KJ Choi gamesmanship?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJ Choi gamesmanship?

Did anyone else notice that?
    On the 4th hole, KJ's putt was conceded and he walked over and stood on one foot to pickup,right on Tigers line inches from the cup and Tiger very nearly lipped out, when his putt curved through his footprint!

Re: KJ Choi gamesmanship?

I just watched that as I'm recording the entire round, and no he did not step in his line... it can look like it from the camera angle, but when you put his ball and Tiger's line in perspective K.J.'s foot is well back of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzy View Post
      Did anyone else notice that?
      On the 4th hole, KJ's putt was conceded and he walked over and stood on one foot to pickup,right on Tigers line inches from the cup and Tiger very nearly lipped out, when his putt curved through his footprint!

Maybe Tiger/Stricker wish he did now after getting schooled by Scott/Choi on their opening match. Last to start almost first to finish.
      In the Bag:

Cobra Bio Cell
      TM RBZ 3 wood
      Cobra Bio Cell 5 wood
      Cleveland DST 3 Hybrid
      Adams CB2 4-PW
      CG 14 52-08
      588 56-12
      Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-Line Counterbalance

Ball: Whatever I find in the bushes, trees or ponds

Comment

Originally posted by cmsgerr View Post
        I just watched that as I'm recording the entire round, and no he did not step in his line... it can look like it from the camera angle, but when you put his ball and Tiger's line in perspective K.J.'s foot is well back of it.
        I thought so as well. The announcers said that putt had some break in it, and when the greens are rolling 14 it's gonna move! No footprint (I doubt on greens that hard if footprints are being made anyway).

Comment

Don't think so

with a 7 and 6 loss it wouldn't matter anyway
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

TV angles are hard to judge so it might appear he stepped on Tigers line - I'm sure something would have been said if It happened - I mean when I saw Choi putting with the back to the cup on another hole I couldn't (neither did the commentators) see the break where the ball took a 90 degree turn!

Bettinardi BEBG-1501 Staff Bag (Riding 14 Clubs)
            TRPX S-013 1W 9.5 | RomaRo Ray Type-R 5W+ 17 & UT 19 | United SBB1 Tour 3-PW & SBW2 53/57 | Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Honma CB-3202 Stand Bag (Walking 12 Clubs)
            Baldo 8C Craft Brassy 2W 13 | George Spirit GTFW 5W 18 | Honma TW-U 21 & TW717M 4-PW | Romaro Alcobaca Stream Tour 58 | Bettinardi BB35

Comment

Originally posted by neova View Post
              TV angles are hard to judge so it might appear he stepped on Tigers line - I'm sure something would have been said if It happened - I mean when I saw Choi putting with the back to the cup on another hole I couldn't (neither did the commentators) see the break where the ball took a 90 degree turn!

That would have been the hilight of the day if he made that one.
              In the Bag:

Cobra Bio Cell
              TM RBZ 3 wood
              Cobra Bio Cell 5 wood
              Cleveland DST 3 Hybrid
              Adams CB2 4-PW
              CG 14 52-08
              588 56-12
              Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-Line Counterbalance

Ball: Whatever I find in the bushes, trees or ponds

Comment

Originally posted by pingI3kid View Post
                That would have been the hilight of the day if he made that one.
                It could also have been on the bloopers reel if he misread the break and putted off the green! Gutsy putt anyhow!

Bettinardi BEBG-1501 Staff Bag (Riding 14 Clubs)
                TRPX S-013 1W 9.5 | RomaRo Ray Type-R 5W+ 17 & UT 19 | United SBB1 Tour 3-PW & SBW2 53/57 | Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Honma CB-3202 Stand Bag (Walking 12 Clubs)
                Baldo 8C Craft Brassy 2W 13 | George Spirit GTFW 5W 18 | Honma TW-U 21 & TW717M 4-PW | Romaro Alcobaca Stream Tour 58 | Bettinardi BB35

Comment

simpson's 200 yard shot to the green out of the bunker was amazing

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X