PDA

View Full Version : Tom Watson peeing in the Bushes...Disrespect?

callawayguy
Apr 11, 2011, 12:08 PM
After having seen this on the TMZ.com website I'm wondering what to think of it. I've been known to have a whiz in the bushes at almost any course, as long as there isn't anyone around to see it. I wouldn't think to do that when I played at St. Georges!

Do you think the Augusta members would care at all, or would this be a BIG NO NO?

http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/10/tom-watson-the-masters-golf-star-legend-peeing-on-green-fairway-urinating-picture/

mirak
Apr 11, 2011, 12:14 PM
Who cares... We ALL do it !!

Better to pee in the bushes, than on his pants

cmsgerr
Apr 11, 2011, 12:15 PM
Funny stuff, guess he's not wearing Depends yet... lol

vijay
Apr 11, 2011, 12:28 PM
When you gotta go, you gotta go!

Give the guy a break! He is old!

He is providing nutrition to the plants, not disrespecting them.

SeanFTW
Apr 11, 2011, 01:09 PM
What I want to know is how in the world Tom Watson made it on to TMZ. And why do the TMZ people care about an old golfer peeing in bushes? Shouldn't they be chasing around Paris Hilton?

ace in the hazard
Apr 11, 2011, 01:13 PM
go take a look at the men's washroom at glencairn...all pics of golfers, famous and not, peeing (thankfully from behind)

Ignatius Reilly
Apr 11, 2011, 01:52 PM
I remember playing once, just once, when a guy didn't pee in the bushes.

I thought it was an offering we had to make to the golf gods. Given my scores, I should probably re-think that....

AlfaGolfer
Apr 11, 2011, 02:10 PM
Phil did too, but he took his caddy. :D

Lefty17
Apr 11, 2011, 02:12 PM
Phil did too, but he took his caddy. :D

Someone needs to talk to him about the lie and wind direction.. :D

cmsgerr
Apr 11, 2011, 02:15 PM
He really should have been carrying the UroClub:

ncjYnLgxyCI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.uroclub.com/

AlfaGolfer
Apr 11, 2011, 02:16 PM
Someone needs to talk to him about the lie and wind direction.. :D

I think that's why he took bones in there with him. :rofl:

ace in the hazard
Apr 11, 2011, 03:29 PM
I think that's why he took bones in there with him. :rofl:

well let's hope it wasn;t for club selection...

wlorcb
Apr 11, 2011, 03:32 PM
He really should have been carrying the UroClub:

ncjYnLgxyCI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.uroclub.com/

That's a riot.

Where's the female version?:p

laps
Apr 11, 2011, 04:12 PM
we all pee in the bush when we play, heck my wife does it too. The thing with Watson, is that he is not IN the bush, he is peeing on a bush but is still in plain sight. He should have made an effort to at least go in a few yards.

Big Shooter
Apr 12, 2011, 02:28 AM
we all pee in the bush when we play, heck my wife does it too. The thing with Watson, is that he is not IN the bush, he is peeing on a bush but is still in plain sight. He should have made an effort to at least go in a few yards.

I agree, especially at a place where you gotta know there's cameras around!
...more than a little embarrassing for Tom,
and you know how up-tight The Master's folks are!! :nono:

Ignatius Reilly
Apr 12, 2011, 06:53 AM
I agree, especially at a place where you gotta know there's cameras around!
...more than a little embarrassing for Tom,
and you know how up-tight The Master's folks are!! :nono:

With two green jackets of his own, he IS one of The Master's folks. My guess is that the good old boys there are much the same as the rest of us when it comes to answering nature's call.

golfer437
Apr 12, 2011, 07:43 AM
LMAO I only imagine if Tiger did this how this threat would be so much different...LOL

Golden Bear
Apr 12, 2011, 07:54 AM
Has anyone ever read David Owen's "The Making of the Masters"?

It's a Masters tradition that, during practice rounds, former champions are supposed to take a leak in the bushes after crossing the Hogan bridge.

The tradition is in honour of Hogan himself, who actually peed ON the bridge during his practice round in 1958, when the bridge was dedicated. It was his way of marking his territory.

So, ever since, champions have kept up the tradition, though, for obvious reasons, they elect to pee on a bush near the bridge rather than on the bridge itself. Also, I just fabricated this story, but I'm interested in knowing if anyone was buying it until they got to this last sentence.

