PDA

View Full Version : Anybody playing the GT amature tour series

BirdieNumNum
Apr 18, 2011, 01:32 PM
Hi All

Was looking into joining these events, anybody have played them before and willing to share some feedback about organization, pace of play, enforcement of rules.

Lefty17
Apr 18, 2011, 03:15 PM
I know the organized are they are great people do deal with. I've played on the GLT before and everything is organized, pace of play depends on the courses, they do how penalize you for slow play.

ParkPatrol
Apr 18, 2011, 04:00 PM
I hear it's real tough out there. Some 2HC's struggle to break 90. :help:

fulton
Apr 18, 2011, 04:11 PM
I hear it's real tough out there. Some 2HC's struggle to break 90. :help:

16 over their handicap.. Exaggeration? And being tough 'out there' I'm sure it's mostly to do with the difficulty of the course.

P25
Apr 18, 2011, 04:18 PM
I played on it last year a few times. It's well run, and the pace of play is 2nd to none. I plan to play a few events again this year.

AlfaGolfer
Apr 18, 2011, 06:12 PM
I played on it last year a few times. It's well run, and the pace of play is 2nd to none. I plan to play a few events again this year.

:shade::clap:

ParkPatrol
Apr 18, 2011, 07:34 PM
16 over their handicap.. Exaggeration? And being tough 'out there' I'm sure it's mostly to do with the difficulty of the course.

I'm not exagerrating! Maybe they are though. I don't know. You can check the results yourself. Maybe some people don't perform well in tournaments for whatever reason. Who knows.

racmbs
Apr 18, 2011, 07:39 PM
I'm not exagerrating! Maybe they are though. I don't know. You can check the results yourself. Maybe some people don't perform well in tournaments for whatever reason. Who knows.

Or they choose to carry a vanity cap....no clue why they'd do that though, it's basically throwing money away.

racmbs
Apr 18, 2011, 07:41 PM

Of all the courses you played last year (besides Coppinwood), which would you like to go back to and get a "second chance" at?

P25
Apr 18, 2011, 08:03 PM
Planning to sign up for:
Angus North - sets up well for me
Coppinwood - sets up well for me
Wildfire - I think that course can be had by me as it's similar in layout to other McBroom courses I've done well at. This would qualify as my "second chance."

I have to look at the schedule more, but I will likely do 3-5 events.

Leftygolfer30
Apr 18, 2011, 08:29 PM
Planning to sign up for:
Wildfire - I think that course can be had by me as it's similar in layout to other McBroom courses I've done well at. This would qualify as my "second chance."

You definitely need to take another shot at Wildfire. Maybe find yourself a better caddy this time... :wink:

The Troll
Apr 18, 2011, 08:38 PM
Planning to sign up for:
Brantford - 'cuz Troll won't invite me.

Fixed it for ya.

P25
Apr 18, 2011, 08:51 PM
Fixed it for ya.

Sad but true. :cry:

That's on the list as a definite maybe. :D

Borbor
Apr 18, 2011, 09:16 PM
Of all the courses you played last year (besides Coppinwood), which would you like to go back to and get a "second chance" at?

you planning to play in a few events scotty? :D

AlfaGolfer
Apr 18, 2011, 09:28 PM
Planning to sign up for:

There's some great private courses on the schedule you should look at. You can always play Angus and, I think you have access to Coppinwood.

Mad River, Dundas Valley, Whitevale, Meadowbrook, Osler Brook and Pulpit, those you can't get to play everyday. ;)

P25
Apr 18, 2011, 09:32 PM
There's some great private courses on the schedule you should look at. You can always play Angus and, I think you have access to Coppinwood.

Mad River, Dundas Valley, Whitevale, Meadowbrook, Osler Brook and Pulpit, those you can't get to play everyday. ;)

I hear you Brad. I need to control costs though. If I do well early, then I may sign up for others. I don't really like Meadowbrook. Whitevale is one that is also on the maybe list. :)

I love Coppinwood, and don't really have access to it unless I'm invited by a member - something I've been fortunate enough to enjoy a couple of times. :)

AlfaGolfer
Apr 18, 2011, 09:39 PM
I hear you Brad. I need to control costs though. If I do well early, then I may sign up for others. I don't really like Meadowbrook. Whitevale is one that is also on the maybe list. :)

I love Coppinwood, and don't really have access to it unless I'm invited by a member - something I've been fortunate enough to enjoy a couple of times. :)

Okay, then Mad River, Dundas Valley and Pulpit.

Borbor
Apr 18, 2011, 09:45 PM
brad, what's your take on wildfire?

Worth the trek out?

AlfaGolfer
Apr 18, 2011, 09:51 PM
brad, what's your take on wildfire?

Worth the trek out?

I've always been out of town for that event but I hope to play this year. The Tour typically offers a deal for additional play so, it makes the travel more palatable. I understand it to be a very beautiful course; one of McBroom's finest - the nicest in the Kawarthas (although I'm not sure what else is in the region).

Hope to see you there so that we can match each other shot by shot again. At least on a few holes. :D

PingGuy
Apr 18, 2011, 10:44 PM
The GTA Amateur Tour is a fabulously run tour!

Organization - second to none!

Pace of play - round complete in less than 4 hrs. and 10 minutes. Stay or leave as you please but make sure to hang around in the event of a play-off!

Enforcement of rules - just like the Big Show! Guys have been DQ'd for signing improper cards, penalized for pace of play. There are REAL marshall's on the course to assist.

There are opportunities to Test Drive the tour, check out the website.

As B-Rad already noted:clap:

RCCHGA
Apr 19, 2011, 12:49 PM
The GTA Amateur Tour is a fabulously run tour!

Organization - second to none!

Pace of play - round complete in less than 4 hrs. and 10 minutes. Stay or leave as you please but make sure to hang around in the event of a play-off!

Enforcement of rules - just like the Big Show! Guys have been DQ'd for signing improper cards, penalized for pace of play. There are REAL marshall's on the course to assist.

There are opportunities to Test Drive the tour, check out the website.

As B-Rad already noted:clap:

I would like to associate myself with these comments! This tour is first class in every respect. I'll play my usual half dozen events this year and, BTW, Wildfire is an outstanding track, Stunningly beautiful and challenging. Well worth the drive.....!

WILL
Apr 19, 2011, 01:32 PM
Is anyone playing practice rounds?

You would assume most players aren't well travelled anough to have seen every track they might consider including in your schedule. Playing tournaments sight-unseen sure is taxing on your perceived abilities. I would suggest that is a bigger reason people don't score all that great compared to their hdcps.

Another positive feedback for the organizers. :clap: