PDA

View Full Version : TV coverage

Richd
Jan 28, 2011, 09:55 AM
I was watching a bit of the coverage of the farmers open last night and i found it very unsatisfying. I know they are tryign to spread the Tv time around but I prefer if they were to focus more on specific players...Yesterday Rickie Fowler was hot i think it might have been valuable to show more of him not just the occasional chip or putt.it would be nice to actually see how the players play an entire hole.

an example of the poor coverage was showing dustin johnson tee shot go wide and bounce around on the path hit a few people .then the next time you see him he is back in the fairway hitting his 3rd shot:confused:

Bellyhungry
Jan 28, 2011, 10:04 AM
I'd like to see more tee shots than tap-in putts.

I also would like them showing a pro butchering a hole, no matter how obscure the player is.

Richd
Jan 28, 2011, 10:09 AM
I'd like to see more tee shots than tap-in putts.

I also would like them showing a pro butchering a hole, no matter how obscure the player is.

yes i like to see how they handle adversity ...how they recover.

dekker
Jan 28, 2011, 01:42 PM
I kinda like the drama of the upcoming short putt when they mark the ball a foot or so away. It gets real tense. You all know they can lag, but can they handle the short one?
Let's not waste the drama and present it properly. I want to see the kind of macro camera work that National Geographic does on plants and insects. I want it panning back and forth between the edge of the hole and the moon size ball with those impossibly uniform dimples rolling in slo-mo parting the sea of tree size blades of grass destroying insects in gory wanton destruction as it bends the law of physics and lips out to the long and tremulous Nooooh of the patrons.

Calling it the Farmers Open is bad enough, but dressing up the Blimp into the biggest condom in the sky is just not right.:rofl::rofl:

Habcentric
Jan 28, 2011, 01:44 PM
Watching pros butcher holes is awesome. I loved watching them struggle on the 14th at Pebble last year in the US Open. Zach Johnson's back and forth was epic.

Borbor
Jan 28, 2011, 07:23 PM
I was watching a bit of the coverage of the farmers open last night and i found it very unsatisfying. I know they are tryign to spread the Tv time around but I prefer if they were to focus more on specific players...Yesterday Rickie Fowler was hot i think it might have been valuable to show more of him not just the occasional chip or putt.it would be nice to actually see how the players play an entire hole.

an example of the poor coverage was showing dustin johnson tee shot go wide and bounce around on the path hit a few people .then the next time you see him he is back in the fairway hitting his 3rd shot:confused:

:rofl:

then when the networks show Tiger's every shot, we get people *****ing about it.

:rolleyes:

AlfaGolfer
Jan 28, 2011, 08:03 PM
I kinda like the drama of the upcoming short putt when they mark the ball a foot or so away. It gets real tense. You all know they can lag, but can they handle the short one?
Let's not waste the drama and present it properly. I want to see the kind of macro camera work that National Geographic does on plants and insects. I want it panning back and forth between the edge of the hole and the moon size ball with those impossibly uniform dimples rolling in slo-mo parting the sea of tree size blades of grass destroying insects in gory wanton destruction as it bends the law of physics and lips out to the long and tremulous Nooooh of the patrons.

Calling it the Farmers Open is bad enough, but dressing up the Blimp into the biggest condom in the sky is just not right.:rofl::rofl:

You're HIRED!!!:lightbulb :mobile_ph:plane::money:

dekker
Jan 30, 2011, 11:51 PM
Oh God, I can't wait for the Waste Management Phoenix Open.:rofl:

Big Shooter
Jan 31, 2011, 02:21 AM
Oh God, I can't wait for the Waste Management Phoenix Open.:rofl:

Charley Hoffman's gonna be busy for that one!

Lefty17
Jan 31, 2011, 08:57 AM
Why does it take 30 mins to complete 3 mins of a blowout basketball game???

Richd
Jan 31, 2011, 09:32 AM
watching the coverage yesterday i didn't even realize AK was in the same group as Bubba until the last hole LOL

RiskyBusiness
Feb 2, 2011, 09:53 PM
Thank you! Thought I was hypnotized waiting or something.

- RB.

Big Shooter
Feb 3, 2011, 01:34 AM

Thank you! Thought I was hypnotized waiting or something.

- RB.

'cause it wasn't one of Your Teams! :p

Bellyhungry
Feb 6, 2011, 04:30 PM
Are they going to be able to finish the Phoenix tourney today?

I think Phil is not happy that he is going to miss the Superbowl kickoff.

Ignatius Reilly
Feb 6, 2011, 05:14 PM
Are they going to be able to finish the Phoenix tourney today?

I think Phil is not happy that he is going to miss the Superbowl kickoff.

They won't finish today. Final group will have about 4 holes to play tomorrow. Coverage to switch to Golf Channel at 6 until sunset (8-ish). I think they said GC will show play tomorrow at 11 AM?

ninja
Feb 6, 2011, 11:29 PM
Looks like ALL the fans have gone to watch the big game. Almost surreal to watch...maybe a dozen people in the stands at 16.

Big Shooter
Feb 7, 2011, 12:46 AM
Looks like ALL the fans have gone to watch the big game. Almost surreal to watch...maybe a dozen people in the stands at 16.

...will be interesting to see how many fans are there on Monday!?

Lefty17
Feb 7, 2011, 12:12 PM
Phil with some pretty poor shots... In the water on 17... Left hazard again.

Gainey in the water on 17 end up making 7. From -17 to -14 and out of the tourney.

Pretty tight finish coming.

Richd
Feb 7, 2011, 12:35 PM
wonder if Phil mailed in today....

Lefty17
Feb 7, 2011, 12:40 PM
wonder if Phil mailed in today....

Looked like a bunch of guys did.. Phil and Haas being the two main guys.

Lefty17
Feb 7, 2011, 01:08 PM
Mark Wilson Player of the Year??? :help::wink:

Bellyhungry
Feb 7, 2011, 09:14 PM
Mark Wilson Player of the Year??? :help::wink:

Sure in for the US President Cup team. Too bad it is not Ryder Cup year.