X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Feherty Show on GC

Great !!!!

Re: The Feherty Show on GC

I thought it was well done too--very informative about his life and Lee's-- also it was quite humourous
    Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
    23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
    6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
    52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
    Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

I liked it. I'll tune in again next week.

Comment

I will watch that again for sure.

I think he is quite a character, and it appears that he will focus on getting guests that can h andle that, and run with it too.

Trevino was great last night, miss him!
        Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
        Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
        Nike 23 degree hybrid
        Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
        Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
        Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Great show last night. I can't believe Lee started golfing at 19, and won his first major at 27, thats pretty wild. Maybe that means I can win a major by the time I'm 34? haha.

It was nice to see Feherty talk about his own struggles, I definitely didn't know that stuff about him. I look forward to adding this to my weekly watching schedule, it's a nice change from seeing Big Break reruns ALL BLOODY WEEK!
          What's in the Taylormade TMX Stand Bag:
          Titleist 910D2 10.5* (w/ Oban Devotion)
          RBZ 3w 15*
          RBZ Tour 3h 18.5*
          Adams CB2 4-GW (KBS Tour 90)
          CG15 52*,56*

Putters:
          Byron Morgan DH89x
          Byron Morgan 611x

Comment

how great is trevino? that guy should have his own show. hilarious as always.

Comment

I have a couple of Feherty's books at home...mostly humourous but he does touch on his "dark side".

This weekend during the GC "Live from the US Open" telecast, one of the regular announcers was gushing over the clubhouse at Congressional..."140 thousand square feet...playground of Presidents...yadda-yadda-yadda". Announcer babble to fill air time and impress the unwashed rabble who will never set foot inside the building. Feherty piped up with: "Yes, I was thrown out of that clubhouse once."

Dead silence from the GC team....he gave them a perfect opening for what could have been a recounting of a very funny....but politically incorrect....incident. They dropped it like a live grenade.

The obvious follow-up would have been: "Really, David? Do tell...what prompted this hurried exit?" Nope...might have offended the pooh-bahs at the USGA...or the moneyed and powerful membership of Congressional.

We will see if David tweeks the noses of the golf aristocracy...or if he tones it down to protect the corporate friends of the GC. As long as the butt of his joking and snide asides is himself, he will be OK. But, I expect that David is looking for a little more journalistic freedom than the GC is willing to grant.

This show may be worth watching to see if a self-styled iconoclast can survive the strait jacket that the producers will want to put on him. Things could get sticky for David in the future.

Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                I have a couple of Feherty's books at home...mostly humourous but he does touch on his "dark side".

This weekend during the GC "Live from the US Open" telecast, one of the regular announcers was gushing over the clubhouse at Congressional..."140 thousand square feet...playground of Presidents...yadda-yadda-yadda". Announcer babble to fill air time and impress the unwashed rabble who will never set foot inside the building. Feherty piped up with: "Yes, I was thrown out of that clubhouse once."

Dead silence from the GC team....he gave them a perfect opening for what could have been a recounting of a very funny....but politically incorrect....incident. They dropped it like a live grenade.

The obvious follow-up would have been: "Really, David? Do tell...what prompted this hurried exit?" Nope...might have offended the pooh-bahs at the USGA...or the moneyed and powerful membership of Congressional.

We will see if David tweeks the noses of the golf aristocracy...or if he tones it down to protect the corporate friends of the GC. As long as the butt of his joking and snide asides is himself, he will be OK. But, I expect that David is looking for a little more journalistic freedom than the GC is willing to grant.

This show may be worth watching to see if a self-styled iconoclast can survive the strait jacket that the producers will want to put on him. Things could get sticky for David in the future.

Rusty
                These are excellent points. I concur.

Overall, very entertaining and worth another watch.

Lee's "1-iron story" was hilarious. Even had my wife laughing..."God himself couldn't even hit a 1-iron."

- RB.

Comment

apropos he should start with Trevino who has a dark side as well.
                  Trevino was a bit of a loner on tour and would spend his time in the hotel after the game. He avoided Augusta not because the course didn't suit him but more that the atmosphere of the place didn't suit him. I think he was afraid someone would toss him the car keys too.
                  That said he has a million stories and should have a show of his own. The best instructional tapes are his and Nicklaus by a long shot.
                  When Lee skirted his hustling past he left out a story of him playing Raymond Floyd before he (Lee) got on tour. They were both playing with other peoples money as they say and the sum was large. Lee clipped Raymond, who left town quickly with his sponsor.
                  Nicklaus thought Lee was the finest shotmaker and specifically requested that Lee partner him at a team event.

All in all a good start for Feherty. Wasn't sure he could pull off an hour show.

Comment

Great Show. Trevino has always been my favorite since he showed up on tour (same age) and Feherty seems to have somewhat of the same sense of humor.

More

Comment

I could watch Feherty all day. It was genius to have Lee Trevino as his first guest. They're both funny, self-deprecating, and insightful. I can't wait for more.

For those of you who never saw Lee Trevino in his prime you really missed something. In 1972 I watched him perform his magic at the Cherry Hills Golf Club in Fort Erie, which was hosting the Canadian Open at the time. He was a marvel to watch. In his interview with Feherty he said that he could control the trajectory of the golf ball. He certainly could. I watched him for over an hour at the range hitting long irons, which he said he couldn't hit. He hit them beautifully. I have written about this before, but it's worth repeating. At one point he was hitting a three iron, I believe. He hit a low draw, followed by a low straight shot, followed by a low fade. He then elevated the trajectory of each of those shots in the next sequence. Finally, he did the same thing yet again except with a much higher trajectory. For each sequence the height of the ball was the same whether he hit a draw, a straight shot or a fade. I will never forget his control of that ball. It was simply beautiful.
                      This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X