PDA

View Full Version : TGN 2012 Weekly PGA Tour Fantasy League

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

shankuverymuch
Nov 28, 2011, 02:26 PM
*****NOTE ***** There were a LOT of WDs ( not committed ) for The Hyundai T of C. Check your picks !!!!

Also check out the new prizes further down this thread !

Ya, I know the ink is barely dry on the 2011 season...:rolleyes:

The 2012 TGN PGA Tour Weekly Fantasy League is up and ready for registration.

As always, it is COMPLETELY FREE to join. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

There are quite a few changes this year.

1) We will be hosting our Fantasy League at http://FanRoto.com (http://fanroto.com/) . More details on how to register after we discuss prizes.:D

2) The season is broken down into 3 mini-seasons:

Season 1 - The Hyundai Tournament of Champions up to and including The Masters. (TGN-1)

Season 2 - The RBC Heritage up to and including The Open Championship. (TGN-2)

Season 3 - The Travelers Championship to end of season. (TGN-3)

There will be a dozen balls ( Pentas ) to the winner of EACH of the mini-seasons.

I'm working on a prize for the overall season winner, and I'll update everyone when that is finalized.

Again, if anyone has any prizes or services they would like to donate as prizes, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure we can get a banner ad for anyone who donates prizes on our standings pages.

How to register and play:

To register, go to :

http://FanRoto.com (http://fanroto.com/)

Use the "Sign Up" link from the top menu to register. If you are a Facebook member or Twitter member, you can use the Facebook or Twitter "Instant Registration" buttons on the right sidebar menu.

Once you are registered, you can login using the "Login" menu.

You will need to join the TGN private games. ( you need to join all 3 individually )

To Join the TGN games, use the "Members Area" menu, and select "Join a Private Game -> GOLF" .

Enter the Private Game Name: ( either TGN-1 or TGN-2 or TGN-3 )

Click on "Join Game" .

To Make / Edit your picks for each tournament:

Use the "Members Area" menu, and select "My Games -> GOLF -> Active Games .

You should see the Games you joined, and you can click on the "Pencil" icon to make or change your picks, or click on the "Magnifying Glass" icon to view the standings for that league. The standings update in real-time as the tournament is in progress.

The field is already up for The Hyundai Tournament of Champions, so you have lots of time to practice.;)

If you have any questions, you can PM me or post them here.

Good Luck all !!!

Shank

55plymouth
Nov 28, 2011, 06:26 PM
Hi Shank. I really enjoy these pools although I have never won. It the trill of the chase. :D I would like to donate $50.00 for the prize pool. It could buy a gift card for golf or perhaps diner. Let me know how to transfer the money to you. I better go register today, I dont want to miss any action.

shankuverymuch
Nov 28, 2011, 07:45 PM
Hi Shank. I really enjoy these pools although I have never won. It the trill of the chase. :D I would like to donate $50.00 for the prize pool. It could buy a gift card for golf or perhaps diner. Let me know how to transfer the money to you. I better go register today, I dont want to miss any action.

Thanks for the offer ! :D

I was hoping that there would be people on the forum that were in the golf biz that would like to play and donate.

Let's see if anyone comes forward and donates.

...besides, you will need all your beer money for our weekly "Beer Money" pools ! :p:p:p:p

Bellyhungry
Nov 29, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hey Shank,

I simply can't follow the weekly league. Perhaps you can run a pool/league just for the 4 majors.

Just my thought....

shankuverymuch
Nov 29, 2011, 09:38 PM
Hey Shank,

I simply can't follow the weekly league. Perhaps you can run a pool/league just for the 4 majors.

Just my thought....

We can certainly do that !:D :D

shankuverymuch
Nov 29, 2011, 09:44 PM
Hey Shank,

Just my thought....

Done !!! Follow the registration instructions above...

The private game name is 'TGN-Majors'.

If we get enough people in, I'll scare something up for a prize.

Shank

Hands
Nov 29, 2011, 09:46 PM
All joined up and ready to go. I can offer a $25 GolfTown gift card as a prize on behalf of Dogleg.ca (http://dogleg.ca).

