PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Open Driving Range

Golf94
Jul 19, 2010, 09:57 PM
I was at the canadian open today, and realized that the driving range for the players was not a St.G's, it was at Islington GC.... I found that kind of dumb, however it wasn't my decision.

Does anyone here now, the quickest most convenient way of getting from St.Georges GC to Islington GC Driving Range?

Thanks,

Richd
Jul 19, 2010, 10:15 PM
probably walk might be best

mfparkinson
Jul 19, 2010, 10:57 PM
Shuttles.... going to and from the course / practice facilities.

chriswscoregolf
Jul 20, 2010, 12:40 PM
Shuttles are available for spectators to transport you to and from the golf course to the range.

focal
Jul 20, 2010, 01:28 PM
Shuttles are available for spectators to transport you to and from the golf course to the range.

Everyone we asked said we had to walk. We decided to pass which is a shame.

bigbertha
Jul 20, 2010, 07:48 PM
I took a cab yesterday as I didn't see any shuttles for spectators. On the website it does say there are shuttles. It's not an easy walk. The cab fare with tips was $10 so you can imagine the distance. Only good thing is you are going downhill.

On another note, there is no cost to go see the pros practice and warm up at Islington. Anyone can go in, free of charge.

The Troll
Jul 20, 2010, 09:03 PM
Take the #37 Islington bus for $3. Just takes a couple of minutes.

jimmy57
Jul 20, 2010, 09:18 PM
from their website:
ttp://www.islingtongolfclub.com/
Islington Golf Club is about 3 kms south of St. George's
Riverbank Drive is located one block north of Dundas Street West and off the west side of Islington Avenue. Riverbank Drive is approximately 10 minutes north of the QEW and south of HWY 401. Via public transit, take the #37 bus from inside the Islington subway station. Exit at Chestnut Hills bus stop, cross Islington Avenue to Riverbank Drive, and walk down Riverbank Drive until you reach the clubhouse.
good luck if you're driving.... better bring the bike!

WILL
Jul 20, 2010, 09:31 PM
We walked down there and managed to snag a player shuttle back. :p :hush::shhh: