PDA

View Full Version : Tiger to play at Memorial

Bellyhungry
May 25, 2010, 07:10 AM
(Reuters) - Tiger Woods will return to competition at next week's Memorial Tournament after a layoff due to a neck injury, the Golf Channel reported on Monday.

The world number one withdrew from the final round of the Players Championship on May 9 due to the injury.

Woods will return to action at the Muirfield Village golf course where he has captured four titles and is the defending champion of the tournament, hosted by Jack Nicklaus, the report said.

Woods plans to play in next month's U.S. Open at Pebble Beach where he will pursue his 15th major.

Lefty17
May 25, 2010, 07:14 AM
Good to hear. From what I've read his injury was just rest related. I love The Memorial!!!

Bellyhungry
May 25, 2010, 07:29 AM
Good to hear. From what I've read his injury was just rest related. I love The Memorial!!!

Jack never talks smack about Tiger with respect to his personal failings, so I am sure Tiger is doing it as a gesture of gratitute, among other reasons.

Bravesox
May 25, 2010, 07:42 AM
i like phil, but if he does make it to number one...it should be a short trip.....

dekker
May 25, 2010, 10:45 AM
Jack never talks smack about Tiger with respect to his personal failings, so I am sure Tiger is doing it as a gesture of gratitute, among other reasons.

absolute class and exceptional host who'll make sure he is comfortable.

crunch27
May 25, 2010, 11:08 AM
Which strip club in Columbus will step up and announce their featured acts? :rofl:

pillpickleson
May 25, 2010, 03:40 PM
Which strip club in Columbus will step up and announce their featured acts? :rofl:

lol

Whooo thank goodness his neck is fine, that healed fast......I was so worried. :confused:

Wonder which kid will beat him this time. :D Or no maybe the old Tiger is back mentally on track and no swing coach. Yeah!!!!:)

Samick
May 25, 2010, 06:26 PM

Rest related? I havent been reading or watching anything lately....whats that?

golfnutz
May 25, 2010, 07:07 PM
lol

Whooo thank goodness his neck is fine, that healed fast......I was so worried. :confused:

Wonder which kid will beat him this time. :D Or no maybe the old Tiger is back mentally on track and no swing coach. Yeah!!!!:)

Typical.........from the Troll

golfer437
May 25, 2010, 08:17 PM
Good for golf and TV ratings....Looking forward to seeing him play. It is always exciting when he is in the hunt....

The Troll
May 25, 2010, 08:23 PM
Typical.........from the Troll

Hey!!!!!!!!! What did I do? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

golfnutz
May 25, 2010, 08:33 PM
Not directed at you Mr.Troll, just a pretender.

There is only one real Troll and he is to be held in reverance, all others can be mocked.

WILL
May 25, 2010, 09:19 PM

There is only one real Troll and he is to be held in reverance, all others can be mocked.

And ignored. :p

The Troll
May 25, 2010, 09:27 PM
There is only one real Troll and he is to be held in reverance.

Really? :eek: Cool.

gimme
May 31, 2010, 09:25 AM
From his most recent performances i would guess another missed cut or out of the top 10 .I dont believe this injury thing.I think the guys game is messed up.He doesnt have a swing nor game plan and will probably be winging it.Many missed fairwways will do him in along with less than TW putting abilities.

Bentley01
May 31, 2010, 09:35 AM
From his most recent performances i would guess another missed cut or out of the top 10 .I dont believe this injury thing.I think the guys game is messed up.He doesnt have a swing nor game plan and will probably be winging it.Many missed fairwways will do him in along with less than TW putting abilities.

Shouldn't that be: He'll either miss the cut or finish 4th? While we're at it, Mickelson will either miss the cut or win.:D

gimme
May 31, 2010, 09:40 AM
Shouldn't that be: He'll either miss the cut or finish 4th? While we're at it, Mickelson will either miss the cut or win.:D

..or maybe we could have Phil and TW in the final group on Sunday or maybe Phil will try and get TW's little black book.:eek:

Bentley01
May 31, 2010, 09:53 AM
..or maybe we could have Phil and TW in the final group on Sunday or maybe Phil will try and get TW's little black book.:eek:

I believe he has his own.:eek:

racmbs
May 31, 2010, 09:59 AM

Like father like son.....both equally obsessed with TW.

I guess they have nothing else going on in their lives, such a shame.

Big Shooter
May 31, 2010, 10:11 AM

shades of Miss Wie a few years ago! :$

hogannut
Jun 1, 2010, 11:22 AM
Finally some non-boring golf. Could barely stay awake last weekend with the Senior PGA playoff, and -21 at Colonial was oh so boring to the extent neither tournaments seemed to have generated a thread, but Tiger announces he's playing and there is already 20 posts on a new thread, and I'm the one who is obsessive?

Richd
Jun 2, 2010, 02:11 PM
Finally some non-boring golf. Could barely stay awake last weekend with the Senior PGA playoff, and -21 at Colonial was oh so boring to the extent neither tournaments seemed to have generated a thread, but Tiger announces he's playing and there is already 20 posts on a new thread, and I'm the one who is obsessive?
did you delete the threads you started about those two events?