ScrambleforDoubleBog
Nov 30, 2011, 12:02 AM
Thanks for setting this up Shank. This will make watching the upcoming season even more entertaining.

Lefty17
Dec 1, 2011, 06:38 PM
Signed up and ready to win it this/next year. :D

shankuverymuch
Dec 1, 2011, 06:50 PM
Signed up and ready to win it this/next year. :D

Bring it on !!!!:D

Fantasy09
Dec 1, 2011, 08:42 PM
I will be signing up from Australia this year. I have the advantage since I am a day ahead :D:D:D

shankuverymuch
Dec 1, 2011, 09:11 PM
I will be signing up from Australia this year. I have the advantage since I am a day ahead :D:D:D

Don't tell me I'm going to have to start posting closing times in both ET and Aussie time. :eek:

Fantasy09
Dec 1, 2011, 10:16 PM
Don't tell me I'm going to have to start posting closing times in both ET and Aussie time. :eek:
That sure help, with my scoring:D

Johnrw
Dec 2, 2011, 08:15 AM
I'm new but all signed up. I appreciate any prizes, but is it illegal to gamble?
What I was thinking is that for the 4 majors, there would be a $10 entry fee, but the winner doesn't get the prize, but the money be sent to his favourite charity. It's not important, but only a thought. If we could do that under the persons name he might just get a tax receipt in return, and that would be his winnings.

shankuverymuch
Dec 2, 2011, 09:28 AM
I'm new but all signed up. I appreciate any prizes, but is it illegal to gamble?
What I was thinking is that for the 4 majors, there would be a $10 entry fee, but the winner doesn't get the prize, but the money be sent to his favourite charity. It's not important, but only a thought. If we could do that under the persons name he might just get a tax receipt in return, and that would be his winnings.

The short answer is it's not gambling. Fantasy Sports are considered a "Game of Skill".

Besides, we are not charging any entry fee at all.

I like the idea of having an event where the money goes to charity. It's a good way for us all to "give back".

Last year, the money that was generated from ad clicks was donated to charities for the majors. It wasn't much, but every little bit helps.

shankuverymuch
Dec 6, 2011, 11:29 AM
15 signed up so far for TGN-1...

If you have already made your picks for The Hyundai, don't forget to check for field updates as there are always a couple of players who WD ( Phil Mickelson almost never plays this event )

Shank

shankuverymuch
Dec 14, 2011, 06:22 PM
If you registered at FanRoto using the instant twitter registration, you got a $1 credit that you can use for one of the $1.00 Daily NHL or Weekly NFL games.

Shank

shankuverymuch
Dec 22, 2011, 07:14 AM
2 weeks left to sign up for the 1st segment

22 in so far...

shankuverymuch
Dec 28, 2011, 09:18 AM
I had a few request for "more than braggin rights", so I set up a "take Shank's beer money" league.

This is COMPLETELY separate from our weekly FREE League. ( membership not required ).

General rules:

- Entry Fee - $25.00
- $20.00 goes in the pot, $5.00 goes to charity.
- Covers the Hyundai up to and including The Masters
- Pick 10 each week
- Limit 100 Entries
- Pays 50%/30%/20% of the pot.
- Winner gets charity tax receipt.

I haven't picked a charity yet. Suggestions would be apreciated...

- Winner picks Charity ?
- Consensus ?
- I pick this one, winner picks the next charity ?
- Other ?

Entries close next Friday.

The league is hosted at: http://FanRoto.com Private Game Name: 'TGN-1-25'

This is a good chance to have some fun, and give something back.

Shank

shankuverymuch
Dec 31, 2011, 04:27 AM
The committed field is posted for Thw 2012 Hyundai Tournament of Champions.

Only 28 of the 39 eligible players have committed tp play.

Check your picks !

Shank

shankuverymuch
Dec 31, 2011, 06:16 PM
Less than a week left to register and get your picks in for TGN-1 .

