PDA

View Full Version : Parking / Shuttle

crunch27
Jul 24, 2010, 07:03 AM
For those who have been there, how has the parking and shuttle service been so far at the Open?

How about the traffic to and from Woodbine?

Oakbridge
Jul 24, 2010, 07:53 AM
For those who have been there, how has the parking and shuttle service been so far at the Open?

How about the traffic to and from Woodbine?
I've been there every day this week, just a couple of hours Monday and Tuesday, 5-6 hours each of Wednesday thru Friday. Shuttle has been a pleasant surprise. I'm in Oakville (Trafalgar Rd.) and I've been averaging 45 minutes from my front door to being on the course.

Return trips have been the same. Longest I had to wait for a shuttle was 5 minutes. Most times they have had buses waiting.

sharkhark
Jul 24, 2010, 07:59 AM
wonder if anyone taking public transit can comment? i am taking that tomorrow to go down.

Big Shooter
Jul 24, 2010, 11:07 AM
we paid $30 and parked 8 houses away on Friday...was worth it to get out quickly...mind you, that same spot will be $50 on the weekend they told us!
...I had a 'pass' from a friend, not 'til we were inside the course did we find out he had a 'volunteer parking pass' we could have used at the public school (not the same school where the shuttle goes) 1 block away (which had maybe 8 cars in it) :(

sharkhark
Jul 24, 2010, 11:46 AM
we paid $30 and parked 8 houses away on Friday...was worth it to get out quickly...mind you, that same spot will be $50 on the weekend they told us!
...I had a 'pass' from a friend, not 'til we were inside the course did we find out he had a 'volunteer parking pass' we could have used at the public school (not the same school where the shuttle goes) 1 block away (which had maybe 8 cars in it) :(
ha ha....little shooter missed it? was it buried in with the passes? that sucks...i am taking the rocket tomorrow....figuratively speaking...

olmanracer
Jul 24, 2010, 11:54 AM
Dependant on the ticket you have (Champions ticket includes parking at Woodbine), general admission no, cost is $10 but includes shuffle to grounds. Presume "red rocket" will get you there but takes longer and might have to walk a little further but you'll be walking all day anyway. Enjoy yourself and watch the magic of these guys.

Big Shooter
Jul 24, 2010, 12:35 PM
ha ha....little shooter missed it? was it buried in with the passes? that sucks...i am taking the rocket tomorrow....figuratively speaking...

Didn't go with Little Shooter, went with other "Steve"
...where did u get tickets?

Bellyhungry
Jul 24, 2010, 01:09 PM
Paid $40 today to park at Princess Margaret. Will do the same tomorrow.

Big Shooter
Jul 24, 2010, 01:18 PM
Paid $40 today to park at Princess Margaret. Will do the same tomorrow.

yup, that's what we did, easy in/out (especially with this weather), and saves a lot of TIME vs. the Woodbine Shuttle!

Section ThirtyOne
Jul 24, 2010, 01:26 PM
Parking along Princess Margaret is sooo worth it, especially if you have 4 or 5 guys in the car. Then it's only 10 bucks per person.

Volunteers cannot park at St Georges Junior school. The volunteer shuttle (from Woodbine) drops them off there though.

olmanracer
Jul 24, 2010, 01:37 PM
We missed the stop where the shuttle bus was and ended up at the St. Georges school (volunteer's bus pickup) and asked for directions back to where we shud have gone. The driver of the volunteer bus was nice enough to give us a ride back to Woodbine as he was close to it anyway. Very nice gesture and he got a nice tip for it. Stuff like that makes your day.

tarheel23
Jul 24, 2010, 07:35 PM
The TTC has worked well with getting to the Open. SOOOO glad I don't have to deal with the shuttle this year. Too bad it is in Vancouver next year, I will miss going. But at least its back to Hamilton in 2012!

Bellyhungry
Jul 24, 2010, 09:39 PM
yup, that's what we did, easy in/out (especially with this weather), and saves a lot of TIME vs. the Woodbine Shuttle!

Parking along Princess Margaret is sooo worth it, especially if you have 4 or 5 guys in the car. Then it's only 10 bucks per person.

Volunteers cannot park at St Georges Junior school. The volunteer shuttle (from Woodbine) drops them off there though.

I arrived early today (8 am) and parked practically next door to the North gate. The household also issued me a receipt for expense purposes.

sharkhark
Jul 24, 2010, 09:43 PM
Didn't go with Little Shooter, went with other "Steve"
...where did u get tickets?
my good bud marco:D

Brucey29
Jul 25, 2010, 06:51 AM
I thought the BMW shuttle was great. Went thursday and had no problems and it was actually done right.