Collapse

Bob Hope Chrysler Classic

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Hope Chrysler Classic

A nice early start to more golf this weekend. A five day tournament featuring celebrities and pro's playing together and four different courses. Phil Mickelson is the defending champ and the last 2 guys who won this tournament went on the win the Masters. Who's your favourite this week?

1. Mickelson
    2. Weir
    3. Cink
    "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
    Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
    Winston Churchill

Re: Bob Hope Chrysler Classic

Weir without a doubt! If not, the other lefty!

Comment

I like Parnevik, Durant, Kaye and Phil this week.
      Ottawa Golf Blog

Comment

how come this tournament has 5 rounds?

Comment

4 rounds on 4 different courses with amateurs and celebs, then the cut and final round on sunday. I think there one or 2 more of these 5 rounders
          I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted". ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by noback
            4 rounds on 4 different courses with amateurs and celebs, then the cut and final round on sunday. I think there one or 2 more of these 5 rounders
            can the amateurs and celebs make the cut?

Comment

Originally posted by Mok
              can the amateurs and celebs make the cut?
              I believe they can make the cut. However, they cannot earn any prize money. You are amateur status because you're not a pro. Therefore you dont earn prize money or endorsement money. Celebs, not too sure about. I don't think they can simply because they're not qualified to earn money. Maybe somebody can clarify this.

Justin Leonard pulls off a nice comeback win. Too bad for Ogilvie. Leads for 4 rounds and loses it at the end. Leonard also vaults to #13 in World Cup standings. Wouldn't be surprised to see Leonard become a top 20 player this year. Currently ranked 40th in the world. Is this too much to say too early?
              "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
              Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Focker Singh
                I believe they can make the cut. However, they cannot earn any prize money. You are amateur status because you're not a pro. Therefore you dont earn prize money or endorsement money. Celebs, not too sure about. I don't think they can simply because they're not qualified to earn money. Maybe somebody can clarify this.
                They have their own category for the "pro/am" portion. I beleive the money they win goes directly to their charities, so no problem with their amateur status. Not too sure about if they play all 5 days. I think they stop on saturday and let the boys finish on sudnay
                I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted". ~Author Unknown

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X