PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the Tiger Act

Pages : [1] 2 3

Davepm
Apr 11, 2011, 06:58 PM
Okay, Tigers interview after Sunday's round. Anyone else sick of this act? I could care less if he ever plays another round of golf ever. Rory comes out after blowing up, and graciously answers questions from his heart. Tiger gives one word answers and is ignorant in his body language. After all he was through you would think he would have learned to treat people right. He is just an ignorant so and so.

par72
Apr 11, 2011, 07:08 PM
No. He is the ultimate competitor and the announcer was talking like he was 15 shots behind and had shot 74. He's normally pretty good in interviews... Much better with those he likes than those he doesnt but really all the haters will always find something... Haters gonna hate :(

cuonthe1t
Apr 11, 2011, 07:09 PM
I agree Tiger just has no class, total sense of entitlement and it turned me off from day one. Just watched Rory's post round interview and it was refreshing to see a young man that shows some class in defeat, as Jack and Gary always also displayed.

Golden Bear
Apr 11, 2011, 07:12 PM
Great news! The tiger act is over!

Oh, sorry. I thought this thread was going to be about Siegfreid and Roy.

mr.pinchy
Apr 11, 2011, 07:16 PM
Okay, Tigers interview after Sunday's round. Anyone else sick of this act? I could care less if he ever plays another round of golf ever. Rory comes out after blowing up, and graciously answers questions from his heart. Tiger gives one word answers and is ignorant in his body language. After all he was through you would think he would have learned to treat people right. He is just an ignorant so and so.

He has no problem answering questions (unless it's private) in pre-tournament conferences,

I believe someone already mentioned this in another thread, but at that time, Tiger had the clubhouse lead, and he wanted to stay focused as much as he can, priorities, right?

Give this guy a break, he's already pissed off about even-par back nine, lol.

Pingnut
Apr 11, 2011, 07:16 PM
I could care less what he has to say. But I'll be happy to watch Tiger charging up the leaderboard any weekend.

Golden Bear
Apr 11, 2011, 07:17 PM
Seriously, though, I don't know why people are making a big deal about it. I didn't have a problem with it .... I just thought his mind was elsewhere. He was, after all, the clubhouse leader, only one stroke behind Scott, with a playoff a very real possibility. He had to be aching to get to a TV to see if he needed to start warming up.

pix40
Apr 11, 2011, 07:19 PM
tiger thought he was still in the race, botton line, he was still thinking of the next shot.. You could see it during the interview...

Golden Bear
Apr 11, 2011, 07:22 PM
If it's me, and I think I might have more golf to play, I duck the interview with a polite, "I'll talk to you later."

pix40
Apr 11, 2011, 07:24 PM
If it's me, and I think I might have more golf to play, I duck the interview with a polite, "I'll talk to you later."

agree.. but that wouldnt happen..and i think him saying "i need to eat" was just that...

Weirfan
Apr 11, 2011, 07:27 PM
tiger thought he was still in the race, botton line, he was still thinking of the next shot.. You could see it during the interview...

If that was the case it was wishful thinking .....

more likely and in fact pretty sure Tiger realized that his chances were slim to nil...............he was in the house one behind , and tied with a bunch of others who had several holes left ......including birdie/eagle holes

he knew full well that -10 was not going to do it........and he was right as 2 finished -12 and one -14

he was irritated and pissed to have to give the interview but at least he gave one unlike many other times.....

add to that he was apparently hungry

If Tiger really believed he had a chance he would most certainly have gone to the putting green to fix that "wonky Putter" not the restaurant......he was short because he knew that another Masters had passed him by

racmbs
Apr 11, 2011, 07:29 PM
Fixed...and it's like a TV show.

You don't like? Don't watch.....

pix40
Apr 11, 2011, 07:37 PM

more likely and in fact pretty sure Tiger realized that his chances were slim to nil...............he was in the house one behind , and tied with a bunch of others who had several holes left ......including birdie/eagle holes

he knew full well that -10 was not going to do it........and he was right as 2 finished -12 and one -14

he was irritated and pissed to have to give the interview but at least he gave one unlike many other times.....

