PDA

View Full Version : Whose year would you rather have?

Bellyhungry
Oct 24, 2011, 11:38 AM
Luke - money titles both sides of the pond; #1 OWGR; possibly POY

McIlroy - winning US Open in dominant fashion and lived up the the hypes

Keegan Bradley: Only American to win a major this year and since forever; ROY sure-in

Bill Haas - FedEx Cup and $10M

Webb Simpson - just throwing him in there because he had the chances to win both the FedEx Cup and money title till the last day. Bonus: hot wife

SeanFTW
Oct 24, 2011, 11:43 AM
Why WOULDN'T anyone want Luke's year? Winning the money title on both tours, handful of wins, taking over the #1 golfer in the world (and keeping it for more than a couple of weeks), and more than likely Player of the Year. Sure, he didn't win a major, but I'd say he's achieved more than enough.

Weirfan
Oct 24, 2011, 11:44 AM
what no Tiger on the list;)

TheSaxemachine
Oct 24, 2011, 11:45 AM
I voted for Rory. US Open and Caroline Wozniacki? Sounds like a good year to me!

unskinnybop99
Oct 24, 2011, 11:52 AM
I'll take the money.......Bill Haas (10 million bucks...wow!)

Ignatius Reilly
Oct 24, 2011, 12:05 PM
Why WOULDN'T anyone want Luke's year? Winning the money title on both tours, handful of wins, taking over the #1 golfer in the world (and keeping it for more than a couple of weeks), and more than likely Player of the Year. Sure, he didn't win a major, but I'd say he's achieved more than enough.

+1

Great year for sure for Donald - did everything any golfer could want other than a major.

As for Haas and the Fedex - it is not a very prestigious win, although it comes with a (obscene) bucket of money.

Money so far:

Haas: 10 (fedex) + 4 (tour winnings) = $14 million
Luke: 6.7 (pga) + 5.4 (euro tour) = $12 million

With only $2 million difference, I'd want Luke's year for sure - his will be remembered, Haas... not so much.

Wish i could putt
Oct 24, 2011, 12:08 PM
Luke get's my vote..If you watched him play yesterday you see why,was awsome start to finish 10 birdies wow winning both money titles and IMO is POY..

jacuzzi
Oct 24, 2011, 12:17 PM
It's Luke,2011 will be remembered as Luke winning both money lists and doing it in a world # 1 players fashion at the Disney when he needed to do it.Not to mention all the top 10's he had.Too bad he is so colourless.

mccho
Oct 24, 2011, 12:27 PM
Rory, simply because of his character displayed when he went from a devastating Master's performance to come back win at the US Open.

jlewis
Oct 24, 2011, 12:28 PM
luke forsure!

Bern
Oct 24, 2011, 12:32 PM
I'll give you 10,000,000 reasons for my answer.;)

jayda
Oct 24, 2011, 12:55 PM
why not Yani Tseng - guess nobody cares...

Jeffc
Oct 24, 2011, 01:09 PM
why not Yani Tseng - guess nobody cares...

lots of wins, but give me the dough any day.

who's year would I rather have? I'll take the $14M Haas won.

who's year would the pros have? not sure it would be the same answer.

As for Yani, yes, great year, not much $ (relatively speaking of course).

jayda
Oct 24, 2011, 01:12 PM
agreed! Money talks! :D

jayda
Oct 24, 2011, 01:14 PM
btw we should have a new survey: Whose wife/gf would you rather have? :D

P25
Oct 24, 2011, 01:15 PM

Luke wins all around! :D

jayda
Oct 24, 2011, 01:17 PM
Luke wins all around! :D

Simpson still at a close 2nd ;)

Spottswoode
Oct 24, 2011, 01:17 PM

Fred'd new caddie

Ignatius Reilly
Oct 24, 2011, 01:18 PM
agreed! Money talks! :D

lots of wins, but give me the dough any day.

who's year would I rather have? I'll take the $14M Haas won.

I'll give you 10,000,000 reasons for my answer.;)

Wow! No way I'd trade Luke's year for Haas'.

$12 million will buy just about everything you could need or want. $14 million? - not really much more...

petvan
Oct 24, 2011, 01:33 PM
+1

Great year for sure for Donald - did everything any golfer could want other than a major.

As for Haas and the Fedex - it is not a very prestigious win, although it comes with a (obscene) bucket of money.

