PDA

View Full Version : Starting on Number 9?!?!?!

par72
Jul 22, 2010, 10:19 AM
So I figured this morning when I checked the first score card I was seeing a pgatour.com glitch, which happens and is understandable enough. After seeing scorecard after scorecard come in with Hole 9 as their first score I got curious... (c+p'd from pgatour.com):

1 AND 9: While the majority of TOUR events feature players starting on two different tees for Thursday and Friday rounds, this year's Canadian Open provides us with a twist. Instead of teeing off on holes Nos. 1 and 10, players will start rounds on No. 1 and No. 9.
The ninth tee is close to the clubhouse at St. George's while No. 10's teebox is nearly 600 yards away (behind the green of the par-5 9th).

Have I been sleeping? Did everyone else know about this?

Anyone know why there is no ShotTracker this week? Our border guards must be strict on technology....

NCGA Golf
Jul 22, 2010, 10:26 AM
Read about it yesterday. The other issue is that the finish on 8 is close to Islington where the finish on 9 is way away fromt he clubhouse.

Makes sense to solve the flow of golfers.

Rusty
Jul 22, 2010, 10:53 AM
The Golf Channel had the skinny on it last night...tee times are 20 minutes earlier off the 9th to account for playing a 10 hole "back nine".

Rusty

Oakbridge
Jul 22, 2010, 11:44 AM
St. George's is one of those courses where you don't end the front 9 at the clubhouse. For the 'turn' there is a refreshment hut? building? whatever you want to call it to the left of the 12th tee. It's being used as a concessions stand this week.

Beside it is a wooden structure that took me a few minutes to figure out. I believe it's a stand to hold replacement divot fix bottles. Quite a nice looking stand, I wish more courses would offer this.