...stay tuned for some exciting prize info !:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Shank

richay
Dec 31, 2011, 06:50 PM
alright im in the loop, sticking to my young boys.

gbrgolf
Jan 2, 2012, 11:33 AM
I'm in..... last place, here I come!!!

shankuverymuch
Jan 2, 2012, 12:06 PM
...27 in so far.

The first tee time should be around noon ET on Friday, so you have until then to register and make your picks for TGN-1.

Again, to everyone who hasn't checked your picks in a while, only 28 of the 39 golfers actually committed.:( CHECK YOU PICKS !!!

Good luck to all.;)

Shank

shankuverymuch
Jan 2, 2012, 12:35 PM
A very generous TGN member has donated prizes for our weekly PGA Tour Leagues !:clap::clap::clap:

In addition to the dozen Pentas, each segment winner will also win an ACCRA Golf hat & bag.

The overall full season winner will win an Accra Golf Shaft and Custom Fitting.

Thanks Gawain !

PS. As administrator, I decided to give myself a $10 million head start bonus on each segment.:p:p:p

Seriously, those are pretty great prizes !

Shank

Ochoafan
Jan 2, 2012, 02:00 PM
I don't have a clue but I'm in. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Hoping for some beginners' luck here. :D

Air_Wang
Jan 2, 2012, 02:15 PM
Ill give this a go... just add it to the list of other Fantasy Pools I'm horrible at.

seetrout699
Jan 2, 2012, 05:37 PM
As if I don't already watch enough golf this will guarantee that I watch even more.

I am in - this sounds like fun.

Thanks for all of your efforts on this Shankuverymuch!

55plymouth
Jan 3, 2012, 08:51 AM
I don't have a clue but I'm in. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Hoping for some beginners' luck here. :D

Neither do I but every now and again you get lucky.

Chambokl
Jan 3, 2012, 09:10 AM
In.... Thanks!

shankuverymuch
Jan 4, 2012, 04:24 PM
Hey TGNers! Don't forget to give the Euro pool a try.

There are quite a few times a year when the Euro field is better than Tour field.

There are a lot of guys over there that aren't household names that could be soon.

The Private Game Name is 'TGN Euro'.

The new slogan of The PGA Tour should be

'These Guys are Good, but the Major Winners Come From that Other Tour'. :rofl:

PS. Don't pick Quiros !

shankuverymuch
Jan 4, 2012, 07:36 PM
Tee Times are now posted for The Hyundai TOC. Entries close at 3:35 PM ET on FRIDAY !

Still plenty of time to register and enter for TGN-1 if you haven't yet !:hyper:

If you have registered, and not made your picks ( 6 as of now ), log on and make your picks before Friday at 3:35 PM ET.

If you made your picks prior to last Friday, log on and check them as quite a few players dropped out, or didn't commit.

There are some great prizes this year, and I'd hate to see anyone miss a chance at them.

Good Luck to all !!!

Shank

Johnrw
Jan 4, 2012, 07:46 PM
That's very generous of Gawain. Big clap of the hands for him to step up with those great prizes.:clap::clap:

shankuverymuch
Jan 4, 2012, 08:44 PM
That's very generous of Gawain. Big clap of the hands for him to step up with those great prizes.:clap::clap:

I'll say !!! ...and it is very much appreciated. ACCRA has a new web site up...there is a link to it on the leaderboard page...check it out !

Dogleg.ca also stepped up, so check out his site when you get a chance.

... we even had a couple of members not in the business offering to contribute $$$s to help with prizes !

Cheers to all of you ! :beer:

shankuverymuch
Jan 5, 2012, 10:02 AM
Just over a day left to register and make your picks for TGN-1 .

43 in and counting !:hyper:

shankuverymuch
Jan 6, 2012, 01:06 PM
Last call to get your picks in for The Hyundai TOC.

Entries close in about 2 1/2 hours.

Some great prizes are up for grabs !

Shank

shankuverymuch
Jan 6, 2012, 04:07 PM
Damn !!! Down 1 player before it even starts.

