PDA

View Full Version : President Cup Live Coverage...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Chambokl
Nov 16, 2011, 10:28 AM
Here is the time of the TV coverage... Starts tonight at 9:30...

prohacker
Nov 16, 2011, 10:50 AM
9:00pm on Golf Channel

Chambokl
Nov 16, 2011, 12:04 PM
9:00pm on Golf Channel

I check the Golf Channel and it says "Live from the Presisdent Cup" from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM and then it is suppose to be "Golf Now" episode 1, 2, 3, etc...

Maybe blackout in Canada??

Pubknight
Nov 16, 2011, 12:58 PM
I check the Golf Channel and it says "Live from the Presisdent Cup" from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM and then it is suppose to be "Golf Now" episode 1, 2, 3, etc...

I think it's more likely that the on screen guide just isn't completely accurate.
Sure hope that's the case at least.
Actually just looked at Chambokl's attachment, that seems to show the coverage on tsn/tsn2.
so hopefully between golf channel and tsn we see the coverage somewhere.

Bellyhungry
Nov 16, 2011, 01:02 PM
Judging from the start time, looks like I am going to miss most of the coverage. :(

jayda
Nov 16, 2011, 02:14 PM
it's on TSN:
http://www.tsn.ca/broadcast/schedule/?channel=tsn&date=11-16-2011&tz=0
9:30 PM 2011 Presidents Cup - Foursome Matches

mokpie
Nov 16, 2011, 03:00 PM
Judging from the start time, looks like I am going to miss most of the coverage. :(

+1 :( anyone needing to get up the next day for work is going to see half the rounds at best.

aznives3
Nov 16, 2011, 03:19 PM
+1 :( anyone needing to get up the next day for work is going to see half the rounds at best.

yay for mountain time!

should just be falling asleep as the round conclude

sharkhark
Nov 16, 2011, 05:30 PM
i plan on staying up............or at least trying. i didnt realize it starts at 9 though....that would be 10pm where i am making it a very late night.......

prohacker
Nov 16, 2011, 06:59 PM

sorry i was out all day but this is my screenshot for time

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3092/golfchannel.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/golfchannel.jpg/)

Ignatius Reilly
Nov 16, 2011, 09:05 PM
Looks like Golf Channel is going to show it... NOW!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Shake99
Nov 16, 2011, 09:09 PM
opening tee shots just off on Golf Channel

mdtgolf
Nov 16, 2011, 09:22 PM
not on my golf channel ?!?!??!?!

Big Shooter
Nov 16, 2011, 09:26 PM
Would be nice if we DO NOT have any SPOILER threads on TGN!!!

Borbor
Nov 16, 2011, 09:38 PM
then don't frigging click in here.

You come on a golf forum, click on a thread with an event title and expect no discussion / spoilers? Come on.

What a chip by Els on #3 :hyper:

cmsgerr
Nov 16, 2011, 09:40 PM

Seriously, nice course knowledge at work.

Shake99
Nov 16, 2011, 09:46 PM
Is here in Florida

Ignatius Reilly
Nov 16, 2011, 10:04 PM

Definitely on GC here in Toronto (Rogers).

Ignatius Reilly
Nov 16, 2011, 10:05 PM

You come on a golf forum, click on a thread with an event title and expect no discussion / spoilers? Come on.

WHAT????? I was too busy reading TGN to watch TV and now you've spoiled my... whole.... life.... ;)

Big Shooter
Nov 16, 2011, 10:08 PM

actually, I don't care!;)

Davepm
Nov 16, 2011, 10:11 PM
Express Vu Gofl channel is golfnow. TSN has the golf

Ignatius Reilly
Nov 16, 2011, 10:15 PM
actually, I don't care!;)

Huh??

Chambokl
Nov 16, 2011, 10:15 PM
Just check Golf Channel here and it is not on... ExpressVu (Bell)... but it is all on TSN...

mpare
Nov 16, 2011, 10:23 PM
If you're watching the coverage, I hope you like golf with your commercials.

Bellyhungry
Nov 16, 2011, 11:21 PM
I was looking forward to seeing Royal Melbourne. But so far I am a bit underwhelmed. Perhaps because I am expecting to see Augusta National or Cypress Point.

Borbor
Nov 16, 2011, 11:25 PM
DJ shart the bed today.

vijay
Nov 17, 2011, 12:28 AM
Tiger and Stricker are getting beaten up. If this was a boxing match the ref would have stopped it a long time ago. Choi is doing his best to help them out, but Scott is turning it on.

Leftygolfer30
Nov 17, 2011, 12:38 AM
Tiger and Stricker are getting beaten up. If this was a boxing match the ref would have stopped it a long time ago. Choi is doing his best to help them out, but Scott is turning it on.

WOW, Tiger and Stricker got their asses handed to them :eek:

neova
Nov 17, 2011, 12:40 AM
Scott/Choi 7&6.. This must be Stevies best day in his life surely!? :rofl:

vijay
Nov 17, 2011, 12:48 AM
WOW, Tiger and Stricker got their asses handed to them :eek:

I wonder what the Tiger fanboys have to say now! Oh wait, I am one of them!

That was a drubbing! Pure and simple! No excuses! Not a single birdie, not a single match!

vijay
Nov 17, 2011, 12:50 AM
Scott/Choi 7&6.. This must be Stevies best day in his life surely!? :rofl:

Stevie is going to j off to his own picture today (Sorry Jim Anderson).

mpare
Nov 17, 2011, 05:40 AM
I watched most of that match. The problem was Steve S. He's not game ready. As for Tiger, he hit a lot of good shots. That said, the Internationals played very well.

Bern
Nov 17, 2011, 06:02 AM
Tough to beat a team who are on track to shoot 60!!:eek: I was surprised to see Day lose.

