PDA

View Full Version : QSchool Round 2- oh what a humbling game.

going4broke
Nov 13, 2011, 11:09 AM
Proof positive that Golf is a very humbling game.
Battling to get their tour card back and about to start Stage II ...

Rich Beem
Shaun Micheel
Lee Janzen

ALL WINNERS OF MAJORS! Lee JAnzen twice ( 2 US Opens in the 90's).

G4B

RiskyBusiness
Nov 13, 2011, 11:53 AM
Love it (the game and the process)...and hopefully these guys can make something special happen again.

- RB.

Lefty17
Nov 13, 2011, 02:15 PM
26 Canadians in 2nd Stage.

I'm hoping half get through to final.

DaveA
Nov 13, 2011, 08:35 PM
Hoping Derek Gillespie gets through. would be a great story considering his accident. Great player, tons of talent

4wedges
Nov 13, 2011, 10:05 PM
Lee Janzen, two time U.S.Open winner, wow. That is great thing about golf, no longbterm, no trade contracts. You earn your way on the Tour.

sikoram
Nov 16, 2011, 04:31 PM
And the last round of Q school on TV is the most compelling TV golf there is! Who can forget the guy who's ball jumped out of the hole on the penultimate hole of the last round of the Q School (Olgilvie??) several years ago signifying that golf can be the cruelest of games.

going4broke
Nov 18, 2011, 08:17 AM
almost forgot ...
Todd Hamilton also in QS stage II.
Former Open Champion!!!
Wow - 4 guys that have won majors all battling for their card.

Shake99
Nov 18, 2011, 09:28 AM
add David Duval to the list

Leaker
Nov 18, 2011, 01:53 PM
add David Duval to the list

When does it start? Adam Hadwin is in it too. I think he is the next Canadian star.

Golftime
Nov 18, 2011, 04:17 PM
Looks like Jim Rutledge is going to qualify for the Seniors Tour. He just birdied to more into 2nd place and is 3 shots clear of the dreaded 6th place. He just keeps plugging along.

Wish i could putt
Nov 18, 2011, 05:10 PM
Hoping Derek Gillespie gets through. would be a great story considering his accident. Great player, tons of talent

Golfed with him a few times this year at our club,can really play made it look to easy..Accident really changed his outlook on the game..Hope he makes it back

Lefty17
Nov 18, 2011, 05:28 PM
Richard Scott has advanced to the Finals out of the Humble site.

Brad Fritsch, James Love have made it out of Texas.

With one round to go...

Gillespe is T-23 in Panama City.
Stuart Anderson is T-3 and Richard Lee is 6th and Wes Heffernan is T-34 in Cali.
Mitch Gillies is T-5 in Florida.

I was hoping for 13 out of the 26 to move on....:$

I could have missed some the are living in the States but I didn't notice many Canadian names.

unskinnybop99
Nov 18, 2011, 05:33 PM
Looks like Jim Rutledge is going to qualify for the Seniors Tour. He just birdied to more into 2nd place and is 3 shots clear of the dreaded 6th place. He just keeps plugging along.

Arguably, the toughest q-school tournament in the world only five get in and Jim did it. What an accomplishment.

going4broke
Nov 18, 2011, 10:04 PM
When does it start? Adam Hadwin is in it too. I think he is the next Canadian star.

Hadwin has been given an exemption by the Tour to go right to the Final Stage and yes, he is a rising star...

Shake99
Nov 18, 2011, 10:36 PM
Richard Scott has advanced to the Finals out of the Humble site.

Brad Fritsch, James Love have made it out of Texas.

With one round to go...

Gillespe is T-23 in Panama City.
Stuart Anderson is T-3 and Richard Lee is 6th and Wes Heffernan is T-34 in Cali.
Mitch Gillies is T-5 in Florida.

I was hoping for 13 out of the 26 to move on....:$

I could have missed some the are living in the States but I didn't notice many Canadian names.
All of the Canadians are listed on Score Golf here is the link
http://scoregolf.com/articles/news/2011/october/pga-tour-q-school-tracker

Lefty17
Nov 20, 2011, 11:26 AM
Only 7 of the 26 Canadian's made it through...:$:(

lilwildhorse
Nov 29, 2011, 11:05 PM
Q-School notables

http://www.golf.com/photos/q-school-notables/david-duval-2011-pga-tour-q-school-notables#ads-top-content

Richd
Nov 30, 2011, 09:01 AM
This highlights the greatness of (current) players like Phil Mickelson , Vijay Singh And Tiger Woods ..those guys are a class above the rest of the pack.

bogey5
Nov 30, 2011, 07:50 PM
the average career at the top level in any sport is probably 3-4years. Golf is probably not that different in that respect

tickyboy
Nov 30, 2011, 07:59 PM
I'm interested to see how those guys do over in europe... played with a few of them before...