If Tiger really believed he had a chance he would most certainly have gone to the putting green to fix that "wonky Putter" not the restaurant......he was short because he knew that another Masters had passed him by

He wasnt 'in the house' yet he just walked off 18 green.. probably had no idea about all the info you accumulated while watching in the comfort of your living room.. amazing what walking off the 18th hole on a sunday at Augusta can do to someone... :rolleyes:

Weirfan
Apr 11, 2011, 07:40 PM
In the house meaning having completed his round and he said he knew he was one back of Adam Scott and in a tie with a group

he most definitely knew knew who and how many groups were behind and where he stood

He wasnt 'in the house' yet he just walked off 18 green.. probably had no idea about all the info you accumulated while watching in the comfort of your living room.. amazing what walking off the 18th hole on a sunday at Augusta can do to someone... :rolleyes:

Leftygolfer30
Apr 11, 2011, 07:51 PM

Since when did you add "mind reader" to your long list of subjects you're an expert on?

YOU have no idea what Tiger, or anyone else for that matter, is thinking - unless they tell you. :rolleyes:

bwield
Apr 11, 2011, 07:54 PM
Ya his "Act" can get tiring.

But, man, some of those questions the guy asked were just plain stupid.

Weirfan
Apr 11, 2011, 08:01 PM
Since when did you add "mind reader" to your long list of subjects you're an expert on?

YOU have no idea what Tiger, or anyone else for that matter, is thinking - unless they tell you. :rolleyes:

Thanks.....many years of schooling and several degrees help

as for Tiger well common sense goes a long way and it doesn't take a mind reader nor a genius to look at the leaderboard and figure out that his chances were slim to none.

but I understand if you didn't see it :rofl::rolleyes:

longirons
Apr 11, 2011, 08:18 PM
was just going through my pvr clearing space and decided to re-watch the interview...

both my g'friend and I are mystified that anyone is complaining about it

hammy1983
Apr 11, 2011, 08:24 PM
Ya his "Act" can get tiring.

But, man, some of those questions the guy asked were just plain stupid.

Thats what I was thinking. Who cares how tiger answered them.
Do you feel you were left yourself in a good position?
People are mad because tiger doesnt respect stupid question. I think its up tot eh interviewer to think of more important questions. Maybe ask what do you plan on doing before your next tourny or something we dont already know the obvious answer for.

Bellyhungry
Apr 11, 2011, 08:30 PM
I did not see the interview so couldn't say for sure until now...

Did a search and found this...

xpvoGg27CzA

1) It's not even close to what the hate parade have portrayed

2) He realized he is one back during the interview...Anyone who have watched the Masters long enough knows anything can happen (ahem Kenny Perry) at the Masters on Sunday until someone posts a better score. To say it was wishful thinking is puzzling to say the least

mr.pinchy
Apr 11, 2011, 08:46 PM

xpvoGg27CzA

2) He realized he is one back during the interview...Anyone who have watched the Masters long enough knows anything can happen (ahem Kenny Perry) at the Masters on Sunday until someone posts a better score. To say it was wishful thinking is puzzling to say the least

LOL, I don't see Tiger giving an attitude, whole Tiger-hating discussions are starting to get even more interesting

sharkhark
Apr 11, 2011, 08:53 PM
i really dont see how anyone can argue...the video is right there...i am a tiger fan overall..but i watched him live yesterday and actually said out loud to an empty room..........WHAT A DOUCHE!
....you dont have to have some huge out there interview etc to stand out as a jerk...it is the sublety in this interview..this short interview that speaks volumes...such self importance and attitude that he is above everyone else...it stands out...he reeks of self importance in such a display...
...i mean come on..the guy had this condescending look even before bill M asked even one question and after that ...saying crap like...i am going to eat i'm hungry then giving a Fruck you look at the interviewer...you can argue all you want he was a condescending jerk...............and this is coming from someone who rooted for him to make the charge complete and win again...so i am no hater.
but throwing clubs...giving interviews and talking down to those that have to try and get a quote out of you while tiger clearly is not doing any of that...to say he was focused etc.....no way..........jerk move on his part......did you see tiger walk off the 18th?
lovers will say he was focussed....haters that he dissed everyone...i say..its what he always does..the exact opposite of phil...he didnt look a single fan in the eye...didnt toss a ball...to a kid...didnt even tip his hat if i remember correctly (to the fans..he took his off for handshakes)...he really is hard to root for.....

