuff with the generational sniping.

For my money, Billy Payne said exactly what needed to be said, and moreover did it in a caring manner. He loves Tiger, but Tiger needs to figure this out or it's no more Masters.

Is there better tough love than that?

TourIQ
Apr 8, 2010, 10:01 PM
What do you think ?Can you cut and paste what he said, for the benefit of those who did not hear it :D

pillpickleson
Apr 8, 2010, 10:16 PM
Can you cut and paste what he said, for the benefit of those who did not hear it :D

Go to the thread ....posted there....That's personal. Thank you

Leftygolfer30
Apr 9, 2010, 12:08 AM
Can you cut and paste what he said, for the benefit of those who did not hear it :D

Try Google and find it yourself :D

hoganapexplus
Apr 9, 2010, 07:28 AM
It was inevitable that it would be one of the first things brought up so he took the initiative and came out with a statement.
I think he was right on with his comments. Does Augusta have some issues that they need cleared up, absolutely. I think their unique position in the golf world gives them the pull to make the statement.
As for Tiger Woods the golfer, I am in awe of his talent. Tiger Woods the public figure, and that's what he is, who has portrayed himself both in ads and interviews as a family man of impeccable values, not so much.
How about that 30 foot draw around the trees for a bird!!

Bellyhungry
Apr 9, 2010, 07:30 AM
....For my money, Billy Payne said exactly what needed to be said, and moreover did it in a caring manner. He loves Tiger, but Tiger needs to figure this out or it's no more Masters.

Is there better tough love than that?

Absolutely agree. :thumbs_up

RCCHGA
Apr 9, 2010, 09:01 AM
Ger63 & setter02 - milk and cookies are now being served in the playpen..!

Ger63
Apr 9, 2010, 09:13 AM
Ger63 & setter02 - milk and cookies are now being served in the playpen..!

lol, thanks RC.

hogannut
Apr 9, 2010, 12:29 PM
Did anyone hear this from yesterday?

Apparently one of Tiger's security thugs went up to a patron yesterday inquiring if she was one of Tigers's ex-skank's. Why does Tiger get to have private security guards, that prance around like Mr T, and supposedly harrasing one of the patrons.

If this was true and I was one of the Masters organizers I would be pretty p/o'd.......VERY p/o'd. These guys who run the tournament pride themselves in running the classiest pro sports event on the face of the planet, and if one of my customers/patrons were getting hassled by a players private security guards I'd be pretty upset.

His speech happened before the incident, so not saying he knew this was going to happen, but down south those "good ol' boys" don't appreciate anti-social behaviour and he made that pretty clear, even if it was a bit backwards in the delivery.

Just another example of how Tiger's personal business spills over into the public domain.

Bellyhungry
Apr 9, 2010, 12:33 PM
Did anyone hear this from yesterday?

Apparently one of Tiger's security thugs went up to a patron yesterday inquiring if she was one of Tigers's ex-skank's. Why does Tiger get to have private security guards, that prance around like Mr T, and supposedly harrasing one of the patrons.

If this was true and I was one of the Masters organizers I would be pretty p/o'd.......VERY p/o'd. These guys who run the tournament pride themselves in running the classiest pro sports event on the face of the planet, and if one of my customers/patrons were getting hassled by a players private security guards I'd be pretty upset.

His speech happened before the incident, so not saying he knew this was going to happen, but down south those "good ol' boys" don't appreciate anti-social behaviour and he made that pretty clear, even if it was a bit backwards in the delivery.

Just another example of how Tiger's personal business spills over into the public domain.

The securities are provided by the Masters. Stop jumping to conclusion just because you hate the guy. Looks like your hatred towards the guy is starting to crowd your judgment.

hogannut
Apr 9, 2010, 12:42 PM
The securities are provided by the Masters. Stop jumping to conclusion just because you hate the guy. Looks like your hatred towards the guy is starting to crowd your judgment.

No......he brought his own security according to what I heard. Regardless, why are they bothering a patron. Even if the patron was an ex-skank it doesn't mean she (or he ....lol:eek::rofl:) should be harrased. If she is behaving appropriately and not making comments why are they hassling her?

I'm sure if you were at the Masters with your wife or daughter you wouldn't be offended by that right?:eek: Some security guy coming up to her asking who she was and if she was a stripper. That is what supposedly happened.

This has nothing to do with my personal opinion on Tiger's off course antics, it is a comment on how and why he is getting (yet again) preferential treatment.

I don't "hate" TIger Woods, I was shocked and disapointed about his 6 year calculated deception to the world, and the hundreds of millions he made off of it. But now that is in the past I think he should simply do his job and play golf.

I just wish he would play golf like the other players, and may the best score win.

Bellyhungry
Apr 9, 2010, 01:19 PM
No......he brought his own security according to what I heard. Regardless, why are they bothering a patron. Even if the patron was an ex-skank it doesn't mean she (or he ....lol:eek::rofl:) should be harrased. If she is behaving appropriately and not making comments why are they hassling her?

I'm sure if you were at the Masters with your wife or daughter you wouldn't be offended by that right?:eek: Some security guy coming up to her asking who she was and if she was a stripper. That is what supposedly happened.

This has nothing to do with my personal opinion on Tiger's off course antics, it is a comment on how and why he is getting (yet again) preferential treatment.

I don't "hate" TIger Woods, I was shocked and disapointed about his 6 year calculated deception to the world, and the hundreds of millions he made off of it. But now that is in the past I think he should simply do his job and play golf.

I just wish he would play golf like the other players, and may the best score win.

If you are bothered by some security personnel at the Masters, you should direct your dissatisfaction to the Masters committee. After all, they have full control inside the gate.

hoganapexplus
Apr 9, 2010, 01:52 PM

Not to jump into the pissing match but...
London's Daily Mail has reported that Woods is planning to have 90 bodyguards surrounding him when he returns to Augusta,
There are going to be approximately 200 security personnel on the grounds already, with another 82 private guards being added in response to Tiger's return.

He will apparently have private security for him along with the usual Masters security.

landlord
Apr 9, 2010, 03:06 PM
Regarding Tiger and the Masters, do you mean to say that they will tell him not to come back if he keeps screwing around everywhere?
Obviously I don't know, and I'm pretty sure it'd be a last resort, but Payne did leave that impression.

setter02
Apr 9, 2010, 05:31 PM
Obviously I don't know, and I'm pretty sure it'd be a last resort, but Payne did leave that impression.

Payne would be gone before Tiger is...

mrvelani
Apr 9, 2010, 06:09 PM
Dumb *** Payne, who does he think he is? How does he go and just go and throw Tiger under the buss like that?

Loved what Charles had to say about it..."And then you have this punk *** Billy Payne that goes on TV yesterday. First of all, he ain't told his kids and grandkids to be like Tiger Woods. Let's not kid ourselves. He ain't tell his kids and grandkids to be like Tiger Woods. For them to get on there and act like he's all Uncle Tom, the master on the plantation, that pissed me off. I wish somebody would just walk up to him and punch him in his face."

Thank you.

landlord
Apr 9, 2010, 07:08 PM
JMO, but I think some of you underestimate the willfulness of the membership of AN. They'll do what they see fit. Tiger's just a golfer.