Bellyhungry
Nov 17, 2011, 07:18 AM
I watched most of that match. The problem was Steve S. He's not game ready. As for Tiger, he hit a lot of good shots. That said, the Internationals played very well.

I stopped watching the coverage after 11 last night and only heard about the result on the drive-in to work this morning. From you just described, seems like Stricker pulled a 'Cristie Kerr' on the US team?

P25
Nov 17, 2011, 07:35 AM

That was my impression from the few holes I watched as well.

Weirfan
Nov 17, 2011, 07:38 AM
I watched it all and while Stricker was a bit off, Tiger was not mistake free either...they both contributed to the loss ..he drove the ball in the rough a few times and missed greens to bunkers as well

shot summary here for those who missed the match
http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/presidentscup/scoring/2011/thur_foursome.html?mn=6

but what monumental defeat 7 and 6 WOW worst I have seen in a long time.

why Freddie would put a guy who is just returning from injury with a guy who has struggled all year is beyond me, unless he was conceding the point ( of course he wasn't but a bad decision IMO with alt shot) .....especially in this format.........today I can see that pairing but not alternate shot.

Stevie looked pretty devastated afterwards ;)

I was shocked to see day and Badds blow their huge lead

overall USA must be very happy with the day 1 result...a commanding lead

Bellyhungry
Nov 17, 2011, 07:43 AM
...overall USA must be very happy with the day 1 result...a commanding lead

Whoa, didn't know that. When I went to bed, the International was ahead like 4 out of the 6 matches.

neova
Nov 17, 2011, 08:30 AM
Very surprised the internationals let two matches slip when being up near the last couple holes. I went to bed when Day/baddley was up by 2 after 16th an thought day 1 would end 3.5 USA 2.5 Int'l.

Bellyhungry
Nov 17, 2011, 08:39 AM
Have they posted the pairings for today yet?

Weirfan
Nov 17, 2011, 08:42 AM
Have they posted the pairings for today yet?

not sure but they better put Tiger with somebody else.......lots of talk pre event that it would be DJ, which I think is a good choice.

Shake99
Nov 17, 2011, 08:46 AM
Hard to pick a partner for Woods. I would put him with Toms needs someone who can find fairways and putt.

longirons
Nov 17, 2011, 08:50 AM
Tiger with DJ and Stricker with Kuchar... starts at 5:30 on the golf channel instead of 7:30 because of weather

Pubknight
If you're watching the coverage, I hope you like golf with your commercials.
No frikkin lie there.
Hope they do a better job with that on a go forward.
There was one stage, early on in the coverage... internationals were up in 3 of the 4 matches that were on course at the time.
Cuts to commercial.
Back from commercial, internationals are up in 1 of the 4.
And no real explanation of what happened... they just put the 'leaderboard' up on the screen.

Thought the coverage yesterday was just horrible.
Watched until about 11pm, then taped the rest (will watch after work).
Really hope they learn as they go and get the coverage a bit better.
Ryder Cup coverage I usually feel like I have a good handle on whats happening in each match.
Yesterday I felt lost.
I'd like to blame the coverage, and not the fact that it was kind of late and I was a little sleepy.

DASSMan
Stricker/Woods pairing was a big fail. Agreed there. They did not play well but also were very unlucky with the good shots they DID make. Freddie's reaction to the Stricker/Woods interview on the big screen pretty much summed it up.

Baddely and Day was a big surprise though. Looking forward to some big excitement/drama tonight. :P

Weirfan
Nov 17, 2011, 08:56 AM
Stricker/Woods pairing was a big fail. Agreed there.

especially after they got pasted in the Ryder Cup 6 and 5 in their last outing.

a horrible decision by Freddie IMO and if they end up losing by a point or less ( and I dont think the US team will lose) this bad decision will have to be one of the ones that is highly scrutinized

Richd
Nov 17, 2011, 09:18 AM
I was looking forward to seeing Royal Melbourne. But so far I am a bit underwhelmed. Perhaps because I am expecting to see Augusta National or Cypress Point.
i'm very impressed by the Australian courses. the really force players to play a variety of shots.

Weirfan
Nov 17, 2011, 09:23 AM
i'm very impressed by the Australian courses. the really force players to play a variety of shots.

I agree it seems to be a perfect mix of Augusta like greens and links style course.

Borbor
Nov 17, 2011, 09:39 AM
Tiger with DJ and Stricker with Kuchar... starts at 5:30 on the golf channel instead of 7:30 because of weather

Tiger with DJ?

Won't be another W for that pairing.

then again it's fourball, hope it pans out better for them. Kuchar is gonna have to work like a donkey to have that team stay close today.

Borbor
Nov 17, 2011, 09:43 AM
I watched it all and while Stricker was a bit off, Tiger was not mistake free either...they both contributed to the loss ..he drove the ball in the rough a few times and missed greens to bunkers as well

shot summary here for those who missed the match
http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/presidentscup/scoring/2011/thur_foursome.html?mn=6

but what monumental defeat 7 and 6 WOW worst I have seen in a long time.

why Freddie would put a guy who is just returning from injury with a guy who has struggled all year is beyond me, unless he was conceding the point ( of course he wasn't but a bad decision IMO with alt shot) .....especially in this format.........today I can see that pairing but not alternate shot.

Stevie looked pretty devastated afterwards ;)

I was shocked to see day and Badds blow their huge lead

overall USA must be very happy with the day 1 result...a commanding lead

Nah

Scott and Choi were on fire.

7 birdies in 12 holes? I doubt even the '09 version of Stricker-Woods would've been able to overcome that one. Maybe not a 7&6 loss, but they would've loss regardless.

Weirfan
Nov 17, 2011, 09:57 AM
just heard on TSN that 7 and 6 ties the worst drubbing in Pres Cup history