tiger...yeah i am one back..we'll see what happens......
again..........
..........again.......
tiger...yeah i am one back..we'll see what happens......yeah i get it...you are one back...ok tigger.............sheesh and i wanted you to win yesterday.......sigh

AverageJoe
Apr 11, 2011, 08:57 PM

xpvoGg27CzA

Luke Donald, Adam Scott, Jason Day and Geoff Ogilvy were all one back.

Each one of them (including Rory who imploded) displayed more class and respect for the same "dumb" questions being asked of Tiger.

I am not a hater nor am I a fan, but when you contrast and compare all the other people "in the house" and "one shot back" with Tiger's interview, it is clear Tiger wasn't the most accommodating or very willing to answer questions which demonstrates a lack of respect for the situation.

In the end, the questions might be "dumb" to us golf nuts who watch golf every day of our lives, but I'm willing to guarantee there are people out there who only watch The Masters or only watched this one tournament their whole lives and to them...well the questions aren't dumb.

Either way, it wasn't that big a deal...just typical Tiger.

Weirfan
Apr 11, 2011, 08:59 PM

true , and if there was only Adam Scott for Tiger to worry about then no doubt my opinion is that he knows he is definitely in it only one back

the reason my opinion is that he probably knew inside that he was done is because in addition to Adam Scott, who was ahead of him, there were 7 other golfers ( not just 1) still out on the course with a very good chance to win.

3 were tied at -10 with him ( Day, Shwartzel, Ogilvy)
2 were at -9 ( Choi and Cabrerra)
2 were at -8 ( Van Pelt and Donald)

all but Ogilvy had 4-6 holes to play and all except Ogilvy still had the easy 15th to play and Cabrerra still also had 13

with that many great players in the hunt and with so many holes left .....he has been around enough to likely know that it would be wishful thinking to have 8 guys ( or in the least the 4 others tied or ahead) collapse...especially with 15 to play

again just my opinion on the matter

to add it was stated in another thread but Peter Kostas did a much better job with his interview of Rory than Bill M did with Tiger and Jeff Ogilvy.....

par72
Apr 11, 2011, 09:00 PM
Phil is also known as the "David Simms" of the PGA tour. I'd rather see a guys raw emotions than phony friendly BS.

i really dont see how anyone can argue...the video is right there...i am a tiger fan overall..but i watched him live yesterday and actually said out loud to an empty room..........WHAT A DOUCHE!
....you dont have to have some huge out there interview etc to stand out as a jerk...it is the sublety in this interview..this short interview that speaks volumes...such self importance and attitude that he is above everyone else...it stands out...he reeks of self importance in such a display...
...i mean come on..the guy had this condescending look even before bill M asked even one question and after that ...saying crap like...i am going to eat i'm hungry then giving a Fruck you look at the interviewer...you can argue all you want he was a condescending jerk...............and this is coming from someone who rooted for him to make the charge complete and win again...so i am no hater.
but throwing clubs...giving interviews and talking down to those that have to try and get a quote out of you while tiger clearly is not doing any of that...to say he was focused etc.....no way..........jerk move on his part......did you see tiger walk off the 18th?
lovers will say he was focussed....haters that he dissed everyone...i say..its what he always does..the exact opposite of phil...he didnt look a single fan in the eye...didnt toss a ball...to a kid...didnt even tip his hat if i remember correctly (to the fans..he took his off for handshakes)...he really is hard to root for.....

again..........
..........again.......
tiger...yeah i am one back..we'll see what happens......yeah i get it...you are one back...ok tigger.............sheesh and i wanted you to win yesterday.......sigh

xrox
Apr 11, 2011, 09:04 PM
The only problem I had with the interview were the questions.

philly63
Apr 11, 2011, 09:05 PM
His is a victim of his father. I consider what his old man did with him a form of child abuse. He is trying to give up the "I am the greatest and anything less than winning is nothing," but the old Tiger comes out a far bit still. I feel sorry for him, but I have to say that I am not a fan of his.

golfnguru
Apr 11, 2011, 09:06 PM
Only thing I noticed was that he either intenionally ignored or misunderstood the second question about whether he is back now, which MacAtee meant in a career sense.