Lucas ! At least WD earlier enough before the tournament so that I have a chance to replace you ! :mad:

Pubknight
Jan 7, 2012, 01:05 AM
Maybe it's an iPad thing... But is there not a way to see yours/others players?
All I'm seeing when I click my name is the list of tourneys with 'earnings' from each.

shankuverymuch
Jan 7, 2012, 01:45 AM
Maybe it's an iPad thing... But is there not a way to see yours/others players?
All I'm seeing when I click my name is the list of tourneys with 'earnings' from each.

Do you not see a drop down list just above the ad banner that says "Select Tournament" ?

... Just select "Hyundai Tournament of Champions".

Shank

seetrout699
Jan 7, 2012, 08:35 AM
Hey Shank [or anyone else who knows]

Now that the Hyundai has started I wanted to see how myself and everyone else who entered is doing since I think that the leaderboard is updated in real time?

Anyhow I cannot believe that I haven't been able to figure this out but-

after I log in how exactly do I find private game TGN-1 and follow that game?

step by step to get there please.

thank you in advance

Pubknight
Jan 7, 2012, 08:40 AM
Do you not see a drop down list just above the ad banner that says "Select Tournament" ?

... Just select "Hyundai Tournament of Champions".

Shank
Got it now,thanks.
Problem was most likely just me being blind.

sLuGo
Jan 7, 2012, 08:40 AM
you log into the site.
Member area - my games - golf - active games
Of the 3 boxes on the far right is the active "season". Click the magnifying glass

Now you can see the 3 pages of results(total money) but you can NOT see each others picks from my clicking around.

Thanks again for this pool shank!

sLuGo
Jan 7, 2012, 08:47 AM
After some more clicking around. Once you get to the total money page. At the top if you select the current active tournament from the dropdown you can see your picks as well as everyone elses

shankuverymuch
Jan 7, 2012, 09:15 AM
Got it now,thanks.
Problem was most likely just me being blind.

...didn't your mother ever tell you you'd go blind ?:D

Hey Shank [or anyone else who knows]

Now that the Hyundai has started I wanted to see how myself and everyone else who entered is doing since I think that the leaderboard is updated in real time?

Anyhow I cannot believe that I haven't been able to figure this out but-

after I log in how exactly do I find private game TGN-1 and follow that game?

step by step to get there please.

thank you in advance

After you login...

Put your mouse over "Members Area"...
Now over "My Games"...
Now over "GOLF"...
Now click on "Active Games".

You should now see boxes with all the games you have entered.

Click on the magnifying glass in the TGN-1 box.

A new window ( or new tab ) should open up with that game's standings.

In the "Select Tournament" dropdown list, select the tournament you want to look at ( or Season Totals ).

To view the individual player breakdowns, click on the "Team Name" you want to view.

You can view 2 player breakdowns for teams at a time...

When you have 2 player breakdowns viewed, you will notice that some player names are white, and some are green.

White means both teams you are viewing picked that player. Green means that player is unigue to that team.

Hope this helsp.

Shank

Ochoafan
Jan 7, 2012, 10:20 AM
Hey....so far I'm not in last! :hyper: Still not over yet though. :hush:

shankuverymuch
Jan 7, 2012, 10:38 AM
The field is up for The Sony Open....you can make picks between now and Thursday.

The field for the next tournament is usually posted sometime on the Friday evening before the tournament.

Just a note for the newbies: Players do WD after the have committed, so if you make your picks early, it's a good idea to check them again before the tournament begins.

I usually try to post field updates here as I find out about them.

Shank

seetrout699
Jan 7, 2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks sLuGo and shank- I will be able to follow the tournament now from my near-the-rear view position.

shankuverymuch
Jan 7, 2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks sLuGo and shank- I will be able to follow the tournament now from my near-the-rear view position.

Middle of the pack so far... that ain't bad !

shankuverymuch
Jan 9, 2012, 06:07 PM
First event of the year, and my goal was to place in the top 5.

After 3 rounds, my goal is to stay off the last page !:eek:

shankuverymuch
Jan 10, 2012, 09:14 AM
Picks need to be in by noon-ish ET on THURSDAY...I'll post an exact time when I know it.

Shank