PDA

View Full Version : Ouch ..catty

Richd
Feb 8, 2011, 11:44 AM
WestwoodLee

Breaking news! Omeara/woods win in Dubai . 1 win in 18 months! http://yfrog.com/h2d8ponj
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone
:rofl::rofl:

vijay
Feb 8, 2011, 12:51 PM
He is probably trying to get a twitter response from Tiger!

Tiger has been ignoring Westwood and Poulter on twitter!

rankoutsider
Feb 8, 2011, 01:23 PM
He's peeved because even with so little to show in the last year and a half, Tiger is still the lead story on Golf Channel and the main draw. Westwood is kind of hoping that the winners and, you know, good golfers, might get some attention too. I can see why he gets panned for such and outrageous assertion.

Still and all, you would expect big Lee to learn Sergio's lesson from a few years ago: remember who remains the conductor on the gravy train of pro golf. Kaymer, Westwood, McDowell and McIlroy are great players, but Tiger keeps the purses high.

Richd
Feb 8, 2011, 01:33 PM
lee is off to a slow start this year ...64th +MC ..he should keep his head down

rankoutsider
Feb 8, 2011, 02:10 PM
But Lee isn't trying to instill himself in that position, so his results are not what this is about. Rather, he has taken on the role of spokesman for the Euros on tour, and, I guess, as watchdog for the golf media that is too stuck on Tiger, in his view.

I am not defending Westwood's comments, but don't think that his stats are really at the heart of this "campaign" from Lee.

Richd
Feb 8, 2011, 02:29 PM
was he beating the same drum when he was #30? or is this new found camaraderie?

Kace
Feb 8, 2011, 02:53 PM
You guys are worse than those housewives from some hell hole on TV.

"Oh no, Westwood stated the obvious when he said '1st win in 18 months'...he's so gonna get it from Tiger!!!"

Richd
Feb 8, 2011, 03:25 PM

"Oh no, Westwood stated the obvious when he said '1st win in 18 months'...he's so gonna get it from Tiger!!!"
orange county is not a hell hole:D

Kace
Feb 8, 2011, 03:43 PM
orange county is not a hell hole:D

Jersey?

Richd
Feb 8, 2011, 03:49 PM
oh i forgot about them..monday isn't tv night

Borbor
Feb 8, 2011, 04:00 PM
Jersey?

worse than a hell hole

a **** hole :rofl:

rankoutsider
Feb 8, 2011, 04:03 PM

But how is this not simply replicating the habit you are denouncing? Isn't "you **** are worse than **** with the way you do X,Y, and Z" just about the only staple line on those shows?

Kace
Feb 8, 2011, 05:14 PM
But how is this not simply replicating the habit you are denouncing? Isn't "you **** are worse than **** with the way you do X,Y, and Z" just about the only staple line on those shows?

Yup...the ironing is strong in my post. :(

rankoutsider
Feb 9, 2011, 09:36 AM
Yup...the ironing is strong in my post. :(

Seems more like self-contradiction than "ironing" but whatever you say...

par72
Feb 9, 2011, 10:29 AM

How many wins does Westwood have on the last decade on the PGA tour? That seems more relevant.

Appreciate Lee pointing out Tiger's struggles though, I had absolutely no IDE he wasn't playing well and thought there was still a deserving world #1.

Westwood needs to prove it or shutup. It takes a pretty big man take shots at a guy when he's down. Where wad Westwood for the past 15 years?!?

golfnguru
Feb 9, 2011, 11:19 AM
How many wins does Westwood have on the last decade on the PGA tour? That seems more relevant.

Appreciate Lee pointing out Tiger's struggles though, I had absolutely no IDE he wasn't playing well and thought there was still a deserving world #1.

Westwood needs to prove it or shutup. It takes a pretty big man take shots at a guy when he's down. Where wad Westwood for the past 15 years?!?

I think it is good-natured ribbing, not a "shot"

par72
Feb 9, 2011, 11:25 AM
I think it is good-natured ribbing, not a "shot"

I wonder if Tiger feels that way.