Money so far:

With only $2 million difference, I'd want Luke's year for sure - his will be remembered, Haas... not so much.

In terms of endorsements, i doubt its close.

Bwadd
Oct 24, 2011, 01:42 PM
Luke all day.... Close to 15mill in earning when converting Euro... POY, W#1, and his wife is also HOT! LOL

Bellyhungry
Oct 24, 2011, 01:59 PM

Money so far:

I am fairly sure those co-sanctioned events' prize money are counted for both the PGA Tour and the Euro Tour.

Luke only played in 4-5 Euro tour events.

Jeffc
Oct 24, 2011, 02:05 PM
Wow! No way I'd trade Luke's year for Haas'.

$12 million will buy just about everything you could need or want. $14 million? - not really much more...

like I said, if it were me I'd rather have $14M than $12M. but if i were a touring pro, money titles on both sides of the atlantic would be special. These guys got more money than god so $ is not an issue, prestige is. Me, I don't.

Ignatius Reilly
Oct 24, 2011, 02:19 PM
I am fairly sure those co-sanctioned events' prize money are counted for both the PGA Tour and the Euro Tour.

Ahhh... good catch. I'm pretty sure you are right. WGC and majors were double counted. I looked it up and TTBOMK Luke is at about $8 million total for the year.

And I'd STILL rather have Luke's year.

I just don't need that much money. Luke's already earned > $24 million lifetime plus whatever he makes from sponsors. I could live happily on that.

Davepm
Oct 24, 2011, 02:37 PM

Agreed but if you take out the so called co santioned events he only played around 5-6 true PGA events as well. And he is still in for the Dubai I believe. Luke will be rewarded handsomely for his year by sponsors, the others, not so much, although still not chump change for them either.

Luke is about to make history, and the kind that may not be replicated again. Luke's year hands down. IMO if you are a true golfer you go with the golf achievements not the money difference.

gilbert
Oct 24, 2011, 05:56 PM
Something we are forgetting is that Luke took over the #1 ranking in the world as well this year at the end of May from Westwood.We tend to assume he was #1 all year long.No,he also accomplihed this feat this year as well.

Big Shooter
Oct 24, 2011, 06:18 PM
I voted for Rory, he coulda/shoulda won The Masters, but kept it together to WIN the NEXT Major!!

This season was a real coming-out-party (pun intended) for him!:cool:

When (if?) Luke wins something IMPORTANT, I'll change my view, but MONEY ISN'T EVERYTHING, especially at HIS LEVEL!

p.s., whatever happened to Kaymer & Gmac!? Even Sergio got more attention this year!!! :cookoo::$

gbrgolf
Oct 24, 2011, 08:37 PM
For obvious reason's I'll take Luke, but I wanted to point out that no one has mentioned sponsorships, bonuses for achievements, outings, and European and worldwide appearance money that Luke has received... trust me, Luke made more $$$$ than anyone on your list.... probably by a good margin!!
Just sayin'

backtee
Oct 26, 2011, 12:09 AM
For obvious reason's I'll take Luke, but I wanted to point out that no one has mentioned sponsorships, bonuses for achievements, outings, and European and worldwide appearance money that Luke has received... trust me, Luke made more $$$$ than anyone on your list.... probably by a good margin!!
Just sayin'

+1 (without question)

gbrgolf
Oct 26, 2011, 08:59 PM
I voted for Rory, he coulda/shoulda won The Masters, but kept it together to WIN the NEXT Major!!

This season was a real coming-out-party (pun intended) for him!:cool:

When (if?) Luke wins something IMPORTANT, I'll change my view, but MONEY ISN'T EVERYTHING, especially at HIS LEVEL!

p.s., whatever happened to Kaymer & Gmac!? Even Sergio got more attention this year!!! :cookoo::$

Hey, I totally agree that Rory's performance at the US Open was amazing and hopefully the start of big things, but as you alluded to... so many young stars have come and gone..... look back at posts from two years ago and check out how many were annointing AK and Camilio as the next superstars!!!
I think you are forgetting about Rory's meltdown and lack of performance for the majority of the year!!
Somehow, I look at WGC events, BMW PGA Championships and the amazing performance at Disney as "IMPORTANT" wins. I also consider consistancy like we have not seen in years as important.
just my thoughts...

gatsby
Oct 26, 2011, 09:11 PM
Bill's bucks will soothe a lot.