PDA

View Full Version : What a start for Nick Taylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grass connoisseur
Jul 22, 2010, 08:20 AM
Eagle on the first hole- are you kidding me?

par72
Jul 22, 2010, 08:23 AM
Awesome...Hopefull it leads to good things...this kid can play!

Lefty17
Jul 22, 2010, 09:08 AM
He bogeyed the second thought... :$

bing23
Jul 22, 2010, 09:38 AM
is this on tv or you guys are lucky enuff to be there live?

focal
Jul 22, 2010, 09:51 AM
is this on tv or you guys are lucky enuff to be there live?

we're blindly watching the scores on pgatour.com

Lefty17
Jul 22, 2010, 09:52 AM
we're blindly watching the scores on pgatour.com

I'm reading the play by play on PGATOUR.com it's exciting stuff....:rofl:

par72
Jul 22, 2010, 09:59 AM
What kind of joke is "Shot tracker will return for the Greenbrier Classic"?!?!?!

Sometimes you'd swear Canada was on the other side of the world or something....

focal
Jul 22, 2010, 10:22 AM
What kind of joke is "Shot tracker will return for the Greenbrier Classic"?!?!?!

Sometimes you'd swear Canada was on the other side of the world or something....

I think it's RBC/Golf Canada's choice (pay $$) to have this technology on site...just like it costs a certain amount to have GC show up with on site coverage.

par72
Jul 22, 2010, 10:32 AM
So you are saying the USGA and all other sanctioning bodies pay to have it and the RCGA doesn't?

It was my understanding the technology was owned by the tour. What do i know....

Golden Bear
Jul 22, 2010, 10:36 AM
I don't think shot tracking was available for the U.S. Open or the Masters. I'm not sure about the British OPen ... but maybe the absence of shot tracking is evidence that the Canadian Open has achieved major status! :hyper:

Who knew it was that simple?

NCGA Golf
Jul 22, 2010, 10:40 AM
What play by play are you referring to?

par72
Jul 22, 2010, 10:43 AM
HAHAHA Maybe it is a technology owned by the PGA Tour only?!?!?! I dont know...The british, us, masters and cad open are all hosted by different governing bodies, unlike every other tour event and the pga.

I don't think shot tracking was available for the U.S. Open or the Masters. I'm not sure about the British OPen ... but maybe the absence of shot tracking is evidence that the Canadian Open has achieved major status! :hyper:

Oakbridge
Jul 22, 2010, 11:46 AM

So last year (when they had it) it wasn't a major?

Bentley01
Jul 22, 2010, 12:22 PM
Not sure, but it may have something to do with the CRTC. THe US Open, Masters and British Open have different web sites for tracking scores (from the PGAtour.com, that is).

I remember there was a tournament that had a live video feed of the tournament, but it was not available in Canada - it can't be a technology issue. More than likely the CRTC wouldn't allow it... would take away viewership from the Canadian network.

Of course, there may be other reasons.

mrvelani
Jul 22, 2010, 12:30 PM
Starting to go a bit off topic here guys, how about back to them CDN Players? Dalaet?

Golden Bear
Jul 22, 2010, 12:39 PM
Starting to go a bit off topic here guys, how about back to them CDN Players? Dalaet?Good point. I wonder what Delaet and Weir think about the fact that we can't track their shots on the PGA website?

focal
Jul 22, 2010, 12:50 PM
who is Vance Veazey?

http://www.pgatour.com/players/01/27/55/

par72
Jul 22, 2010, 01:06 PM
You mean Val Venis? the old WWE wrestler from Toronto ;)