It is tough to gauge tone sometimes on the internet, but good natured ribbing is done towards a friend.... Not broadcast to tens of thousands of haters.

oNe16tH
Feb 9, 2011, 01:43 PM
I think Westwood and Poulter have already come out and stated that they...as the English say..."get on" with Tiger.

Tiger is notorious for busting balls so I think its pretty funny that Lee & Pults are doing it in the public forum.

In my opinion the banter and ribbing is a sign of a friendship but what do I know

Lefty17
Feb 9, 2011, 02:04 PM
I think Westwood and Poulter have already come out and stated that they...as the English say..."get on" with Tiger.

Tiger is notorious for busting balls so I think its pretty funny that Lee & Pults are doing it in the public forum.

In my opinion the banter and ribbing is a sign of a friendship but what do I know

I'm in a agreement. Tiger is one of the biggest ribbers on tour from what I've heard.

Darren Clarke has also added his name to the twitter mix... the guys is just as funny as Poults, Westwood and the rest of the Euros.

Guys it tour players having fun joking around with each just like we all do with our buddies at the course... it's no different. If you don't do it you should try it!!!

par72
Feb 9, 2011, 02:35 PM
I'm in a agreement. Tiger is one of the biggest ribbers on tour from what I've heard.

Darren Clarke has also added his name to the twitter mix... the guys is just as funny as Poults, Westwood and the rest of the Euros.

Guys it tour players having fun joking around with each just like we all do with our buddies at the course... it's no different. If you don't do it you should try it!!!

If that's the case I understand where you guys are coming from. I like the friendly banter too... I don't like people taking shots cuz it's convenient. If this really was friendly then it was funny for the same reasons I thought it offensive.

golfnguru
Feb 9, 2011, 03:55 PM

And one of the most intense.

http://graphics.condom.com/Images/400JPG/CWT-INTR-12R_400.jpg

Weirfan
Feb 10, 2011, 08:08 AM
looks like Westwood wiping his arse with Tiger today:hush:

Kaymer also 4 shots better through 17

Bellyhungry
Feb 10, 2011, 08:20 AM
I wonder if anyone knows what the appearance fees payout is like?

Did Westwood get paid more than Tiger now that he is #1? What about Kaymer? Was Phil even offered?

Richd
Feb 10, 2011, 08:23 AM
not everybody get appearance money. This is a big event on the European tour..i suspect they would not have to pay regular tour players appearance money.

Bellyhungry
Feb 10, 2011, 08:27 AM
not everybody get appearance money. This is a big event on the European tour..i suspect they would not have to pay regular tour players appearance money.

I figure Tiger is the only one getting appearance fee?

No Poulter, no Casey either.

Richd
Feb 10, 2011, 08:31 AM
I figure Tiger is the only one getting appearance fee?

No Poulter, no Casey either.

No i don't Think its only tiger...I think there is a bit of money to be spread around ..but the others are not getting Tiger kind of money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-1355347/Tiger-Woods-going-motions-Dubai-Desert-Classic.html

Bellyhungry
Feb 11, 2011, 09:25 AM
No i don't Think its only tiger...I think there is a bit of money to be spread around ..but the others are not getting Tiger kind of money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-1355347/Tiger-Woods-going-motions-Dubai-Desert-Classic.html

3M appearance fee? That is more than first prize money.

Richd
Feb 11, 2011, 11:11 AM
LOL

McIlroyRory

@Theprincedc thanks DC! surprised you're still on here talking. Thought you'd be sulking after a 72!?

face to face ribbing

Mule56
Feb 11, 2011, 11:26 AM
looks like Westwood wiping his arse with Tiger today:hush:

Kaymer also 4 shots better through 17

Who wiped who today? :eek:

Weirfan
Feb 11, 2011, 11:58 AM
Who wiped who today? :eek:

yep, Tiger shot a great round today, low round I think.

Great to see Sergio playing extremely well so far , has not made worse than par in 36 holes, 1 back of the leader and 3 up on Tiger.

hbassi
Feb 11, 2011, 12:48 PM
Tiger hit the ball better during round 1, more fairways and greens. But he scrambled like the Tiger of old in round 2. Still leaving some chips to far for comfort. But he is putting good.

hbassi
Feb 12, 2011, 03:34 PM
Who's going to wake up at 3 am to stream this tomorrow?