PDA

View Full Version : Duramed Futures Tour rules officials didn't know that.

Maverickping
Jul 27, 2010, 11:19 AM
Ping's Tour-W wedges adhere to the new groove ruling established by the USGA and effective for professional tournaments Jan. 1, 2010.

Too bad the Duramed Futures Tour rules officials didn't know that.

The Futures Tour disqualified Sarah Brown in the final round of The International at Concord tournament for having a non-conforming wedge, but her wedge actually was legal, and was stamped with markings that indicated so. Instead, an official pulled her off the course - not even allowing her to finish the round and then sort everything out.

"We're disappointed that the rules officials at the Futures Tour event took the action they did without properly investigating the situation," Ping chairman and CEO John Solheim said in Golfweek. We've received an apology from the Futures Tour and more importantly, they'll be apologizing to Sarah for the mistake."

Brown, a Futures Tour rookie, was on track to have her best finish of the season before the disqualification.

Albert Hacker
Jul 27, 2010, 11:22 AM
Worse call then that idiot umpire that cost that pitcher a perfect game!? How about that one!?

Officials! :mad:

Bellyhungry
Jul 27, 2010, 11:25 AM
Maybe it is karma payback for her trash talking on Big Break Sandals. Or perhaps the official is not a fan of her character on the show.

Maverickping
Jul 27, 2010, 11:36 AM
I never watched the program and I wasn't even aware of her before this article.
Even if there is a dislike for this young lady, the official(s) have the burden to know the rules and act properly on them.

So much is at stake and especially at this level, this is very wrong and I hope whoever is responsible is taken to task over it.

Maybe it is karma payback for her trash talking on Big Break Sandals. Or perhaps the official is not a fan of her character on the show.

par72
Jul 27, 2010, 11:40 AM
In the two episodes I watched she seemed pretty nice and cute...if nothing impressive on the golf course.

THat was a BS call by the official who should be fired immediately.

The Troll
Jul 27, 2010, 11:50 AM
Amazing that they would pull her off rather then letting her finish and then DQ'ing her if warranted.

Oh, and Sarah Brown is a cutie and my next wife.... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

par72
Jul 27, 2010, 12:01 PM
EXACTLY!!!!! This was one of the things I always respected about golf, there are times when a player would finish their round then come into the official's trailer and have to discuss and incident. Hindsight is 20/20, so I guess a call to the manufacturer or checking the USGA's site while she was continuing her round would have been too tedious.

This does not make the futures tour look very good....

Amazing that they would pull her off rather then letting her finish and then DQ'ing her if warranted.

Oh, and Sarah Brown is a cutie and my next wife.... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Borbor
Jul 27, 2010, 12:10 PM
he's lucky it wasn't Helio Castroneves he dq'd :rofl:

Bellyhungry
Jul 27, 2010, 12:45 PM
Oops....Wrong Sarah Brown, not the BB Sara Brown...

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/sports_impact/photo/sarah-brown-july-2010-headshot-9345d18cbeed1701_small.jpg

setter02
Jul 27, 2010, 03:42 PM
Worse call then that idiot umpire that cost that pitcher a perfect game!? How about that one!?

Officials! :mad:

Really?!?!? A perfect game against pulling a young lady out of a tournament that will likely never make it to the LPGA... Let alone shooting the equivilent -18 through a round of golf...

par72
Jul 27, 2010, 03:44 PM
Agreed...But at least the umpire HAD to make a split second decision.

The fact that the tour official would make such a poor decision so hastily costing someone money and possibly career opportunity is slightly different in it's ramifications and in my mind more egregious.

I'd say the umpire made a BIGGER error though.

Really?!?!? A perfect game against pulling a young lady out of a tournament that will likely never make it to the LPGA... Let alone shooting the equivilent -18 through a round of golf...