PDA

View Full Version : Lee Westwood @ the Nedbank Challenge WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weirfan
Dec 3, 2011, 04:52 PM
even though another pseudo event with a tiny field ...like the Chevron

Lee Westwood shoots a blistering 10 under 62 today and leads a pretty decent field by 7 strokes after 2 rounds....

very impressive !!!!!

somebody else with their sites on reclaiming #1

golf nut
Dec 3, 2011, 04:59 PM

Lee Westwood shoots a blistering 10 under 62 today and leads a pretty decent field by 7 strokes after 2 rounds....

very impressive !!!!!

somebody else with their sites on reclaiming #1That's what Limeys do.

Bellyhungry
Dec 3, 2011, 05:06 PM
Reading the title, I thought he got eaten by a Nile crocodile.

youngnchipper
Dec 3, 2011, 05:15 PM

very impressive !!!!!

somebody else with their sites on reclaiming #1

Remember:
Amateurs built the Arc
Professionals built the Titanic

Wier fan... i don't understand your signature... What are you implying?

Wish i could putt
Dec 3, 2011, 05:25 PM
Hit some very impressive shots today...

golf nut
Dec 3, 2011, 05:38 PM
Remember:
Amateurs built the Arc
Professionals built the Titanic

Wier fan... i don't understand your signature... What are you implying?

How old are you?

youngnchipper
Dec 3, 2011, 06:35 PM
I'm just saying, run the ark into an iceberg at that speed... and see what happens haha.

Get my point? Noah is just lucky he could steer. Jeez read the bible or something.

Philly1963
Dec 3, 2011, 08:25 PM
WOW!!! Is that not one of the majors?

ace in the hazard
Dec 3, 2011, 08:39 PM
I'm just saying, run the ark into an iceberg at that speed... and see what happens haha.

Get my point? Noah is just lucky he could steer. Jeez read the bible or something.

not many icebergs in turkey...

mpare
Dec 3, 2011, 10:33 PM
You try running a wooden ship into Mount Ararat! ;)

not many icebergs in turkey...

Bellyhungry
Dec 3, 2011, 10:44 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news one more time: Noah's Ark is not real...

dekker
Dec 3, 2011, 11:30 PM
what it implies is that an amateur builder has the ability to build something right if he follows properly applied principles.
A professional builder(OEM) will often, with deliberate ignorance, fail to do what's right for the sake of expedience.

How bleeding hard was that?

ace in the hazard
Dec 3, 2011, 11:40 PM
i think his implication was that it was the indian, not the arrow that caused the problem with the titanic. this of course ignores the brittle fracture in the new "improved steel" they used, but i am guessing that's where he was coming from

thread officially jacked :D

TourIQ
Dec 3, 2011, 11:51 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news one more time: Noah's Ark is not real...Give him a break BH he still believes in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny, maybe even the Tooth Ferry :p

ace in the hazard
Dec 4, 2011, 12:12 AM
Give him a break BH he still believes in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny, maybe even the Tooth Ferry :p

The Tooth Ferry? Is that what helps you get across the Dental Dam?

golf nut
Dec 4, 2011, 01:36 AM
Kids these days.

rgk5
Dec 4, 2011, 05:58 AM
Give him a break BH he still believes in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny, maybe even the Tooth Ferry :p

Maybe the Staten Island or Toronto Island ferry but not the Tooth Fairy.

dekker
Dec 4, 2011, 06:23 AM
Lee will grin and beer it should he carry through.:) He personifies the Neumann of golf.

pugs
Dec 4, 2011, 07:46 AM
Another post with a bunch of dumbass replies. This seems to be the norm on this site anymore. To the OP.... Westwood's round was quite impressive.

Golden Bear
Dec 4, 2011, 09:39 AM
Who says Noah was an amateur? We're never told what his profession was. For all we know, he was an ark-builder by trade.

Besides, it's not like he drew up the blueprints. He just provided the materials and labour and built to spec.

Of course, it is worth noting that Noah ended up shipwrecked. Plus, he never knew where the hell he was going. He had to send birds out to find land. But that just means he was a crappy sailor; it says nothing of his ark-building capabilities.

mpare
Dec 4, 2011, 11:31 AM
Lee Westwood played very well. It will be great to see him back in top form. As for the other comments, I personally enjoy them. A little humour is always a good thing.

Another post with a bunch of dumbass replies. This seems to be the norm on this site anymore. To the OP.... Westwood's round was quite impressive.

Leftygolfer30
Dec 4, 2011, 11:37 AM

Aw muffin.

Lighten up and don't take the world (or this forum) so seriously.

youngnchipper
Dec 4, 2011, 11:50 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news one more time: Noah's Ark is not real...

Pretty sure the titanic wasn't real either, it's just a movie bra.

Since we are talking non-sense anyways, I wonder what would have happened if our buddy that captained the titanic was to take over command of the Ark when Noah gets sick. You'll probably find the thing capsized within a few hours haha! And poor jack and rose would have to swim to land to help re-populate us.

I think they should change the ark story to have a Jack and Rose ending. Am i right?

Golden Bear
Dec 4, 2011, 11:53 AM
Pretty sure the titanic wasn't real either, it's just a movie bra.

Since we are talking non-sense anyways, I wonder what would have happened if our buddy that captained the titanic was to take over command of the Ark when Noah gets sick. You'll probably find the thing capsized within a few hours haha! And poor jack and rose would have to swim to land to help re-populate us.

I think they should change the ark story to have a Jack and Rose ending. Am i right?

Um.

You know the movie was based on a true story, right? And not the Jack and Rose part.

Lefty17
Dec 4, 2011, 02:59 PM
Two of the best rounds I've seen played have come from Westwood... yesterdays round and the final round 2 years ago I believe in the finale of the Race to Dubai.

petvan
Dec 10, 2011, 03:59 PM

umm.. serious addition to the dialog here...

Confucius might chime in about something related to glass houses.