PDA

View Full Version : Rory Goes Low

Bern
Apr 15, 2011, 07:27 AM
Cards a 64. The kids impressive.

jayda
Apr 15, 2011, 10:57 AM
good for him! not bad for first time playing that course, I wish him luck this weekend.

ace in the hazard
Apr 15, 2011, 11:32 AM
it's not sunday yet :rolleyes:

Borbor
Apr 15, 2011, 11:43 AM

nor is it a major

Malibook
Apr 15, 2011, 12:02 PM
I think Rory will have a very good career.
He has already won on the PGA Tour, unlike Monty.

Borbor
Apr 15, 2011, 12:15 PM
You're not saying Monty didn't have a good career I hope.

Malibook
Apr 15, 2011, 01:28 PM
Monty had a great career in Europe and in team play.

But with no majors and no PGA Tour victories, I can't consider that a very good career.

Bwadd
Apr 15, 2011, 01:30 PM

:hyper::rofl::eek:

Bartender
Apr 15, 2011, 01:35 PM
AND...he's not playing with Angel Cabrera.

Richd
Apr 15, 2011, 01:37 PM
AND...he's not playing with Angel Cabrera.

and Tiger isn't making a push up the leaderboard :rofl:

Lefty17
Apr 15, 2011, 01:39 PM
He's taken the blows of the major and is right back at the top... character builder for the kid!!!

dillon1up
Apr 16, 2011, 08:47 AM
Monty had a great career in Europe and in team play.

But with no majors and no PGA Tour victories, I can't consider that a very good career.

I would like to have seen him with a few PGA wins but the major thing is overblown.Who has the better career,John Daley with 2 majors or Monty.
There are a bunch of guys with one major even two but their careers aren't what Monty's has been.

dillon1up
Apr 16, 2011, 08:54 AM
He's taken the blows of the major and is right back at the top... character builder for the kid!!!

Yeah, Rory is the real deal.He will be the next dominator.

Malibook
Apr 16, 2011, 09:42 AM
I would like to have seen him with a few PGA wins but the major thing is overblown.Who has the better career,John Daley with 2 majors or Monty.
There are a bunch of guys with one major even two but their careers aren't what Monty's has been.Of course a major or 2 does not make a great career but they can make a good career great.

Mickelson would have a very good career if he didn't win any majors but the difference in winning some or none is like night and day.

Malibook
Apr 16, 2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah, Rory is the real deal.He will be the next dominator.I think Rory will have a very good career but I don't see anybody playing now who will dominate any time soon, if ever.

It could be several generations before anybody even remotely dominates like Tiger did, if ever.

Weirfan
Apr 16, 2011, 09:49 AM

kid is a phenomenal golfer ...hope he has a long fruitful career

Malibook
Apr 16, 2011, 09:52 AM
I was surprised how long Rory drives the ball.
He was hitting past Cabrera, although Cabrera's fade may have had more carry and less run than Rory's draw, especially at Augusta.

Wish i could putt
Apr 16, 2011, 10:54 AM
Not a Rory fan, to bad on the masters but good on him for this round great comeback has a great future ahead of him..

JoeldMtl
Apr 16, 2011, 06:13 PM
You're not saying Monty didn't have a good career I hope.

I'm a big fan of Rory. Glad to hear he's bouncing back nicely.

As for Monty, he proabably moves the ball better than Rory. Too bad it's not always with his clubs :nono::nono::nono:. Can you say Jarkartagate :mad::mad::mad:. In my books, what he did in that Indonesian Open destroys his credibility as a player to be looked up to.

Bellyhungry
Apr 16, 2011, 09:58 PM
Oh no, here we go again McIlroy :eek:

bagujing
Apr 16, 2011, 10:15 PM
Hope he wins his first major sooner that later.

Bern
Apr 17, 2011, 04:57 AM
Ugh 5 birdies on the back but also a double and a finishing bogey. If he had birdied 18, he would have tied with Manassero.

Maybe Manassero is the new Tiger?

Greywolf
Apr 17, 2011, 05:06 AM
Ugh 5 birdies on the back but also a double and a finishing bogey. If he had birdied 18, he would have tied with Manassero.

Maybe Manassero is the new Tiger?

Not sure about that but the young guy certainly has talent . . . 2nd win on the Euro Tour and still not 18 yet!!

Lefty17
Apr 17, 2011, 09:05 AM
Not sure about that but the young guy certainly has talent . . . 2nd win on the Euro Tour and still not 18 yet!!

His birthday is on Tuesday...

This kid isn't a long hitter either... he's commented about looking for more distance.

I'm impressed more with him then Ryo, Rickie, and most of the other young guns... Rory has contended in majors something the other youngin' haven't done yet.

Bwadd
Apr 17, 2011, 10:27 AM
Wow.... Rory = Choke.... I hope this does not become a regular thing with him. Defintely not doing well on the last round today... 4 back of Manassero, and looking to bogey the 15th par 3...

Manessero looks great this kid is fearless!

Lefty17
Apr 17, 2011, 11:30 AM
I don't like the way he's finished off some tournaments but I'll give him a pass on this one... Watching him the last 9 this kid looked drained of all his energy... alot of factors into this one.

vijay
Apr 17, 2011, 11:43 AM
Rory did well to even contend this week. That short putt on 12 is all that separated him from a playoff.

How good is Manny! Clutch putts....calm demeanor ....

Richd
Apr 17, 2011, 11:55 AM
the media is going to be relentless...they are so eager to label.

longirons
Apr 17, 2011, 01:10 PM
I don't like the way he's finished off some tournaments but I'll give him a pass on this one... Watching him the last 9 this kid looked drained of all his energy... alot of factors into this one.

I agree with this and find myself wondering if he wouldn't have been better off skipping this tournament... though good on him for keeping obligations in any case

Was almost a damned if you do/damned if you don't situation.. had he won people would be talking about how he can get it done in 'off weeks' but not majors and with what happened they may be saying 'another failed finish' and the like

I know he says all the right things but I can't help but wonder if this adds to the scar tissue

Samick
Apr 17, 2011, 01:10 PM
Wow.... Rory = Choke.... I hope this does not become a regular thing with him. Defintely not doing well on the last round today... 4 back of Manassero, and looking to bogey the 15th par 3...

I would hardly call shooting 69 on Sunday 'choking'.

I think you guys are too quick to label somebody as a choker...... would you label yourself that if ever had a great round going and didnt finish well. How many times would that have happened I wonder?

Lefty17
Apr 17, 2011, 01:17 PM
I'd rather shoot 80 on a Sunday then to miss two short putts for par on 17 and 18 to lose a tournament.

Shooting 69 isn't choking.... doing what Robert Garrigus did at Memphis is choking. Doing what Phil did at Winged Foot is choking. Rory had to make birdie on 18 for a playoff. He played to make it not lay up.

rgk5
Apr 17, 2011, 05:50 PM

Hmmm. If you have never been in the position to win any event of stature, I doubt you have any idea of the range of emotions that have to be controlled.

Your mind races, you try to recall similar situations and draw on that experience, but it is never exactly the same. It is easy to sit in front of your screen and label some one a choker but unless you have been there, it is truly subjective.

I remember my first win way back in 1968, where I steered in a twelve footer for par to win by one shot and have no idea if I could do it today.

Richd
Apr 17, 2011, 06:12 PM
rory has good control over his emotions the only sign of frustration was him slamming the sand after that bunker sh0t on 12 today.