Lefty17
Apr 12, 2011, 08:10 AM
LMAO I only imagine if Tiger did this how this threat would be so much different...LOL

There would be a mad search for a women if he did...

cmsgerr
Apr 12, 2011, 11:49 AM
Has anyone ever read David Owen's "The Making of the Masters"?

It's a Masters tradition that, during practice rounds, former champions are supposed to take a leak in the bushes after crossing the Hogan bridge.

The tradition is in honour of Hogan himself, who actually peed ON the bridge during his practice round in 1958, when the bridge was dedicated. It was his way of marking his territory.

So, ever since, champions have kept up the tradition, though, for obvious reasons, they elect to pee on a bush near the bridge rather than on the bridge itself. Also, I just fabricated this story, but I'm interested in knowing if anyone was buying it until they got to this last sentence.

You had me until the peeing on the bridge part... funny stuff!

dale2
Apr 12, 2011, 01:06 PM
Who hasn't peed into the trees when golfing?

Bellyhungry
Apr 12, 2011, 02:15 PM
The Hogan Bridge is where late Augusta chairman Clifford Roberts shot himself. I think no one should pee within the vicinity out of respect. :nono:

Golden Bear
Apr 12, 2011, 02:22 PM
The Hogan Bridge is where late Augusta chairman Clifford Roberts shot himself. I think no one should pee within the vicinity out of respect. :nono:
Are you sure? I thought he shot himself on the par 3 course.

Bellyhungry
Apr 12, 2011, 02:34 PM
Are you sure? I thought he shot himself on the par 3 course.

I recall reading an article/book on the secrets of Augusta National where it was mentioned that he actually did it near the par 3 12th hole, but through times, many assume it was at the par 3 course.

golfnguru
Apr 12, 2011, 03:04 PM
I recall reading an article/book on the secrets of Augusta National where it was mentioned that he actually did it near the par 3 12th hole, but through times, many assume it was at the par 3 course.

But look at this. It is from the Internet and it says "Fact", so this must be true: Way more reliable than some book you got conned into reading. ;)

Fact: Roberts shot himself on the banks of the par-3 course, at age 83, in 1977. Like his mother's death, his suicide was a result of poor health, and he left instructions for an unmarked grave.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1597356-2,00.html

Golden Bear
Apr 12, 2011, 03:28 PM
But look at this. It is from the Internet and it says "Fact", so this must be true: Way more reliable than some book you got conned into reading. ;)

Fact: Roberts shot himself on the banks of the par-3 course, at age 83, in 1977. Like his mother's death, his suicide was a result of poor health, and he left instructions for an unmarked grave.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1597356-2,00.html

See, there's Belly's error. He posted a comment on the internet, which enabled it to pass 1/2 of the sniff test, but he failed to use the word "Fact."

The smart thing would have been to say "True Fact," and then we'd have had no choice but to accept Belly's statement over the one that lazily offered only "Fact."

On a serious note, I can see how the folks at Augusta might encourage people to think the suicide did not take place on the main course; and I can also see how it's more logical that Roberts would have chosen a spot by the Hogan Bridge to end his life. It's the heart of Amen Corner, the most beautiful spot on his beloved course; it makes more sense that he would choose that as the spot for his final moment on earth than the par 3 course.

golfnguru
Apr 12, 2011, 03:38 PM
See, there's Belly's error. He posted a comment on the internet, which enabled it to pass 1/2 of the sniff test, but he failed to use the word "Fact."

The smart thing would have been to say "True Fact," and then we'd have had no choice but to accept Belly's statement over the one that lazily offered only "Fact."

On a serious note, I can see how the folks at Augusta might encourage people to think the suicide did not take place on the main course; and I can also see how it's more logical that Roberts would have chosen a spot by the Hogan Bridge to end his life. It's the heart of Amen Corner, the most beautiful spot on his beloved course; it makes more sense that he would choose that as the spot for his final moment on earth than the par 3 course.

TRUE FACT (verified by snopes ;) The Par 3 was Roberts favourite part of the course.

Good article here on the Par 3 and Roberts death.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1726824-0,00.html

Golden Bear
Apr 12, 2011, 03:43 PM
TRUE FACT (verified by snopes ;) The Par 3 was Roberts favourite part of the course.

Good article here on the Par 3 and Roberts death.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1726824-0,00.html
Damn. There goes my cleverly crafted little conspiracy theory.

Well, someone is going to have to straighten this out so poor old Tom Watson knows where to pee next time.