PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Open field.

Matt1928
Jul 23, 2010, 07:42 AM
I hear a lot of about the field at this year's Canadian Open.

Some say it's one of the best for a secondary type PGA Tourney. some say it's just a little better than a Nationwide.

Any thoughts/opinions?

A lot of names missing but what's in a name when you shoot 62/64

Chambokl
Jul 23, 2010, 08:37 AM
11 of the top 30 in the world is good enough for me...

par72
Jul 23, 2010, 08:43 AM
Very solid field somewhere in the middle of the options you gave.

mrvelani
Jul 23, 2010, 09:46 AM
Some really good players out there, I was happy with the people I got to see as most people don't get to see much of Tiger and Phil anyways.

I did want to meet Vijay though.

Fore Play
Jul 23, 2010, 12:08 PM
It's a good field but not a great field................when you don't have anyone in the top 7 of the world rankings and only 2 of the top 15 there is no way it should be described as a great field.............the withdrawl by Furyk and the Kim injury definitely haven't helped.

This tournament is definitely moving in the right direction..............3 years ago they were at Angus Glen (ugh) and the field was awful...........it has gotten better every year but there is only so much they can do with the date they currently have.

I am a bit worried about next year because the 8 hour time difference between the British Open and Vancouver might scare some of the good players away

Bentley01
Jul 23, 2010, 12:18 PM
Poor Mike... now he's in the running for most honest golfer!

grass connoisseur
Jul 23, 2010, 01:28 PM
Who is Adam Hadwin?? The guy drives it 300 and putts like a champ yet I've never heard his name metenioned until I just took a look at the leaderboard.