I sensed he had no time for Macatee but no big deal.

Petedv
Apr 11, 2011, 09:06 PM
Fixed...and it's like a TV show.

You don't like? Don't watch.....

Nah ... don't have to cheer for him to watch.
But a big waste of energy to cheer against so sit back and enjoy the theater.

xrox
Apr 11, 2011, 09:10 PM
Phil is also known as the "David Simms" of the PGA tour. I'd rather see a guys raw emotions than phony friendly BS.
I picture Phil after every autograph session whispering under his breath "Damn you people! Go back to your Shanties"

All the while keeping that phony grin nice and wide. :D

sharkhark
Apr 11, 2011, 09:14 PM
i disagree i used to hate phil...his goofy smile when he sunk a good shot...his over the top tipping the hat to the fans....
then i thought...hmmm shark? which is better....a possibly...possibly fake guy who nods to fans...hands out smiles....looks fans in the eyes....gives out a ball with a toss to little kids.....leaves huge tips for everyone (i came into a training store once....years ago to see an excited clean up girl.....phil had just been there and left a $50 US bill for a girl at timmies for cleaning up in oakville)......generally displays class in interviews....etc...etc..

vs...a guy who swears and says fruck constantly...saw it several times yesterday...a guy who i rooted for but from a fans perspective never signs autographs...walks past everyone with not one bit of eye interaction etc...and someone who in interviews when back from the adultery was a bit soft and now is back to....i am me....you are nothing attitude....

..if he is fake...then i will take him...i have changed i like phil now..fake or not...
..and by the way...they showed freddie and phil arm and arm walking up the 18th at the masters not that long ago...and the announcer talked about how they have been life long friends and the fellow admiration was obvious....
so tell me...almost every guy who golfs thinks freddie is a class act and is jealous of his swing and easy going attitude..so if he is such a nice guy...tell me how he would be a life long friend with a complete fake?

answer?.....he wouldnt be......

ps...and so many haters on phil say that he always goes on about himself....has nickname figjam...but i ask you.....how come i am with my fellow golfers sitting have a cold one ...just why is it that as soon as anyone talks about a shot they hit...a good one...they are interrupted by another guy wanting to tell his story about greatness....followed by another interruption......why? CAUSE ...thats what we golfers do....all of us...i have never seen a group of guys that dont interrupt each other as they want to tell THEIR STORY...not hear anyone elses........so phil loves to pontificate about himself and thats such an odd thing.............?...........huh?

landlord
Apr 11, 2011, 09:15 PM
Okay, that's the first I've seen of the interview and ... I don't see the problem. Say what you will, but the game was still on. I thought, if anything, he was fairly accommodating.

FTR, I don't particularly like Tiger and never did.

Petedv
Apr 11, 2011, 09:21 PM
I picture Phil after every autograph session whispering under his breath "Damn you people! Go back to your Shanties"

All the while keeping that phony grin nice and wide. :D

Haters gonna Hate ... :p

xrox
Apr 11, 2011, 09:22 PM
i disagree i used to hate phil...his goofy smile when he sunk a good shot...his over the top tipping the hat to the fans....
then i thought...hmmm shark? which is better....a possibly...possibly fake guy who nods to fans...hands out smiles....looks fans in the eyes....gives out a ball with a toss to little kids.....leaves huge tips for everyone (i came into a training store once....years ago to see an excited clean up girl.....phil had just been there and left a $50 once for a girl at timmies for cleaning up in oakville)......generally displays class in interviews....etc...etc..

vs...a guy who swears and says fruck constantly...saw it several times yesterday...a guy who i rooted for but from a fans perspective never signs autographs...walks past everyone with not one bit of eye interaction etc...and someone who in interviews when back from the adultery was a bit soft and now is back to....i am me....you are nothing attitude....

