PDA

View Full Version : Final check of my top 30 predictions

tonyj5
Nov 28, 2011, 07:37 PM
Earlier this year, before the season started, a bunch of us were asked to predict the top 30 LPGA players of the year.

I didn't do very well.

http://mlyhlss.blogspot.com/2011/11/final-check-on-my-top-30-predictions.html

nearace
Nov 28, 2011, 09:10 PM
and your point is?,or are you here to flaunt your blog?

Kace
Nov 28, 2011, 11:57 PM
and your point is?,or are you here to flaunt your blog?

I think he's here to discuss golf. :confused:

tonyj5
Nov 29, 2011, 12:23 AM
I am here to try to keep the LPGA in the news. Much is always written about the PGA. The LPGA has a great product.

Chambokl
Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 AM
Sports Illustrated has a nice article about Lexi Thompson (last week edition)...

tonyj5
Nov 29, 2011, 12:57 AM
Yes it did. I read the article. I only wish Golf Week, Golf World , and Golf Digest would dedicate more than 1 page an issue to The LPGA tour.

dekker
Nov 29, 2011, 11:49 AM
I see no problem with somebody promoting the LPGA ,even through his blog.

Birdiebigballs
Nov 29, 2011, 01:00 PM
I see no problem with SPAMMING.

FTFY;)

Emtee
Nov 29, 2011, 01:15 PM
I see no problem with somebody promoting the LPGA ,even through his blog.

+1 on this one.

Emtee
Nov 29, 2011, 01:17 PM
FTFY;)

Don't see Tony trying to sell anything here.:confused:

Soo...simmer down.:cookoo:

nearace
Nov 29, 2011, 03:57 PM
I think he's here to discuss golf. :confused:through his blog?,he can discuss the lpga anytime on tgn ,I just thought the forum had a rule about links in there posts,I will talk the lpga on here all day but wont be visiting his site for lpga news.

Spottswoode
Nov 30, 2011, 10:40 AM
through his blog?,he can discuss the lpga anytime on tgn ,I just thought the forum had a rule about links in there posts,I will talk the lpga on here all day but wont be visiting his site for lpga news.

Agreed, posting links to a blog is not contributing to any discussions on this site.

Birdiebigballs
Nov 30, 2011, 01:46 PM
Don't see Tony trying to sell anything here.:confused:

Soo...simmer down.:cookoo:

You are right, he's certainly not trying to direct traffic to his blog! My bad :cookoo:

Pubknight
Nov 30, 2011, 03:34 PM
yeah, OP has started 2 threads, both of which direct to his blog.
Talking about golf is good.
Talking about the LPGA is good.
That's why we have this forum at TGN... to talk about golf.
But it's to talk about golf here... not over at someone's blog.
It's spam.
Maybe more subtle than some, and has more context relevant to TGNers, but it's still spam.

tonyj5
Nov 30, 2011, 04:29 PM
My only purpose of posting here is to promote the LPGA. Yes, I write for Mostly Harmless, and at times also write for the official LPGA web-site. I attend about 8 LPGA tournaments a year. I can sometimes get good interviews as I am rewarded with an LPGA press badge. I am not trying to sell anybody anything. My posts are meant to be informative for people who are interested in the LPGA. Everyone blogs about the PGA, but almost no one on here blogs about the LPGA. The LPGA girls are great, if you went out to see them once, you would want to go again. The LPGA has a great product, but no one seems to know it. Most other golf forums know who I am and have no problem with my link.

Spottswoode
Nov 30, 2011, 05:06 PM
Where are your lpga writings? Can't find you in their search and I know it works because I found another one of their writers.

http://www.lpga.com/Search.aspx?SearchString=shannon%20dowdy

tonyj5
Nov 30, 2011, 05:34 PM
I am only on there when I cover a tournament. The last one I did was the British open. It is no longer on there. If you look at one of my other threads on here. (Photo Book), you will see some of the pictures I took with the golfers I interviewed.

cuonthe1t
Nov 30, 2011, 05:44 PM
keep it coming Tony-- after every tournament whether it be PGA European or LPGA, I check their home web site to locate any other news from the week