PDA

View Full Version : Westwood, Kaymer, Woods paired for Desert Classic

wilson
Feb 8, 2011, 01:21 PM
Bring it!
Who chokes hardest? Westwood or Woods?
Kaymer beats both at close of play Friday by 3 strokes is my 2c.

DUBAI, Feb 8 -- World number one Lee Westwood, number two Martin Kaymer and number three Tiger Woods go head-to-head in the first two rounds of the Omega Dubai Desert Classic in what promises to be an absorbing battle in the sun when the European Tour event gets under way at the Emirates Golf Club on Thursday.

Bwadd
Feb 8, 2011, 01:22 PM
I agree, Kaymer takes them both down!

dekker
Feb 8, 2011, 01:33 PM
Only if Westwood and Woods do a mano a mano contest that lets Kaymer off the hook to play his own game. He has to get his blinders on.
Anyway it will be a terrific stage for anyone of them.

SeanFTW
Feb 8, 2011, 01:43 PM
Great weekend of golf up ahead. Top 3 players on one side of the world, Pebble Beach tourny on the other. I don't about you guys, but I'm excited to sit in front of my tv for the majority of the weekend.

Weirfan
Feb 8, 2011, 01:59 PM
Bring it!
Who chokes hardest? Westwood or Woods?
Kaymer beats both at close of play Friday by 3 strokes is my 2c.

of the 3 Kaymer may be playing better of late , but Woods and Westwood are "more seasoned" to handle the situation.

Woods has the most to prove ( after his last dismall showing) and arguably the most to gain by a good showing.

IMO Tiger should be the one who digs deeper this weekend and prevails over the other 2. Whether or not he can exorcise the mental demons that seem to be plaguing him enough to win the tournament outright, who knows but I would think a top 5 placing is almost a guarantee?

Bellyhungry
Feb 8, 2011, 03:07 PM
A pairing that Finchem would kill for at The Players.

Anyhow, I hope all 3 miss the cut. :D

Weirfan
Feb 10, 2011, 08:43 AM
Westwood and Kaymer get the better of Tiger in round one at least

Golden Bear
Feb 10, 2011, 08:49 AM
I love that they grouped all three together.

Kaymer is, in my opinion, the best player in the world right now, and I expect/hope he'll soon be the world's number 1 (a position he could hold for a while). I'm rooting for him to win this Big Three showdown.

I'm not sure what he has to do to pass Westwood this week, but I'm assuming there's an opportunity to do so.

Looks like they're pretty tight right now -- Tiger eagled 18 to make things close between the three. It would be great if they could be all even after tomorrow and carry the threesome over to the weekend.

Of course, Rory went and stole the show today with a 65.

Richd
Feb 10, 2011, 08:50 AM
Westwood had a nice round..but a bogey on the last.
Tiger pulled close with a eagle on the last.

nice to see Sergio in the mix

scottypro
Feb 10, 2011, 02:31 PM
Let's not forget McIlroy...... If he wins he probably will climb up the ladder too. But i do agree that Kaymer is the guy to beat.

Bellyhungry
Feb 11, 2011, 07:43 AM
The cat is back on the prowl....

Weirfan
Feb 11, 2011, 10:05 AM

heckuva round today

Bartender
Feb 11, 2011, 09:38 PM
hmmm, Woods and Garcia should be playing 'quite' well by early April...

swingpure
Feb 12, 2011, 09:29 PM
I have been watching this match and has actually been pretty exciting. It's amazing after the start Tiger had that he is within a shot of the lead. You barely saw Kaymer and Eastwood on the coverage today. It should be interesting to see how Tiger and Garcia do paired up together and how the leaders do with a Tiger on their tail.

mpare
Feb 13, 2011, 08:14 AM
ALERT - DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW SOME OF THE RESULTS.

Tiger, Sergio and Rory certainly botched up their last rounds. Tiger in particular was not stellar during is last two rounds, shooting 72 and 75. He and Mike Weir have more in common than having won the Masters. They can't play on the weekends.

bwield
Feb 13, 2011, 09:21 AM

Tiger, Sergio and Rory certainly botched up their last rounds. Tiger in particular was not stellar during is last two rounds, shooting 72 and 75. He and Mike Weir have more in common than having won the Masters. They can't play on the weekends.

Mcilroy with 75 and 74 was even worse.
Guess he cannot play on weekend either.

mpare
Feb 13, 2011, 09:36 AM
It's contagious.

Mcilroy with 75 and 74 was even worse.
Guess he cannot play on weekend either.

abz-pete
Feb 13, 2011, 09:45 AM
Might be the one and only time "the cat" features in a world no. 1, 2, & 3 grouping. Check out his weekend scoring average... how the mighty have fallen!

Weirfan
Feb 13, 2011, 10:26 AM

I guess they should all retire too:rofl:

Tiger craps the bed huge in the final round of the first two tourneys of his big comeback

Lefty17
Feb 13, 2011, 10:53 AM
Boy after seeing Westwoods second on 18 today... :eek::help:

Only missed the green short by 40 yards. Get practicing and eaze up on twitter.

Didn't see much of Kaymer this weekend but I don't see much different other then swing in Tiger's game from last year. Still struggling to make those putts he use to make without thinking and still hitting some poor irons and tee balls.

Bellyhungry
Feb 13, 2011, 12:30 PM
Boy after seeing Westwoods second on 18 today... :eek::help:

Only missed the green short by 40 yards. Get practicing and eaze up on twitter.

Didn't see much of Kaymer this weekend but I don't see much different other then swing in Tiger's game from last year. Still struggling to make those putts he use to make without thinking and still hitting some poor irons and tee balls.

To many of the top pros, anything before the Masters are kind of like their pre-season.

I expect Phil and Westwood to round into form when it matters. Tiger is still trying to put 4 good rounds together. He is currently getting 2/3 out of 4.

Tanner
Feb 13, 2011, 04:09 PM

the difference is tiger makes the weekends

Weirfan
Feb 13, 2011, 06:15 PM
the difference is Weir has class

fixed it for you ...you likely have not read about today.

Sky Sports commentator Ewen Murray delivered a verbal volley at Woods when, after missing a par putt, he spat on the green.
"You look at his work ethics and he is a credit to the game and an inspiration to all of those who are trying to become professional golfers," Murray said.
"But there are some parts of him that are just arrogant and petulant. Somebody now has to come behind him and maybe putt over his spit. It does not get much lower than that."

Bellyhungry
Feb 13, 2011, 06:23 PM
Next up for Woods is WGC Match Play.

Does not look good.

Richd
Feb 14, 2011, 08:59 AM
Does Tiger have the yips?