..if he is fake...then i will take him...i have changed i like phil now..fake or not...
..and by the way...they showed freddie and phil arm and arm walking up the 18th at the masters not that long ago...and the announcer talked about how they have been life long friends and the fellow admiration was obvious....
so tell me...almost every guy who golfs thinks freddie is a class act and is jealous of his swing and easy going attitude..so if he is such a nice guy...tell me how he would be a life long friend with a complete fake?

answer?.....he wouldnt be...... IMO The F'bombs, club throwing, and ignoring the gallery are unwanted byproducts of his focus, intensity, and emotion towards getting the job done. Never ever bothered me. In fact I found it exciting to see some intensity (positive and negative) in what most argue is not a sport.

Phil on the other hand grinds my nerves as he carefully crafts his fan friendly image and then we hear about what a douche he is behind the scenes.

mrusse01
Apr 11, 2011, 09:22 PM

I wrote almost the same thing in another thread.

I'm typically a Tiger fan, I love(ed) seeing him do well...but that interview, and his actions on Sunday just rubbed me the wrong way.

He could have just said "well, in all honesty, I'll probably be lucky to get into a playoff....but I went out there and posted a good score today. It's too bad a few putts got away from me on the back 9 otherwise I think I would have had a real good chance at something special, but I'll go in, try and stay loose, and watch these other guys come in. We'll see what happens".

To just repeat "I'm one back, we'll see what happens"...that's just being a jerk. We KNOW you are one back. A) Do you think that's good enough to win. B) How did your game feel. That's what the interviewer (and everybody else) wanted to hear. Yes, maybe they were poorly worded questions, but how about Tiger helping an interviewer out for once in his life instead of acting like an idiot and pretending to not understand the question, so he just repeats the same short answer 2 or 3 times.

Throw in the CONSTANT whining on the course....I don't mind anger or emotion, but he just acts like a spoiled kid sometimes...and I've finally had enough of him. I'm sick of him acting like he shanked a ball 40 yards wide and it ends up landing in the middle of the green. We get it, you're good, you weren't aiming there, but god man, show some class.

The point that drove the whole thing home for me was watching Rory submit a heart wrenching performance, and actually giving a thoughtful and reasonable interview immediately after he got off the course. This is a 21 year old kid!! Hey just shot an eighty!!! Would anyone here begrudge anybody on The Tour if they declined to take that interview? Also, I didn't see him throw one club, or whine, or swear after a single shot yesterday. I wouldn't have said a bad word about the kid if threw his bag in Rae's Creek after the round he played yesterday, instead he is the epitome of class and grace.

Maybe I'm just getting older, a little more mature, but Tiger's act has certainly wore thin with me.

xrox
Apr 11, 2011, 09:23 PM
Haters gonna Hate ... :pGuilty as charged :$

NickStarchuk
Apr 11, 2011, 09:25 PM
"Tiger, do you feel like you're back..."

Terrible Question.

His attitude changed right there.

mrusse01
Apr 11, 2011, 09:26 PM
Phil on the other hand grinds my nerves as he carefully crafts his fan friendly image and then we hear about what a douche he is behind the scenes.

As opposed to Tiger, who is a douche out in the open, to everyone, all the time?

I don't get the hatred for Phil, the guy seems genuinely nice. I read an article the other day (in Golf Digest I think) about tipping in golf, and there was a story about Phil peeling off $100's for basically everybody.

There seems to be some murky 'stories' (from fellow pros) about how he is an ******* to them. But I'll take a guy who stays late and signs autographs for his fans, tips the average guy working a tough job $100, even if he is jerk to his fellow multi-millionaire competitors.

