PDA

View Full Version : EA Sports Tiger Woods PGA Tour:12...a sell-out by ANGC ?

shankuverymuch
Apr 4, 2011, 08:23 AM
What do you think ?

Topher
Apr 4, 2011, 09:02 AM
It about time they let people experience the course who will never have a chance to even stand on their grounds.

Although I wonder if by letting people have this type of access to the course will take away some of the interest in the course. It may not seem to be as big of a mystery or what have you. Previously you only really good a look at the course once a yr. now anyone can play it 24/7.

The one thing about this game that kills me tho, is if you want to play have the courses on tour in the game, you have to shell out an extra $40 for the course and if you didn't buy the collectors edition you also have to pay an extra $15 for the courses that were include with CE but not the reg game.

so $120 for a tiger woods video game? not worth it.

P.S. I did buy the game not knowing this and so here I am but I think this will be the last time I buy it new. going to start buying it second hand or from the bargain bins after they have been out for a yr.

shankuverymuch
Apr 4, 2011, 09:13 AM
I just find it interesting that and "organization" like Augusta National who still doesn't allow female members because of "tradition", would get involved in a venture like this...

pdl16
Apr 4, 2011, 09:55 AM
I just find it interesting that and "organization" like Augusta National who still doesn't allow female members because of "tradition", would get involved in a venture like this...

Great comment. It looks like even tradition now has a price.

pdl16
Apr 4, 2011, 10:14 AM
Perhaps ANGC is falsely advertising itself?

I recently purchased some cigarrettes in Alabama and the header promised "Tobacco use can make you Impotant" and I still don't feel any more important than I did before I smoked them.

Oh well if Tiger Woods, Augusta National, Tobacco and TGN.COM are my only addictions than I feel I am definitely "Winning"

http://shakeyourheadsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/charlie-sheen-winning-tshirt.jpg

Kace
Apr 4, 2011, 11:09 AM
The one thing about this game that kills me tho, is if you want to play have the courses on tour in the game, you have to shell out an extra $40 for the course and if you didn't buy the collectors edition you also have to pay an extra $15 for the courses that were include with CE but not the reg game.

so $120 for a tiger woods video game? not worth it.

P.S. I did buy the game not knowing this and so here I am but I think this will be the last time I buy it new. going to start buying it second hand or from the bargain bins after they have been out for a yr.

What? Are you saying that you're upset because EA added four events on the Tour that you can play DLC courses in?

These four events aren't mandatory, you don't lose anything by not purchasing the DLC and skipping them. You can still continue on with your season on the Tour without playing those four events.

It's great that EA gave you the option to use some of the DLC courses in the offline Tour. People have been asking for this for a while now and when EA adds that option people get upset. :cookoo:

Just imagine that the offline Tour has 16 events and you won't be complaining.

As far as Augusta, golf is golf. The game of golf doesn't care whether you have an exclusive membership at Augusta and are the owner of some billion dollar corporation or if you live pay cheque to pay cheque and only get to play once a month at some $25 track. In the end, Augusta is still ONLY a golf course and the game of golf should be enjoyed by everyone.

longirons
Apr 4, 2011, 11:44 AM
not sure if this should have its own thread but apparently there is now an onlin application form for the possibility of some tickets for the 2012 masters..

http://www.masters.com/en_US/tickets/index.html