PDA

View Full Version : poulter/westwood antics..

pix40
May 6, 2011, 06:17 AM
This was on tiwitter yest..

Poulter & westwood put this in McIroys locker this week... I think its halarious.. Some may not...

Playthru
May 6, 2011, 06:31 AM
Does Westwood think he doesnt need it anymore?

Mule56
May 6, 2011, 06:40 AM
Does Westwood think he doesnt need it anymore?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I was going to say neither of them had to look far to find that.

Leftygolfer30
May 6, 2011, 06:42 AM
Does anyone know the addresses of the OG Ryder Cup Team???

WILL
May 6, 2011, 06:48 AM
Does anyone know the addresses of the OG Ryder Cup Team???

Why, you looking to return yours?

Leftygolfer30
May 6, 2011, 07:01 AM

I guess you're still using yours...

mpare
May 6, 2011, 07:14 AM
I guess I'll leave you guys to your own devices. :D

SeanFTW
May 6, 2011, 08:25 AM
I love that they do this, it shows that they can each have a laugh at their own expense. Anyone that can't appreciate the humour in their online banter needs to loosen up.

Kace
May 6, 2011, 08:42 AM
I love that they do this, it shows that they can each have a laugh at their own expense. Anyone that can't appreciate the humour in their online banter needs to loosen up.

Exactly! In order to "choke" one needs to first put themselves in a position to win.

Ignatius Reilly
May 6, 2011, 09:02 AM

Exactly.

I think this shows the difference in how the Euros treat life compared to the US. It's part of what allows them to win the Ryder so often despite having been the weaker side on paper for most of the past few years. They're less uptight and are able to have fun as a team.

Imagine the sound and fury if someone did something like this to Tiger. Inferior equipment? "Nine & eight"?

Pubknight
May 6, 2011, 09:14 AM
One of the things I admire most about the 'euro-tour' guys is there really does seem to be a genuine sense of camraderie.
Part of that perception is the twitter stuff... they all seem to be chatting back and forth all the time. We just don't see, or aren't as aware of, that kind of interaction for the guys on this side of the pond.

Stuff like this prank is golden, and I bet McIlroy got as big a laugh out of it as they did.

SeanFTW
May 6, 2011, 09:29 AM
Stuff like this prank is golden, and I bet McIlroy got as big a laugh out of it as they did.

No doubt about it. These guys know how lucky they are to be playing golf for a living and earning millions of dollars while doing it. They don't take life so seriously like a lot of the americans do. That's just european culture vs north american culture though. They work to live, and we live to work.

Bellyhungry
May 6, 2011, 10:10 AM
I think this underline how retarded the media and the online chat rooms are when they decide to make a big deal about these banters or stick up for one or the other pros.

I recall reading about the losing team in RC competitions joining the winning team partying till the wee hours, while on golf sites, the fans were getting nasty with each others.

Agolf14
May 6, 2011, 10:20 AM
haha mcilroy chirped back saying" you have to make the weekend to use one of those signs. Must be last year's issue"