Petedv
Apr 11, 2011, 09:26 PM

Of course you are entitled to your opinion however where do you get your information from?

xrox
Apr 11, 2011, 09:27 PM
ps...and so many haters on phil say that he always goes on about himself....has nickname figjam...but i ask you.....how come i am with my fellow golfers sitting have a cold one ...just why is it that as soon as anyone talks about a shot they hit...a good one...they are interrupted by another guy wanting to tell his story about greatness....followed by another interruption......why? CAUSE ...thats what we golfers do....all of us...i have never seen a group of guys that dont interrupt each other as they want to tell THEIR STORY...not hear anyone elses........so phil loves to pontificate about himself and thats such an odd thing.............?...........huh?Isn't Jack Nicklaus the worst at this? Every sentence out of his mouth takes a diversion to some moment of greatness from long ago. He does have lots to choose from. :D

Golden Bear
Apr 11, 2011, 09:30 PM
Okay, that's the first I've seen of the interview and ... I don't see the problem. Say what you will, but the game was still on. I thought, if anything, he was fairly accommodating.

FTR, I don't particularly like Tiger and never did.

I just rewatched if and I agree. The questions weren't terribly probing -- they didn't call for long answers. Tiger was tense, but trying to be pleasant, and his last answer (to the "are you going to eat" question) was clearly a joke.

The questions themselves called for short answers. Basically, "can you win?" "are you back?" and "are you going to eat?" If Tiger was going to be curt he could have given one-word answers.

People are really reaching if they're finding anything to complain about.

I dislike Tiger and will always call him on bad behaviour, but I dislike when people pounce on him for imagined offences. The valid complaints lose credibility when there are people who think there was anythimg wrong with that interview.

sharkhark
Apr 11, 2011, 09:30 PM
As opposed to Tiger, who is a douche out in the open, to everyone, all the time?

I don't get the hatred for Phil, the guy seems genuinely nice. I read an article the other day (in Golf Digest I think) about tipping in golf, and there was a story about Phil peeling off $100's for basically everybody.

There seems to be some murky 'stories' (from fellow pros) about how he is an ******* to them. But I'll take a guy who stays late and signs autographs for his fans, tips the average guy working a tough job $100, even if he is jerk to his fellow multi-millionaire competitors.
yep...does this annual event where he donates and raises money for a back to scholl program partnered with i believe walmart (if i remember right?) to give those less fortunate the necessities for books and clothes etc.
even if he is fake...those families are more fortunate for that.....

sharkhark
Apr 11, 2011, 09:38 PM
I just rewatched if and I agree. The questions weren't terribly probing -- they didn't call for long answers. Tiger was tense, but trying to be pleasant, and his last answer (to the "are you going to eat" question) was clearly a joke.

The questions themselves called for short answers. Basically, "can you win?" "are you back?" and "are you going to eat?" If Tiger was going to be curt he could have given one-word answers.

People are really reaching if they're finding anything to complain about.

I dislike Tiger and will always call him on bad behaviour, but I dislike when people pounce on him for imagined offences. The valid complaints lose credibility when there are people who think there was anythimg wrong with that interview.
...GB.....come on man....i think that those in the corner saying that tiger was being a jerk...are saying it based on "how" tiger said "what" he said...not just what he said...
a person can say in a friendly tone...well...i am one shot back...we'll see what happens...with a genuine smile....
..or...
they can say the very exact same words...not a single word different...and say it with a condescending look and the entire inflection of what was said is completely different....nobody is arguing what was said...its "how" he said it and the looks and body language to go with it.....doesnt take a specialist in that dept to see the smugness of tiger....(and keep reminding yourself that this is coming from me who is more of a fan of tiger than a hater and who wanted him to make the come back....i called my mother and found out although not a huge fan she knew i love it and she too had watched and was rooting for him and sad he didnt make it....i dont hate the guy..but the smug look in that interview speaks volumes)

vijay
Apr 11, 2011, 09:39 PM
Ask a stupid question, get a rude answer!

Golden Bear
Apr 11, 2011, 09:40 PM
Isn't Jack Nicklaus the worst at this? Every sentence out of his mouth takes a diversion to some moment of greatness from long ago. He does have lots to choose from. :DJack? Hell no. Jack talks about his great moments because he's always asked about them, but he constantly praises other golfers. He's one of the best for giving other golfers their due. Watch him when he's part of a panel, doing the Memorial Clinic, or giving speeches. It's never about him. He only talks about himself in interviews where he's asked about himself, and even then he gives credit to other golfers. And listen to him when the names of other golfers come up. He always talks about them with great respect.

xrox
Apr 11, 2011, 09:40 PM
Of course you are entitled to your opinion however where do you get your information from?More than a few stories and references about FIGJAM, phony, and the real Phil. I'm sure it is all overblown with some truth to it. He is a good guy, just grinds my nerves. I mean even when he blew the US open he had this terribly forced painful SMILE on his face??? I mean c'mon let it out!!!!!! :D

From the beginning Tiger exuded "Athlete" with his intensity and focus. I had no problem accepting his negative behaviour (on the course:D).

xrox
Apr 11, 2011, 09:47 PM
Jack? Hell no. Jack talks about his great moments because he's always asked about them, but he constantly praises other golfers. He's one of the best for giving other golfers their due. Watch him when he's part of a panel, doing the Memorial Clinic, or giving speeches. It's never about him. He only talks about himself in interviews where he's asked about himself, and even then he gives credit to other golfers. And listen to him when the names of other golfers come up. He always talks about them with great respect.
Oh I watch, and I both agree and disagree. He does constantly praise other golfers (note: Tiger does this as well but to a lesser degree) but he almost always compares, or reminisces, or flat out states his past experiences and accomplishments.

IMO Arnie is the best at controlling himself in this manner :D

vijay
Apr 11, 2011, 09:49 PM
Jack? Hell no. Jack talks about his great moments because he's always asked about them, but he constantly praises other golfers. He's one of the best for giving other golfers their due. Watch him when he's part of a panel, doing the Memorial Clinic, or giving speeches. It's never about him. He only talks about himself in interviews where he's asked about himself, and even then he gives credit to other golfers. And listen to him when the names of other golfers come up. He always talks about them with great respect.

Jack was being asked extremely stupid questions this week about his 86 Masters win!

par72
Apr 11, 2011, 09:50 PM
And I've never liked Phil but really Marvelles at go grey he was with the fans when I was at the Presidents Cup. Just seems that his fellow tour pros feel that its complete and utter BS!

Here's an interesting article detailing how fellow tour pros feel about him ... http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=jo-lefty040809

P.S. He hates old people, children and dogs:p

again..........
..........again.......

then i thought...hmmm shark? which is better....a possibly...possibly fake guy who nods to fans...hands out smiles....looks fans in the eyes....gives out a ball with a toss to little kids.....leaves huge tips for everyone (i came into a training store once....years ago to see an excited clean up girl.....phil had just been there and left a $50 US bill for a girl at timmies for cleaning up in oakville)......generally displays class in interviews....etc...etc..

answer?.....he wouldnt be......

ps...and so many haters on phil say that he always goes on about himself....has nickname figjam...but i ask you.....how come i am with my fellow golfers sitting have a cold one ...just why is it that as soon as anyone talks about a shot they hit...a good one...they are interrupted by another guy wanting to tell his story about greatness....followed by another interruption......why? CAUSE ...thats what we golfers do....all of us...i have never seen a group of guys that dont interrupt each other as they want to tell THEIR STORY...not hear anyone elses........so phil loves to pontificate about himself and thats such an odd thing.............?...........huh?

Chambokl
Apr 11, 2011, 09:55 PM
Throw in the CONSTANT whining on the course....I don't mind anger or emotion, but he just acts like a spoiled kid sometimes...and I've finally had enough of him. I'm sick of him acting like he shanked a ball 40 yards wide and it ends up landing in the middle of the green. We get it, you're good, you weren't aiming there, but god man, show some class.

I was at home watching with one my my friend, an older gentlemen who use to be have a 2 or 3 hdcp. Now he is more like 10 or 11 hdcp and after every shots he whine about something... his hands came in too fast, his left arm was up or down, the lie wasn't good, etc.... so it was my pleasure for me to remind him how he is on the course before complaining about Tiger... we had a good laugh!!